Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I started a Blog, what Now?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I started a Blog, what Now?

I have started a blog, its about everyday life issues, and business issues. I share the everyday issues to Facebook and Twitter and the Business issues to LinkedIn. I havent posted a business topic yet, as Im just finding my way around. My question is this. How do I go about advertising my blog so that people can find me. The only other thing Ive done is add it to my Instagram profile. Ideas anyone???

Thanks
    Put a link in your email signature.
    Write lots of words google likes words for search results.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Hi. Good job in starting your blog and in embracing social media! Getting people to read your blog is not an easy task but if you post/write interesting and worth content, the readers will come! What is your blog address so that I can have a look at it for you and give some more input. Another important thing to look at is the visual appearance of your blog and social media accounts. Design plays a vital role in telling your readers that you mean business! Do you have your own domain name or is it a free sub domain? Once I have had a quick browse around your blog, I will be able to give you some more input.

Thanks
    Hey

1. Claim it on Technorati.com. This can help you get a trusted link to your site. Google likes that. If your blog does well here, then there are other benefits.
    2. Do the same for other blog-search and blog-directory websites. Submit your RSS feed where you can.
    3. Get lots of Twitter followers and Facebook fans. This is a long-term strategy and takes a lot of ongoing effort but the 2 (your social profiles and your blog) will feed each other.
    4. Make it easy to connect with you on Twitter & Facebook from your blog.
    5. Advertise! Just written a great article? Advertise it on Facebook for a day and see what happens. Experiment with different headings, different articles, etc.
    6. Promote each blog post plus your home page. This helps you get deep-links: www.socialmarker.com
    7. Get on www.google.com/webmasters and FIX every error they find. Use the info there to see what you're ranking for and WRITE MORE around that.
    8. Submit your sitemap at www.google.com/webmasters
    9. Find great bloggers to follow around your niche. Comment on their blogs, link back to yours. Don't be spammy.
    10. Find great bloggers who write about getting people to visit your blog. (eg: http://www.problogger.net/) Learn from them.
    11. Write definitive "best of", "top 10", "how to" posts that people want to share.

There are a ton of other things as well.

Each one of these should be done as well as possible.
    DON'T rush through them.
    Do the ones you can do or that resonate with you.
    Do as many as possible.

Above all else: Write great content. This will NOT get you tons of readers by itself but if you plant the seed to get a few readers, using the above suggestions, and more that you will learn over time, your blog CAN get viral because of the content you post.
    Norio De Sousa - Just1.co.za (Cheap web hosting & website builder)
    Maxiware CC Reg no. 2000/048244/23 (Maxiware CC)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This is a long hard slog. You really gotta enjoy writing else you will lose interest with time.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Write quality content articles. That way, your site will gain traffic and will eventually lead to regular visitors. You may also try posting a few teasers on your social media sites. Goodluck!

Thanks
    Good job Norri. Another tip might be to invite guest bloggers, they can ask their "followers" to read what they wrote on you blog.

Thanks
    Hi Norri. A great way to get people interested in your blog is to get interested in other people's blogs. Find blogs that are similar to yours. Thank them for the great read and then refer them to an article your wrote.

Unfortunately there isn't a cut and dry science behind marketing your blog.

Email problem
    Thanks
    You can go to social sites to advertise your blogs like Instagram, tweeter, and Facebook. I think Instagram is the best option because nowadays everyone using It that's why it is the best option to promote the product. I also use it to promote my cosmetic product among my customers and for increasing customers.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherKing View Post
    You can go to social sites to advertise your blogs like Instagram, tweeter, and Facebook.
    Tweeter?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast