Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I started a Blog, what Now?

Thanks
    Hi BusNavig8,
    You can create a blog to post daily issue activity in your daily life. It's a good thought to tell people daily life issues with global users. You want to advertise your blog to another website and make new blog famous. You do some likes as-
    - You can Add it your Email Signature or Business Cards
    - Communicate to other related Blog
    - Post Content Frequently
    - Participate online Forums
    - Used Social Media
    - Join Blog Carnival
    - Guest Blog
    - Email Marketing

Thanks
    Lots of words don't mean anything. You need to make a great content attracting others. Don't blindly believe in Content is King, you should know why the content is the king.
    Start writing many relevant blogs is also okay to build a system for your blog.

Thanks
    In order to have a successful blog, you would need high quality content, information people would view as "valuable". General "Blah blah" wont get you anywhere. I would also use Google Keyword Tool, and see what type of keywords people are searching for in your industry. This way, you could write about Topics people are interested in, and if the article is high quality, you could easily get Page 1 rankings for "Long Term Keywords".

For instance, if your blog is about Dogs, you could search a topic such as "Best Dog Food For Puppies". This keyword receives 50 searches per month in South Africa (I looked into it), if you article is long and provides good content, you could rank for it on Page 1 of Google and get a few visitors on Google just from that article. Hope that helps

Thanks
    Hi,

Share your blog on social media like linkedin, instagram, twitter etc., get your blog on high DA social bookmarking sites, include your blog link in your social media profiles.

I hope this will help you to advertise your blog.

Thanks
    Hi, its a good thing you've started your blog. Many people get stuck at that first step. Its also a positive sign that you are sharing your posts on social media, which is one of the best ways of increasing traffic. Now make sure you post as often as possible, use high-ranking keywords, do backlinking to your blog, invite guest posts and also like other people's blogs as you invite them to yours. Good luck

Thanks
    It depens on your budget. Please write it.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Now the hard part starts - get traffic.

First of all, create attractive unique content that will be easy to promote. Once you do that, start building your audience. Post to forums, do guest posting, social media marketing etc.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Yeah I see so many people say write blogs and the traffic will come if your original content.
    You need to market your blog that a big all these SEO gurus leave out.
    So first of all there are a few options.
    Get the SEO of your website right:
    Submitting pages to google.
    Doing keyword research.
    Writing blog articles that are actually appealing to your target audience... and so on and so on there are millions of articles on-page SEO.
    Then you need off-page SEO - this is basically backlink building whether you do it white hat grey hat or blackhat. You can also do guest posting on other relevant sites with outreach but you will probably end up paying for that more about this coming.
    You can insert metadata into your post for social media channel lets create a business page or share your blog on other pages that will link back to your website.
    All this sounds awesome, right? It was when it used to work. See things have changed a lot since these suggestions were still working.

In a nutshell, everything is about money now. Google ranks articles on directory sites faster than anything else making organic ranking very hard unless you use black hat techniques. So you try outreach-- this may work a little by posting on somebody's website who has traffic but you will pay. And if you are going to pay any sort of money just get AdWords and advertise what you need to advertise directly. This is what Google's vision is for webmasters.

With Facebook the same concept of organic reach on Facebook has been declining they have even gone so far as to state that because Facebook is moving to a more social-friendly platform businesses should expect 0% reach eventually from their posts EVEN FOR PAGE FOLLOWERS its no against their places to run like or share campaigns for a prize so nope you can do that They want you to... you guessed it make use of their paid advertising.

So that's what it all is heading towards pay to play.
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Facebook pages ... unless you pay/ boost the post ... it seems they throttle the exposure to an extent that it is a waste of time ... I have a few facebook "pages" ... they have grown over the years ... but because I choose not to pay/boost the pages ... I get an average of a 3 likes a week ... over time they start adding up ... The content is to the point and relevant to the page.

I very seldom waste time posting stuff on the facebook pages but when i do it is worthwhile content. ... I found using your 2 facebook accounts (not pages) works way better ... I have a personal facebook account (close friends and family) and another page which uses a similar name (for everything else) ... you will notice people are getting smarter ... you just keep sending out friend requests to ever person who comes up as a suggestion ... you will notice many friend request are accepted because people want you to like their bussiness or their pages .. then you get bombared with advertising or product promotion ... I have found if you dont post religion ... politics or air your personal views on topics ... people tend to start take note of your content.

Social media requires constant interaction ... you cant post one post and expect it to grow ... any fool can get a person to write a "nice" post ... this platform is a good example ... if you interact with this platform or any platform ... you will notice a trend with posts ... you can almost paint a picture of the person ... some of us are just here for entertainment (hence the alias) ... others are here to play nicely and share valuable information ... for example you wouldnt call me if you needed an electrican ... but you would pm Andy or sparks etc for asssitance ... anything pastel related ... Neville would be the right person ... you get the idea ... you can be anything or anyone on social media ... the catch is ... you will eventually get caught out ... for example we had a person on an electrical platform who made out like he was "bidding" for huge multi million dollar constracts around the world ... had a person jet ... after 3 years we found out he was a lift technican working for a company in the USA ... I have also found that people are very "clicky" on social media.

If you want to be grow your views ... likes etc ... be consistant ... to the point ... dont comment on politics or attack others personally and dont bullshyte ... social media is an extremely powerful tool ... if used correctly.

Manage your social profile ... Play nicely and understand that there not one method of spreading the word and you will grow.

Every industry has a unique way of creating new customers ... dont get stuck on one method just because it works for someone else.
    Last edited by ians; 07-Jan-21 at 04:11 PM.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Facebook pages ... unless you pay/ boost the post ... it seems they throttle the exposure to an extent that it is a waste of time ... I have a few Facebook "pages" ... they have grown over the years ... but because I choose not to pay/boost the pages ... I get an average of a 3 likes a week ... over time they start adding up ... The content is to the point and relevant to the page.
    I was very much in this camp when organic reach was still 5% on posts and even higher on people who followed your page. I think we are at 2% now told us that we should expect it to be 0%.

I also realized then and there that likes are nothing but a vanity metric they mean nothing except maybe a bit of "social proof". Yet Facebook still allows like campaigns after they said that even followers will see less and less of the stuff from the pages they liked and that you should expect to pay for your followers to see your posts.

This is when I thought well id rather pay and get thousands more of the right people seeing my content than play it out a few years - The cost of those hours vs the cost of targeted advertising on Facebook advertising with a much bigger ROI.

I agree don't get stuck on one method so again time is needed to jump into other methods and thus id opt again for paid advertising. To allow me the freedom to explore other areas.

Personally, I think Facebook is scum, (didn't want to give them a cent) I hate it compared to good old forums such as this, I hate the dominance they have on data along with Google. They are however some of your best marketing tools when used in the correct manner.

About your suggestion that organic reach is declining:
    https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/f...each-declining
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast