Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mr Price - Poor Quality

Thanks
    Okay, Wynn's post makes me remember this incident: When I was still a member of Virgin Active Lenasia(a distant memory now), I met this gentleman, we'll call him Mr X. He was in his 60's. Now it's common cause that you don't dress up for the gym, you wera old, shabby clothing as it really doesn't make sense to wear quality clothing. You sweat, you stretch alot, you need to be comfortable. So Mr X tells me on teh Monday that he's in the market for a merc and further that he plans to go to this specific merc dealer that wednesday after gym. Even with shabby clothing Mr X was a mess! Come Friday, being my usual obnoxious self, I asked him for feedback. He had related 2 incidents, he went to the merc dealer after gym that Wednesday. The staff just ignored him. When he eventually did manage to get the attention of 1 salesman, he was told that he would not be able to afford the car and that if would be a waste of time to fill out an application for him. Mr X then asks this salesman why the other client Mr Y gets a cup of coffee and the salesman informs him as follows: Because he’s not a hobo like you, we don’t give hobo’s coffee and we got no part time job for you here!” The second incident, he mentioned to me that his daughter was in London working towards a Business degree but that she asked him to buy certain textbooks from a bookstore in Lenasia. So before he went to the merc dealer, he goes to this bookstore and the particular book he required was somehow covered in transparent plastic, he proceeded to remove the plastic. The salesman starts yelling at him at the top of his voice, “Hey you, you open it, you’ll pay for it. That book is for university students, it’s not a magazine!” The sad part was he could have really managed the installments for that merc as he explained to me that he’s willing to pay R4500 per month for a quality car, he also had some R40 000 cash for a deposit. He ended up buying a brand new toyota..
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

2. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (30-May-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Consumers are guillable and often just accept what is given as "standard " practice.

I bought a demo from a motor dealer last year and noticed the "delivery package" on the invoice. This was explained as registration, number plates, car mats and a delivery charge. I refused to pay it as the car already had number plates, it had mats and I had to collect the car from their premises. I also came away with a full tank of petrol as a gesture of goodwill from the dealer. Will I go back? Yes, they will be my first call if ever I need a vehicle again, although that may be unlikely in view of rising vehicle prices.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    sadly, most of the stuff we buy in our stores is made in China- i know Woolies is one of the exceptions where most of their stuff is local
    and i do agree that despite their prices being higher than Mr Price etc, the quality of their socks is dropping
    just bought a pack of 7 socks for R100- not what i am used to from them- very poor finishing.
    A “conspiracy theory” no longer means an event explained by a conspiracy. Instead, it now means any explanation, or even a fact, that is out of step with the government’s explanation and that of its media pimps.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It will take a long, long time before I will shop at Mr Price again. (I have learnt never to say never). Their quality is really poor and service is shocking.

I bought a golf shirt there the other day and already it is coming loose at the seams. Absolute rubbish!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123