Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mr Price - Poor Quality

Bronze Member
    Thanks

Mr Price - Poor Quality

I am now more than a little pissed off with Mr Price. For a "leading" and clearly lucrative SA Retailer I am begining to doubt their integrity when it comes to providing value for money and the quality of their merchandise. Tomorrow I will be returning for a 3rd time to the local store I purchased a fleece lined jacket to return it. The zips dont work on these things. This time I am not going to accept a swap but will ask for my money back.

Prior to this I have noticed on numerous occassions that after 1 or 2 washes my shirts reduce by 1 or 2 sizes and become useless to me.

Anybody else have similar experiences with Mr P?

Thanks
    I guess you pays your money you takes your chance. I tend to take the view that with all those suppliers of cheap and cheerful clothing imports (Mr Price, Ackermans, Jet etc) you're going to end up more likely to be returning items with quality issues. If they are prepared to exchange or refund without hassles then I guess you can't expect too much more. If you want shirts that don't fade and last for years then you expect to pay more and you head somewhere else that charges accordingly.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Some of Mr P's stuff is not cheap and I wouldn't expect it to be of such quality that one needs to throw it away after 2 washes or have it malfunction so easily (zip story). Incidentally I have bought a few items from PEP, granted not up-market looking items, over the years that I still wear today. Absolutely nothing wrong with the quality at all.

Point is, regardless of the price, one does not expect to be "ripped" off by an outfit like Mr P. I expect better from them and even those you mentioned.

I'm guessing that others are encountering similar experiences to mine with this store and I'm curious to find out.

4. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (26-May-12)

Thanks
    You know, I'll be perfectly honest with you guys. I no longer have an Edgars and Markhams card. I buy all my clothing and shoes from Allan Edwards, Mr Price, Jet, Pep and Ackermans. I have found that most of their clothing are good quality. I don't like winter for many reasons. I hate wearing jackets and jerseys. I choose to buy thin quality jerseys and wear a quality jacket. I needed to buy some winter wear. I first went to the Hub, black malton jacket R400(the cheapest for a jacket like this); I stepped into Edgars for the firts time after some 7 years looking for a thin but quality jersey. R250. I decide to try Pep, I found the same quality thin black jersey there for R80, so I bought 3! I got 3 jerseys for R240..
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Any bets its made in China? Mr Price sports is still ok, but I refuse to buy the cheap sh!# mr P is stocking lately.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Suspended
    Thanks
    i have to agree with vanash...i use to have...edgars...markhams and still have awoolworths card...i have to say even the quality at woolworths is not what it use to be...especially if you buy undies and stuff...the size... you have to go up 3 to fit...where as before an xl was fine (i still weigh the same)...a couple of months and its back to replace because of holes and broken elastics...i have also started shopping around and just buying cheap...at least if you spend R50 on cheapie stuff rathe rthan R150 for something also made in china...at least you can buy 3 sets for the price of one.

Thanks
    Take for instance the price of one formal trousers at Edgars(Between R200 and R350), a similiar version at Jet is R80!So, for R320, you get 3 pairs of trousers! Shoes and takkies, I buy from Allan Edwards. I'm brand loyal to my all stars and levi takkies. I still prefer Crockett and Jones. I've also resorted to buying jeans from hawkers. they far cheaper and I don't really mind supporting them. A dress belt at Edgars is R140. The equivalent at a hawker is R40! I actually made a quality decision to never have a clothing account. Some people I know, both men and women owe up to R25000 on their Edgars card. You see, you can even buy a plane ticket on your Edgars card. I used to be an Aramis man. I can't afford it any longer. I was in luck early last year. The cheap after shave I used in high school Jade East was discontinued. My pharmicist Hassan, however had 30 left. His original price was R40, but he sold all 30 to me for R20 each. Fruit and Vegables: I buy strictly and only from hawkers.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    TRUWORTHS STUDIO BRAND looses colour after two months, you follow the washing intructions but still it looses colour. I do not want to talk about DH and UZZI expensive but poor quality.

Thanks
    I know that Truworths clothing is very expensive. A thin jersey top is R350. Th equivalent at Pep is R80. If the colours actually wash off such expensive clothing then that is worrying! There's a jersey factory of sorts in Lenasia called Picadilli. The quality seems good and the price is right. I managed to buy 3 thick quality jerseys there for Winter for a total price of R270!
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    VERY TRUE I REMEMBER THE LAST TIME THEY HAD A SALE I PURCHASED 4 BLAZERS FOR R760. I WILL GO AGAIN WHEN THE WINTER ENDS, WHEN ITS SALE TIME.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast