Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pastel Form Design

Email problem
    Thanks

Pastel Form Design

Hi all,
    I need help and am not willing to pay Pastel R5k as I am very competent when it comes to the Pastel Partner Accounting package, however I have experienced a problem on my Form Designer after adding a new logo in the top left corner of the Invoice. When I did all the adjustments I saved and when printing an Invoice or Purchase order I have text Lable31 embedded in the address section. I have gone back cleared the entire form setup and redid it, and the text lable31 will not go away. Can anyone tell me how to do this?. It will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    You will probably find that you inadvertently created a text box in the form file and it is overlaid with some other box, thus disguising it.

Would you like me to log on with TeamViewer to help you resolve the problem?
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Hi all. I have a problem with PASTEL. I cant seem to find a way to post a new question, so here goes.Mods please redirect if nessessary.
    When I print a statement/remittance and the information is more than 1 page, some of the printed information is overlapping the bottom total section of the form. I cant seem to find any way to change this?
    Is there a setting somewhere which determines when the second page will start.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly2012 View Post
    When I print a statement/remittance and the information is more than 1 page, some of the printed information is overlapping the bottom total section of the form.
    Hi Beverly, we have experienced this as well but because we don't often go onto the second page, it has not hassled us in the past. So I am looking forward to the experience and knowledge that Neville will bring to this one.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly2012 View Post
    Is there a setting somewhere which determines when the second page will start.

Hi Beverly,

Some adjustments using the Forms Designer utility will solve the problem.

Most likely one or more data fields is not wide enough, causing wrapping of the lines. Often it is the description field that is the culprit.

If you are not familiar with the Forms Designer, let me know and we can arrange a TeamViewer remote session to sort it out.

The first hour with me is on the house, but I would appreciate it if you could fill in your details on my online form on my website.

6. Thanks given for this post:

Mike C (28-May-12)

Thanks
    There are 3 double line entries past the middle text box line, printed over the days outstanding and totals text boxes. There are no entries that fill more than 1 line each. Can this have something to do with the font style or size maybe?

Thanks
    Let's arrange a TeamViewer session, so that I can see for myself what the problem is, and then take it from there.

I can even record the session, and publish the recording here, for the benefit of Mike C and others who might find it useful!

Thanks
    I can even record the session, and publish the recording here, for the benefit of Mike C and others who might find it useful!
    Hi Neville, that would be most interesting, thank you.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Hi

We have Patel Xpress - I want to learn more about Forms Design - the information on Pastel Help or the guide does not have nearly enough information - is there a book or pdf file that can teach you how to do use the Forms Designer probably.

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjlangenegger View Post
    Hi
    We have Patel Xpress - I want to learn more about Forms Design - the information on Pastel Help or the guide does not have nearly enough information - is there a book or pdf file that can teach you how to do use the Forms Designer probably.
    Thanks
    Dear JJ,
    I just started working with Xpress, but I can already tell you, that FORMS DESIGNER is a simple tiny program, not only by size - the exe-file is 1.6mb - , but also by possibilities (experienced users might want to correct me).
    Basically you can say, what you see is what you get; there are no (?) hidden functions. Therefore, there is no need for a book!?
    I suggest learning by doing AND by asking in this forum (as I do ;-).
    Just open one of the existing templates/form files and start fiddling around. IMO important to have the properties window always open (just press F4).
    Also important: In the PROPERTIES window the function FONT MODE SETTING; only when you change that one from MAIN to INDIVIDUAL (by clicking it) can you work with font styles and sizes.
    Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast