Thread: E-books?

Email problem RKS Computer Solutions's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow E-books?

Guys, I'm about to post a free e-book to the marketing folder... Was just wondering if the people involved in this forum would like to have a dedicated place for placing e-books for those who want it?

Dave, I hope it's OK... I got the book for free last night, to do with marketing, even though I haven't finished reading it yet, I feel it could be of help to the marketers around us...

I also have various other ebooks, will post some more in time if everyone agrees that we go ahead with it...

Comments please guys!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That sounds great. I could also open up the appropriate file format and have it uploaded in the links & downloads manager. Something for members only, maybe?

What would the file format be - any special readers required?

Thanks
    Dave, have loads of ebooks in .exe format, though that poses a problem for those not on Windows and for those who are tight on security...

PDF is the main format I reckon, file I'm uploading to marketing is 4MB, so not sure what you want to make of the sizes... (One ebook I have about forex is 18MB, though I doubt whether or not it would have a place on this forum, just giving an example)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'll take a closer look at file size permissions to see if we can make a plan.

PDF format isn't an issue, that's available. But there's a general file size limit I'm going to see if I can navigate around.

Enabling exe file uploads through the manager is out, I'm afraid - way too much of a security risk. For those we'd have to have a link to a file loaded by FTP here, or available for download from another server as you're setting up with this Google Adwords one.

Either way - I'm opening a category for ebooks in the links manager. As the list grows we'll break it into categories.
    Last edited by Dave A; 25-May-07 at 12:14 PM.

Thanks
    Great... And I reckon your idea of putting it in the downloads section is correct... Maybe then just keep an updated list in a sticky somewhere for reference?