Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recruitment Agencies

Thanks

Recruitment Agencies

I find it difficult to trust some of the recruitment agencies advertising positions on the web. My experience lead me to believe that people's personal information is collected and then used for various illegal activities. Has anybody got insight into happenings like this?

2. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (11-May-12)

Thanks
    Some will ask you to fax all your documents to them e.g. your qualifications, employment letters, your recent photo and a detailed cv. When you do your research that agency you find they have no website no landline number.

Suspended
    Thanks
    I suppose there is a possibility that this might happen - My wife has a recruitment agency and I know that she runs it strictly by the book - your details are totally confidential - the only time some of your details are released is when they refer you to a client for an interview ! I must say this is the first time I have heard mention of this happening.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb View Post
    I suppose there is a possibility that this might happen - My wife has a recruitment agency and I know that she runs it strictly by the book - your details are totally confidential - the only time some of your details are released is when they refer you to a client for an interview ! I must say this is the first time I have heard mention of this happening.
    if you dont mind me asking, approx how many percent of a persons wages/salary is taken by the recruitment agency?
    from what i know, some agencies are paid a fee upfront when they find someone for a senior position but with junior positions, they deduct a certain amount from your earnings monthly
    this is deducted before you are paid so people sometimes dont know exactly how much has been taken by the agency.
    A “conspiracy theory” no longer means an event explained by a conspiracy. Instead, it now means any explanation, or even a fact, that is out of step with the government’s explanation and that of its media pimps.

Suspended
    Thanks
    nothing is deducted from the employee - the company pays the recruitment agency a once off percentage of the persons salary.

7. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (11-May-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    the company pays the recruitment agency a once off percentage of the persons salary.
    In my experience, about 10% of the annual salary for a permanent placement (probably negotiable to some extent).

Temps are a slightly different ballgame.

9. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (11-May-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Actually I did mention it before…

Thread: Compiling a Proper CV Post number 8 Date: 24-Feb-12 Time: 08:06

Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Here is my problem with CV's…

As we all know there are active scamming systems out there that will ask you to forward your CV to a free fax number that anyone can setup in a few simple clicks.

So what is on your CV that they can use?

Well in a word "EVERYTHING"

Your CV has a copy of your ID number and all your personal details that can be easily abused for identity theft and they can even use your info to commit fraud.

So are recruitment agencies any better?

Well sadly there are scammers that have the recruitment agency setup and will use it to accumulate CV's' for whatever reason they have in mind. Thus simply handing out your CV is not a good practice.

Yes there are recruitment agencies that will be able to supply you with a list of previous customers that you may contact and authenticate both their success rate and if they are legit. If the agency refuses you any contact info or a list or references start to question their motives. Remember you have no reason to trust anyone with your info.

It is easy for an individual to be bullied into submitting a full CV as your application will be turned down otherwise so keep a record and always check up on the company first. If something happens like you get a phone call and you realise you are the victim of identity theft you can immediately go back to your records and this will help investigations.

So please be careful, don't trust anyone it is really important to keep your info safe.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Well in that case you have to find a recruitment agency that you trust and give them your details, because if you dont or refuse to give them your details, your cv will land up in the bin, because with out a simple id no they cannot refer you, because they cant even do a basic check on you ! It is really your choice - the recruitment agency is also there to help you, and you dont have to use them - you can go it alone which might be more difficult at the end of the day.

12. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (11-May-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well in that case you have to find a recruitment agency that you trust and give them your details, because if you dont or refuse to give them your details, your cv will land up in the bin, because with out a simple id no they cannot refer you, because they cant even do a basic check on you ! It is really your choice - the recruitment agency is also there to help you, and you dont have to use them - you can go it alone which might be more difficult at the end of the day.
    I always wondered about this. Do recruitment Agencies help facilitate job seeking? Or does it make it more difficult? In the old days recruitment Agencies didn’t exist and people where able to find good jobs then? What changed?

Fact is companies became too professional and millions of people are suffering for it. Whatever happened to just go the company hand in your CV to them?

All of us have a right to life but according to today' standards no one has… Everything is paperwork first… Fact is these systems regulate jobs and the access of jobs to the public. Also no one is allowed to make mistakes anymore. In short you live in a perfection that is not humanly sustainable.

I have given up a long time ago now. It doesn’t matter anymore I have what I have if it gets taken I will put of a fight and die honourably… In short you and the generations before you have made it impossible for us to have any kind of life. So life stopped having meaning. Think about that….
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Recruitement/employment agencies have been around for absolute ages. They're just more in demand than before because (thanks to our LRA) you can't take chances when it comes to hiring nowadays.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast