My son and a number of other employees were notified by their employer in the middle of March that the company was retrenching - they followed due process and it was agreed that the final day of work would be the 30th April and that salaries and severance would be paid then as well.
Salaries were paid over on the 30th as promised BUT no severance and leave payouts. Each employee however received a letter addressed to All Creditors stating that the company was going into provisional liquidation. This was a generic letter from Management and not a liquidation notice from the Master of the High Court. In other words, the people that were retrenched will now have to wait for the liquidation process to be finalised to get out a couple of extra bucks. (IF there's anything left of course).
Honestly, this type of thing infuriates me beyond comprehension - I understand companies in financial difficulties and having no other option, but when the Directors of the company are still drawing their over inflated salaries I get seriously mad. Adding insult to injury the company is still trading - not being fully au fait with the liquidation process I am not even sure if they are still legally allowed to trade...
^ reminds why I opted for self employment!

Rant over...