Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jessica Leandra Dos Santos racial tweets

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Jessica Leandra Dos Santos racial tweets

We all know that her Tweets were really inappropriate. The Tweets opened a huge can of worms because she was born in '93 so she did not live in the era where those words were used. The question that the media asks is how come a 20 year old can still use those terms.

Eish, what a silly girl; arrogance and stupidity makes for a dangerous combination but add beauty and a large following then you have really terrible mess. Also a bit tough if your are your own brand and brand ambassidor and you then stick your own pretty little toes in your mouth.

It just goes to show how careful one should be when you use social media. Here is an interesting thing to think about; if one were to add together the letters within the 3 notable comments and then divide that into the financial loss that she is incurring do to those words, those letter are going to be damned expensive.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i didnt even now who they were talking about...good or bad media...everyone knows who she is now.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Twitter is the most direct route from an empty head to the entire internet.

4. Thank given for this post:

Blurock (05-May-12), Dave A (06-May-12)

Thanks
    Jessica’s use of that derogatory racist slur is not the first from a celebrity nor will it be the last. It’s simply a matter of her been exposed for it. Many racial slurs and remarks go unreported because they don’t stem from celebrities. Darren Scott used the same derogatory racist slur towards of one of his colleagues. I’m aware that popular opinion will never be with me when I say that I believe in second chances especially where someone sincerely apologizes. I also endorse forgiveness. That is the true spirit of ongoing reconciliation. You accept you were wrong, you come forward and apologize and you move on. This naturally does not negate what you’ve done. I’m sure that the FHM will take disciplinary action against her if they haven’t already done so. The following comments are noteworthy:
    “In reality however nothing could be any further from the truth. While people many follow or befriend you, they are not your friends or followers – except maybe for occasionally checking on your profile. Having 5000 friends or followers that you know, at least in the ‘real world’, is physically impossible.
    Also, the belief that one has so many friends fuels narcissistic and attention-seeking behaviour in some – leading to updates and tweets about food instead of eating, happiness instead of actually enjoying one’s happiness – traits consistent with individuals that ordinarily have a low self-esteem.
    Individuals that have a great following or a good number of friends tend to confuse those that follow them as being their actual friends. As a result, private transcripts; dialogue that cannot be publically avowed, becomes public.
    A simple dynamic, but too few people realise this, perhaps as in the case of Leandra do Santos, who may in her private space utter racially insensitive comments. What she fails to realise is that by writing on twitter – in fact by having joined twitter – her hidden transcript becomes public, and as such, should adjust accordingly. Failing to do so exposes her to a possible public berating, legal action for defamation of character or her own personal safety.”
    I also note that she did apologize
    “I tweeted rather irresponsibly about an incident I encountered last night, using a harsh and unkind word about the gentleman who had confronted me with sexual remarks and sounds,"
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thank goodness for Google. I had no idea who this chick was before.

Is "chick" a derogatory term BTW?

The whole "it's ok in private but not in public" line is a crock. If that's the way you think, sooner or later it will emerge.

Another question that popped in my head - When it comes to racial predjudice, what's the difference between Leandra and Juju?

OK - quite a lot I guess just looking at them. But I'm talking about the racist trash they carry around in their head.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i just laugh at these insults...being a contractor and working in an enviroment where there are many people of different races...people of the same race call each other these names...i am not goana write them but you know what i am saying...be it black white or indian we all have names for the other races and calling them by these names doesnt always mean you are being nasty...but sometimes out of pure frustration use the name just to actually get a reaction...and boy does it work.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post

Is "chick" a derogatory term BTW?

Another question that popped in my head - When it comes to racial predjudice, what's the difference between Leandra and Juju?

OK - quite a lot I guess just looking at them. But I'm talking about the racist trash they carry around in their head.
    Sexy chick is exactly right! Nothing derogatory there. In principle there's no difference between Jessica and Juju. A measurable difference is the degree of the unacceptable outbursts of racial slurs and hate speec. Juju get's the prize there. He was a repeat offender for inciting violence, racial slurs and hate speech. I do however think that our South African people are generally the forgiving type. I base This on Hanse Cronje and Carl Niehaus. amid several recent allegations that he still hasn't paid his debts many people are willing to forgive him and let him start his life again...
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The big question is howcome a 20 year old has such racist attitudes. She must have learned it somewhere, from her parents, peers?
    Another thing is howcome she thinks that all 2500 people who follow her on twitter are white.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    What I notice is that if a white person says something that is racist, everyone is against them, however, if a black person says something racist, then ja well its OK. How many times did JuJu make racists remarks, before something was done about it?
    Scot and Leandra say it once, and the consensus is that they should be hung to dry in a public place. I think that we are being selective in applying the law.

There have been a number of occasions that racist remarks were used in a well known fitness franchise, interestingly the ones that made the headlines were the ones uttered by white folks. Is the media looking for specific instances in order to arouse interest in their newspapers, or is it that the minority groups may not understand the racist remarks said in the other languages except for English or Afrikaans, or that it really is not a big issue to get riffled over?.

One wanders.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Go figure! I don't know, this whole concept of a group of people following you on Twitter is quite daunting. I don't know that I personally will ever want anyone to be following me on any social network. I'm not disparaging twitter and facebook. It’s common cause that facebook has more than 6,5 million members and growing every minute, it’s common cause that Facebook played an integral role in the Arab uprising by bringing pictures and video footage of violent crack down and gross human rights violations where otherwise such footage would never have been available simply because those regimes were not allowing reporters in those areas. I know that every interest group including political parties, universities, corporate companies, celebrities and everyone else has a facebook page.Personally, TFSA is my first social network encounter and I actually don’t want to be a member of any other social network…
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast