Thread: quoted prices

Suspended
    Thanks

quoted prices

i shop around for prices on a sp6000k circular saw...cheapest price R3700 + vat...wait for the email to comfirm the price,...then i order it through one of my supplies...1 month later i get the invoice...R4500 + vat...when i confront the supplier about the price...i am told by the supplier that the rutherfords sales person made a mistake...so i was just invoiced the correct price and must pay it when i pay my account.

i go to builder warehouse and find a bosch sanding machine for a good price R780 advertised on special with a big sign...get to the till and the till rings up R1200 for the item...so i ask...what now...sorry the sign was in the wrong place...somebody must have moved it...not my problem...so the manager is called and they gave it to me at cost + vat R900...i wanted the machine so i pay and leave.

then this week...i do some enquiries for a bosch 400watt sander...cheapest price BMG R2100...so i give the saleman the go ahead and told that it is overnight delivery...a day later he tells me that the sales person at bosch made a mistake and i must now pay R2800 for the same machine...so i refuse and insist i want the machine at the same price...the rep from BMG tells me he will make a plan and get it to me...today i go to BMG to collect the machine...and then the fun starts...anyway they try unload some other sanding machines which i insist i dont want because of the AVE...125 and 150 sanding disc attachements etc etc...anyway i tell them to collect and i will pay the additional cost...because i need the machine this weekend to do a job...so they contact bosch and yes...they dont have stock so now i have to pay an addtional R500 and they cant supply the machine until monday.

between hilti who have one of the best quality machines and backup services...when it comes to breaking walls and concrete but unfortunetly who have the the worst reps in the constructiion industry and even with their new PDA system which gets the rep to call you every 3 weeks but you never get to see them unless you are a huge customer...i suppose i have only spent around R50 000 on their products so i am a small fry not worth bothering about.

makita who cannot stand by their warrenties on faulty machines and deny that it is a warranty claim rahter turn around and tell you that your staff must have damaged the machine...sales people who give incorrect prices to suplliers.

and now bosch who also cannot supply correctly priced goods...some will say that their products are right up there with metabo and makita...well maybe the new chinese makita...but metabo i think they still have a way to go.

i am just getting a little frustrated with people pricing...i am sur ethe CPA covers these issues...especially the ones where i have an email to confirm the price.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    i am sur ethe CPA covers these issues...
    It does. You just have to incur the schlep of submitting the matter to them - with all the supporting evidence.

Suspended
    Thanks
    dave unfortunately and i am sure the companies know this...my labour cost per hour is more than the loss.

i just need to be a little more careful in future...and make the sales people work for their money...and make sure the invoice is printed straight away.

Suspended
    Thanks
    deteted due to incorrect info