Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for South-African Mobile Campaigns

Thanks
    Divan,
    In an effort for me to really understand what it is that you are offering, I again ask you the following please?
    For the sake of brevity could you please be so kind as to explain: what service do you offer? How much does your service cost? Who is your target market? If a small business approaches you for your service what is it very specifically that you are selling? Can you post a practical example of how the finished product looks? Can you post any pictures etc...
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Ok then, please explain in laymans terms what it is you sell and to whom without using any jargon.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    But seriously, I have no time for you. Like I said, go look at what I do and do yourself a favor, before you come with your narrow minded posts about "gobbledygook"... ask or search the terms because you are making a fool of yourself, and you are not doing so by being uneducated but you are doing so by being a bombastic and clearly very insecure individual. IT's your "bad" for the way you approached me, I am too long in the tooth to be bothered with this nonsense.

I am here for serious business, not to stroke your ego... or take your bombastic remarks.
    And this is how you treat your possible clients - wow, well done, I am sure that anybody planning to use your services would love to read this.

I ain't giving nothing a rest until you explain to us in laymans terms without using jargon what it is that you are trying to sell.

Thanks
    Hi Divan,

If you find any mobile campaigns for Saffers that convert well, please let me know as well! I have a mobile site that gets a decent chunk of traffic every day that I used to monetise quite nicely with AdSense but they've since banned that site and finding something else to monetise it with has been a VERY fruitless exercise. My requests to www.offerforge.com to help have resulted in nothing as well. It seems there aren't that many mobile campaigns in SA that can easily be chucked on a mobile site.

As for the education bit...

Monetise: To make money from. If you have a website on gardening, and you stick ads on it, it could be said that you are monetising your website with ads. There are many ways to monetise things and many things you can be said to monetise. You can monetise an email list by sending them affiliate offers, you can monetise website traffic by showing those website visitors ads, you can monetise your garden by sticking an ad in it.

Campaign: An effort to promote something. Like an ad campaign offline.

High-converting: It "converts" at a high rate. Converts what? Almost anything. You can convert website visitors into email subscribers, email subscribers into leads, leads into meetings, meetings into sales. All "high-converting" means is that, as mentioned already in this thread, that the ad (or system) works well.

So, essentially, in Divan's original post, he's saying he has a mobile property (most likely a mobile website) that he can send your MOBILE promotion to and make some money for you (sales) and him (commissions). This is all very common in offline business as well as online. Online just uses a lot of different terminology that, if you're an internet marketer, like Divan and I are, you should get to grips with.

(If you're happy making your money offline, then no, you don't need to know this stuff but I still feel it would help as online advertising that leads to offline sales is quite affordable and usually rather effective when compared to offline advertising. This is also getting truer and truer by the month as more and more SA people get on the 'net.)

I'm quite happy to answer other questions as I think this sort of knowledge SHOULD become common-knowledge for the people on this forum (and anyone who runs a business who is comfortable with computers) as it has the POTENTIAL to make or save you money in marketing.
    Norio De Sousa - Just1.co.za (Cheap web hosting & website builder)
    Maxiware CC Reg no. 2000/048244/23 (Maxiware CC)

5. Thank given for this post:

Citizen X (07-May-12), Mike C (07-May-12), Petrichor (07-May-12)

Email problem
    Thanks
    In regards to this particular post....

I offer mobile marketing. I have a database (list) of South-African consumers (growing day by day) which we market your services and products to on a cost per performance basis. Meaning, unless I drive legit sales/leads to your business I will not charge you for it. Our users (consumers) are profiled, and we are able to target your preferred demographic audience, meaning your services are advertised to the right people and provide you with NEW customers. Upon delivering a sale or a lead (conversion takes place) meaning you then pay - cost of each sale is determined by you the client (be it viable and offering a return on my investment we would agree on a % of a sale or set cost of a lead)

If your business already makes use of mobile marketing, we simply take creative assets from your current campaign and market it to our list of consumers. If you do not have a running mobile campaign, we sit down with you, establish your objectives and formulate a campaign based on your needs, be it sales or simple lead generation.

You may also have a database of consumers who are opted in for further advertising but you do not have technology or resources to market to those users (customers) you may have captured. In this case, we offer a retention campaign by re-targeting past customers in coming back to your services or products. This service is offered on a 50/50 revenue split. The reason for this is to 1. We are making money for you from your old data and current data. 2. We carry the cost of sending (SMS/Email)

Please note that mobile marketing is referring to SMS/TXT Marketing, Display Advertising and "In-app" Advertising on mobile handsets.

To explain "In-App" advertising - users of smartphone i.e Iphone/BlackBerry/Android etc... will be using certain applications - we are able to market services and products related to whatever the application may offer the user. To a degree contextual but much more targeted to each user.

Other services I offer include.

Email marketing (Both as an affiliate and list manager)
    Affiliate management & development (SEO,PPC, E-mail, Display And Contextual Affiliates )
    Daily Deal Management (Group Buying i.e. Groupon)
    Campaign building, management and optimization of online campaigns.

If you PM me your email address, I would be more than happy to send you further details on services you may require or any other details you may want to look at i.e creative and examples of advert display for email/mobile and other mediums.

Thanks
    Good Afternoon Norri, Many thanks indeed, I now actually understand what this is about! I'm definately going to 'get to grips with it.' My predicament as such is simply this, the last time I used Pastel, excel and powerpoint was in 2005! I'm also not technically predisposed but do hold you guys in high regard. Yes, if a concept like this can realyy help you in rands and cents, then why not?
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Divan, I now understand fully what service it is that you offer. Thank you!
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Email problem
    Thanks
    Norri, thank you for that post... perhaps I am approaching this with too little patience and more exception from the online community of South-Africa to which I will have to adjust and share my own knowledge.

So you know, as I come across clients with mobile campaigns I would be more than happy to share and connect you directly with the client.

Quote Originally Posted by Norri View Post
    So, essentially, in Divan's original post, he's saying he has a mobile property (most likely a mobile website) that he can send your MOBILE promotion to and make some money for you (sales) and him (commissions). This is all very common in offline business as well as online. Online just uses a lot of different terminology that, if you're an internet marketer, like Divan and I are, you should get to grips with.
    Just to clarify this for you guys... we do have mobile properties indeed but currently not in SA. Our users (consumers) are are simply prompted with either a SMS with a call to action (either a link to follow to the clients website or a number to call) or display ads on mobile sites and "In-Application" advertising directing users to the clients serives or products. If the client does not have a mobile site we are able to provide transformation at a cost.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Are In-Application ads those ads those are streamed into free Android apps?

Thanks
    Divan, it's live and let live, not 'live and let die!' I've said before, there are genuinely good and bona fide people on TFSA, they just don't want to be taken for a ride, conned or scammed. If you do have a bona fide service to offer, then there's no reason why you should not succeed. I wish you and your business every success...
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast