Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Racial groups!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    or is it?

Is it not also true that there are many minorities that cannot afford land?
    The question is 'Why do they want the farmers land and not vacant land?'

Adrianh has answered that question.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well it is not a race thing. I spend a day in Botswana speaking to the people there and they themselves said that there are elements that is designed to promote fear, hate and to promote murder and violence.

The man I spoke to a "business man" said he likes to do business with South African minorities. He said that there was bad apples but in general he welcomes minorities because he thinks that working side by side that Africa can grow. I tend to agree with him.

But as seen in the above statements that was found in the media it is a shining example to promote everything that is bad. We don’t need it and I wish government and the people will realise this. This is not about existing farms. Why isn't there new developments? Why can't both the majority and the minority go and ask for "NEW" farm land and develop it with some aid?

Again a very important question?
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    "The more things change, the more they stay the same."
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Be grateful that the former Apartheid government did not unleash its military might on South Africans!
    This should be a no brainer! BUT why people don’t realise this or show some gratitude is beyond me! Look at Syria! If the former Apartheid government as atrocious as they were, unleased the military on us, then most of our homes and infrastructure would have by necessity been destroyed! Insurance doesn’t cover acts of war or civil war! Apartheid can never be justified, that’s not what I’m doing here, I merely directing your attention to the fact that the government of the day let go of power peacefully and modestly when, based on what we see in Syria, they didn’t have to do
    1. At the end of an epic battle, the White minority of Sa took the moral high ground, they done this in a gentlemanly manner without property, and infrastructure being destroyed;2. You take a good look at Syria, the regime, is defiant even as at today’s date; in this defiance, citizens homes, businesses, schools and roads are being destroyed! Peple are displaced and live are lost;
    3. Now in stark contrast, the Apartheid regime done the right thing by not being indifferent to a Constitutional democracy!
    4. I see a situation where reverse racism is taking place, and for the lack of a better term or words punishment or retribution against the White minority and this is wrong
    5. Affirmative action: I acknowledge that it’s necessary to redress past unfairness’s But, all members of the White community born after 1994 should be excluded from this policy of differentiation as they are products of the new South Africa and cannot answer for what their grandparents done or didn’t do;
    6. Yes, the apartheid government was unjust and did deny us our basic human rights but they also let go of power in a gentlemanly fashion without destroying houses, businesses, displacing families etc…
    So, in my layman’s opinion, I think Sa needs to relook the events that led up to our democracy and also concede that we had a peaceful transition, at the very least I'm grateful for what the Apartheid gov did not do as opposed to what they done! The past is just that, the past, yes, there’s reasonable pain from atrocities, there’s valid arguments for redressing past unfairness which doing on a daily basis, look at what happened in Libiya, no peaceful transition and a trail of destroyed homes, businesses and infrastructure.
    I remain for humanitarian causes, there's no race card behind any human being ungoing oppression and uncertainty, how can you really have true peace of mind with comments such as :-"Johannesburg - South Africa is an Irish-coffee society, African National Congress secretary general Gwede Mantashe said on Wednesday.
    “The black is at the bottom and white on top with a sprinkling of chocolate,” Mantashe said in Newtown, Johannesburg. ssed..We hear our leaders say reckless things such as South Africa is like Irish coffee..the connotation clear...In true nation building leaders don't talk like this, it leaves uncertainty of what you trying to say..the political line apparently is 'working together we can do more!"
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The reality is that white people have voted in a referendum to allow other races an equal opportunity and transition of government. The majority of those white people were not ANC followers, but belonged to the different parties, including the Nationalist party at the time. It was our choice, because that was the right thing to do, not because of political ideology (idiocy?).

The reality is that we have lived apart for so long and have had little knowledge of how the other half lived. We have become insensitive and took things for granted. Our leaders have lied to us (on both sides). They have mislead us into believing that the "other side" is a threat. The reality is that we are all South Africans. Unfortunately there are still people (black and white) fuelling this fire for their own stupid and selfish objectives.

While politicians are stoking the fire, people on the ground are getting along fine and are doing business and sharing resources. The people of South Africa are great. The politicians are the problem, and that includes every one of them.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

6. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (12-Oct-12)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    While politicians are stoking the fire, people on the ground are getting along fine and are doing business and sharing resources. The people of South Africa are great. The politicians are the problem, and that includes every one of them.
    A very good morning to you Blurock! I agree, People on the ground are getting along fine, I see, allbeit from a seubjective perspective that the vast majority of South Africans simply want to get on with their lives and live, work and study together. Nation Building can never rightfully said to include inuendo about this race or that race. Our leaders should promote Ubuntu!
    Click here
    sabbaticus

8. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (12-Oct-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I see nothing wrong with this picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graduation-day.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	2932

The Class of 2012 (and with them our future) is looking good

Provided the current crop of colour sensitive politicians do not infect them with their predjudice.

10. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (22-Oct-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I see nothing wrong with this picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graduation-day.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	2932

The Class of 2012 (and with them our future) is looking good

Provided the current crop of colour sensitive politicians do not infect them with their predjudice.
    This looks more like Tutu and Mandela's Rainbow Nation. Time for the people to take South Africa back from the politicians.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    A very good morning to you Blurock! I couldn't agree more! South Africa is for all South Africans regardless of their race, religion, gender etc. A humanitarian can never have race in mind, if a man is hungry, you don't cross examine him as to his race or religion befor you give him something to eat, you simply help him!
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    This looks more like Tutu and Mandela's Rainbow Nation. Time for the people to take South Africa back from the politicians.
    Rainbow nation is just a pipe dream. It doesn't work ANYWHERE in the world. How is it supposed to work in a third world country if it doesn't even work in the first world countries?

I just can't help being racist in this country and no..it's not because my parents told me to hate. It is because we are being murdered every single day.

This country can go to hell. Every day I get a little more gatvol to see another farm murder / attack. With other words every day I get a little more racist.

It is just a matter of time before civil war starts. The only question is when?

But keep dreaming about a rainbow nation that never existed and never will. If it'll make you feel better..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast