Thread: Remission of sentence for prisoners wtf

Silver Member
    Thanks

Angry Remission of sentence for prisoners wtf

http://mg.co.za/article/2012-04-28-r...criminals-free

Just looked at this article, it looks like the poor criminals don't have much space to stay, I think JZ is such a good man to let so many convicted criminals out again so they can be free to commit more crime and at the same time give the ones remaining in jail a more spacious environment, it clearly is a win win situation
    In other countries the prisoners work which is good for the economy because they produce goods and don't get paid for it, is SA thou the poor unlucky prisoners watch tv, play card games, board games, sports and so on while they get fed by the tax payer. It is a disgrace, but lets be honest crime is a huge business for this country for security companies, politicians, criminals, government, the economy, just think about the whole process of simply getting an item stolen for example and then look at the amounts contributing to GDP at the end of the year, this business is worth billions of rand and we end up paying for it and we end up with the consequences of crime, while our politicians and criminals are protected.
    ---There is no traffic at the extra mile---

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I wonder what would happen to this country if the entire population were to live by the morals and values of our leaders...each man would have 6 wives and 22 children, we could accept bribes and the person giving the bribe would go to a holiday resort with a nice golf club. We would all buy big cars and houses and go on holidays with tax money, our kids would go to private schools and we would go to private hospitals. We would drive at the speed of sound with our blue light brigade and shoot the crap out of anybody that dared stop at a traffic light in our path (or just drive over him and his motorbike). We would also charter planes because we don't want foreign airport security to look in our handbags. When we fly to the US we would sommer take 3 planes just in case one gets a flat tyre on the way. Although this is all very funny, the sad part is that it is all true...and we are supposed to take this lot seriously...I'll tell you this much, as soon as I've made enough money to take my family and get on a plane I'm gone. I don't give a toss about the whole menagerie, I am tired of having to have my kids grow up in a Bananna Republic. Now please don't give a lecure about duty and making it better and taking responsibility and all that jazz, you wanna serve a regime where the court clown sits on the throne, be my guest.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If they do the remission as advertised, probably the best way to go under the circumstances.

Quite a big IF though - the gap between government propoganda and what actually happens on the ground has been pretty big of late.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I wonder what would happen to this country if the entire population were to live by the morals and values of our leaders...each man would have 6 wives and 22 children,
    There's be no ladies for any one to marry

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    22 children between 6 wives gives you 3.7 children per wife. I wonder if the guy made each of the 6 x 0.7 children on a Monday morning with a babbelas?

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Not sure if any of you watched the news but after a month of releasing 38 000 prisoners 47 of them have already been rearested for new offences they commited after their release. One was arrested for murder, one for attemted murder, one for rape and the rest for various other crimes. Despite those facts the minister of correctional services said everything was fine and this program was a success. A success for who I wonder and how many more commited crimes already that haven't been caught yet? Government is absolutely useless, they go forth and back without any progress except wasting tax payers money.
    ---There is no traffic at the extra mile---

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickolai Naydenov View Post
    after a month of releasing 38 000 prisoners 47 of them have already been rearested for new offences they commited after their release.
    About 1 in 800

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.