Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The secrecy Act

Thanks

The secrecy Act

Okay let’s create a fictitious scenario here. We know that South Africa doesn’t have nuclear weapons, let’s assume for a moment that we have 10 inter ballistic nuclear weapon sites in place x.
    When the secrecy bill commences, I willing to bet money, you will be able to go on any forum, including live tv and discuss where these nuclear sites are. In fact the relevant minister will even join in your forum discussion giving tips on how to create your own nuclear weapon BUT, the moment any South African mentions the following in one sentence,” Minister, Tender, Corruption, an entire heavily armed task force including but not limited to tanks, helicopters will converge on your home in minutes of the comment and detain you without trial!!!!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

2. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (28-Apr-12)

Thanks
    Unforseen Consequence....

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer

Thanks
    I like watching Carte Blanche, as much as watching it, it’s content has really been making me sick to the stomach! The expose on Mdluli the crime intelligence boss is particularly worrying. It’s common sense that to be a covert intelligence operative you must have some form of military, police, detective knowledge and training. We have a situation where the’slush fund’ is classified.It’s so classified that according to Carte Blanche, several of Mduli’s family members aunties, uncles, cousins and who know who else are secret agents. I’m sure they get at least R30 000 per month for playing 007! In this case, the Government should allow an enquire of the distribution of that fund by 4 retired judges on the proviso that such judges cannot reveal unnecessary details of the distribution of that fund but can reveal any corruption and nepotism. The persons implicated should be charged criminally.
    South Africa is not in a state of war. We live peaceably with our African neighbours. The arms deal scandal has revealed to the world what weapons we have and what weapons we don’t have. The vast majority of South Africans are not fools! We know that the real intention of the secrecy bill is to hide corruption and in particular money related corruption and racketeering.
    It does not matter what race, religion or political opinions you have but the vast majority of South Africans are not fools and can clearly see what is happening and who is getting enriched in the process. South Africans of any race or religion don’t except a situation where a public servant hires his whole family with no interview and no difficulty, yet you need to apply for that post from the workplace. You qualified and yet your interviewer already knows that he is going to put his aunty in that job. There are many Mk veterans who are more than qualified to hold crime intelligence secret agent positions.
    I was a die hard ANC supporter(not member, I don’t hold membership to any political party). I will never vote for the ANC ever again. All South Africans have seen the corruption, nepotism, maladministration and pathetic service delivery over these past few years. For me the tipping point was not even corruption(even though I stand against corruption), the tipping point for me was the crime boss hiring his entire family to hold secret agent positions…007 watch your back, the Mduli family are on the job!!!
    I truly hope that COSATU's words that the Sanral structures will become a white elephant will materialize, then we can use it for christmas lights and decorations in December!
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    You know I’m almost willing to say, that in spite of the nepotism of the crime intelligence boss i.e. recruiting many of his family members as covert operatives, if he can show the South African public that his recruited family members managed to crack some major criminal case, bring to justice a drug kingpin, bring to justice a child trafficking ring, bring to justice a car hijacking syndicate or such other criminal operation then one could still understand. Now, Carte Blanche didn’t really specify the full and further particulars of his family members that he recruited and paid with a classified fund, they could be his aunties, his in laws, his cozens etc. I suspect though that his family members didn’t crack open some major criminal network but any received a huge salary every month for doing absolutely nothing!!!
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Vanish, I believe the employed family are going to play a roll in Mdlule's demise.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

7. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (29-Apr-12)

Thanks
    The current status of the matter is as follows: The NPA declines to prosecute at the instance of the State on that previous murder charge. He is fully reinstated at work in his official capacity as crime intelligence boss. It's common cause that he hired many of his family members. This fact alon should be valid reason not only to dismiss him but also to criminally charge him.Look at it from this perspective: You a manager in a corporate company, you ignore all rules, regulations, policy and procedure with regards to recruitment and selection. You recruit several of your own family members. Okay, no one notices for a while, but when the facts emerge does that corporate company simply accept this serious transgression? No, they issue notification of disciplinary enquire. The appropriate sanction would be dismissal..
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I once heard the argument that it is good to appoint the ex crime bosses to snr police structures as they know who to catch and how to catch them. Would that not just be getting rid of your criminal opposition so that you can rule the turf without problems....?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    It sure would! Our unique South African scenario should be "daily sun' material. The crime intelligence boss was implicated in murdering his ex lovers spouse. One police commisioner is serving a 15 year sentence another is suspende. "Dis lekker in Suid Afrika, cause Toronto is too blady far!"
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    With so many skeletons in the closet, I'm sure an intelligence boss has an endless supply of insurance for his own indiscretions.

Thanks
    100% exactly right Dave, nail on the head!Indeed he does. The textbook example of history is J Edgar Hoover, the FBI boss, he had a dirty file on everyone. His used the States intelligence gathering tools, techniques, resources to build a 'dirty file' on everyone for just that purpose..
    "The FBI director kept famous files on everything from Martin Luther King’s sex life to never-before-reported secret meetings between RFK and Marilyn Monroe, as a new book reveals. An exclusive excerpt from Ronald Kessler’s 'The Secrets of the FBI."
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.