Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: smash and grab

Suspended
    Thanks

smash and grab

i had the unfortunate pleasure of watching...as a vehicle was broken into and contents stolen from a vehicle...not my own.

i watched as the person walked past the vehicle break the window and remove a bag from the back seat...

firstly a person who leaves stuff on the back seat or anywhere in open sight in a vehicle for the crimminals is inviting this type of incident...how many times do you have to tell people not to leave stuff on the front or back seat.

from experience i have learnt not to get involved...for a couple of reasons but the main reason..if you have ever been to court as a witness you will understand why...as i told the procecutor after being arrested for not appearing in court after enduring a 2 year court case i decided...after wasting many hours sitting in court waiting for the case to be postponed again and again... not to waste any more of my time...which ended up being thrown out of court anyway.

as the thief walked past my window after stealing the bag...i couldnt believe how relaxed he was about the whole thing...done like a pro...without a worry in the world...a women ran up to my vehicle and started shouting at me because i just watched as the thief walked by...i just laughed her off...i did however followed the thief and waited until he got to a secluded area where there were no witnesses...and retrieved the bag...he just walked up to me and gave it to me and i returned it to the owner.

the reason i wrote this thread was because of what i saw after the incident...the broken window...i expected to see glass on the floor...on the back seat and everywhere else...but instead...found the window in one piece...held together by the protective layer on the glass...ie smash and grab or window tinting...the window was hit in such a way that the window broke 3 quarters of the way down and was hanging inside the vehicle...now i can understand why it was done so quietly...thats scary...people think putting these protective layer on the glass will stop the thieves from breaking the window....instead it keeps the window in tact and makes it easier for the thief to just knock the window into the vehicle without even making a mess.

Humen town,Dongguan city,Guangdong, China
    Thanks
    that's really horrible.
    I had watched a thief stolen someone's wallet when i was a student.
    one day, i was in the bus. a sleeping man sit in front of me. a thief sit by the man's side, the thief break man's pocket,find out the wallet. at this time ,i was so scared.The thief saw nothing in his eyes but wallet. His was really audacious.
    i got off the bus soon. i could not see any one about it. i was afraid he will hurt me.
    Fortunately, the public security get much better nowadays.
    http://yihaolamp.com
    professional in indoor lamps manufacture

Silver Member
    Thanks
    With all due respect Murdock but if you said that you were scared to aproach the suspect I would understand but you were worried about court and crap like that? Yes she made a mistake by putting her bag on the front seat however everyone makes mistakes, but what you did is laugh at her and wriote a post to show us how stupid she is?

Just by the way, I'm a police reservist, I have been doing this for the past six and a half years doing my best to prevent crime, I have wasted lots of time in court not getting paid for it and not earning money as well and many times the justice system has unfortunately failed me but I don't give up. In 2010 me and my crew arrested an ANC MP and all of a sudden we were the suspects, besides the ICD investigation, full blown court case and civil case against us we still fight crime, after all the crap we went through I'm still there helping the community.

Have you heard the saying: Be the change you want to see in the world? Well that just proves what change you want, so I hope you never going to complain about crime and the mistakes you made. Good luck
    ---There is no traffic at the extra mile---

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @Nickolai

1. I think you missed the point that murdock was trying to make.
    2. He did retrieve the bag.
    3. Let me just make sure, I am a bit doff but bear with me; so, you stick your head in a petty crime, if you are lucky you don't get your head blown off, then you go back and to court year after year, then the guy may or may not find out who you are and petrol bomb your house, then he goes to jail, then, the cherry on the cake; the %$@£&%$# chief gives him a discount, he doesn't have to pass go, he can sommer get out for free....and then you say that we must get involved...f...that...
    4. I will continue to complain about crime every single day just as I will continue to complain about medical care, education and all sorts of other things that the goverment is responsible for. I am not a doctor, teacher or policeman - they choose their jobs and they should just get on with it. The goverment must get on with their responsibilities and stop expecting the man in the street to do it for them. You can attack my views, I don't give a ....., I have my responsibilities and the goverment has its responsibilities, I pay tax, vat, and whatever other ways the government chooses to suck blood from my stone.
    5. Be the change you want to see in the world...come on, should I go and blow Uncle Bob's head off, go and give the Isreali's and American's a snot klap, go tell the Syrian army to stop killing its own civilians...you see my point, but you expect me to get my head blown off by some handbag grabber...you wanna run around doing so then knock yourself out, but I will not get myself killed doing the work that the goverment is totally incapable of doing.
    6. As an aside, the phrase 'laugh her off' is not the same as 'laugh at her'. The phrase means 'not to take it to heart' or 'not to get wound up about it.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Well Adrian you complain about things but you do nothing about them, if everyone thinks this way we would be in a completely different situation right now! For a change to happen, action needs to take place!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Ok, so lets see, if my brain surgeon is k_k then should I take up brain surgery, if my mechanic is k_k then should I become a mechanic, if my dentist is k_k then should I become a dentist....get my point. The people in those professions choose their vocation and they are responsible for doing a good job. The government chooses to look after the people and it should do so. I will not do the goverments work for it and I will continue to complain, day after day, hour after hour and minute after minute because I do not get value for money.

BTW: When you go to the Spur and the food is crap do you complain or do you get up and cook the food yourself...come come, we pay the government for a service and its high time they provide the damn service....

Yes we would be in a completely different situation, all the people that stuck their necks into petty crime would be dead and the criminals would be free.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickolai Naydenov View Post
    With all due respect Murdock but if you said that you were scared to aproach the suspect I would understand but you were worried about court and crap like that? Yes she made a mistake by putting her bag on the front seat however everyone makes mistakes, but what you did is laugh at her and wriote a post to show us how stupid she is?

Just by the way, I'm a police reservist, I have been doing this for the past six and a half years doing my best to prevent crime, I have wasted lots of time in court not getting paid for it and not earning money as well and many times the justice system has unfortunately failed me but I don't give up. In 2010 me and my crew arrested an ANC MP and all of a sudden we were the suspects, besides the ICD investigation, full blown court case and civil case against us we still fight crime, after all the crap we went through I'm still there helping the community.

Have you heard the saying: Be the change you want to see in the world? Well that just proves what change you want, so I hope you never going to complain about crime and the mistakes you made. Good luck
    unfortunately after my last incident...i will not be returning to stand as a witness in any court cases...not if i can help it.

i am happy for you...if you have so much free time on your hands.

by the way the women who came to my vehicle wasnt the owner of the vehicle.

i wouldnt regard leaving a bag on the seat of a vehicle a mistake...considering all the tv footage...news reports...warnings about...etc ...etc...etc.

crime in this country...when the police are requesting private companies look after the police station and there is an advert on the tele requesting people "dont kill our policeman and women"...need i say more...if the police cant even look after themselves...who is gona look after the citizens of this country...we cant all afford private body guards and blue light brigades.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Murdock, tell us how you convinced the guy to give you the handbag. Some "gentle persuasion"?

It does take guts to confront someone in this way and I thank you for that.

Point that we missed here is how we much can rely on false security such as smash & grab foil.
    Remember that as a witness, you may arrange with the prosecutor to call you about an hour before your testimony is to be heard so that you do not have to waste all that time in court.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    Remember that as a witness, you may arrange with the prosecutor to call you about an hour before your testimony is to be heard so that you do not have to waste all that time in court.
    I had to go to the court over my damn Wendyhouse. We inadvertently went to the criminal court. They are so disorganized you are lucky to see the magistrate at all. It eventually became apparent that the magistrate was not there so after a bit of stuffing about everybody got moved to another court....to stand in line with all the other cases destined for that court. Then we went to the correct court for the Wendyhouse story to wait in line to see the prosecutor. He also though the case was a load of rubbish. Anyhow, back to wait to go to court. A couple of hours later we see the magistrate and she tells us that the city planner can't come in so we must come back next month. (This took the entire day)

I'll give you a whole crate of beer if you can get the prosecutor to tell what time your case will be heard let alone what time you'll be seen.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    So Adrian then what is the point of your existence, is it go home - work - go home - work... I mean dont you think that there are other people out there as well? Country is made of all the people in it and when you get many selfish people obviously the country will be crap, when you dont do anything about it why do you expect others to do it??? Im sorry to say that but you clearly cant see further than your own self and that is sad i think.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.