Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cost of living

Thanks
    The SABC showed an etoll office with a LONG queue, as people are now "supporting" it.

The Newspaper showed an empty office, with a bored employee looking into the distance.

Take your pick.

Suspended
    Thanks
    And today I believe that it now has to go to court ............. fantastic ............... that is what happens if we all stick together and object as a whole !!!!

Humen town,Dongguan city,Guangdong, China
    Thanks
    The inflation rate and price rising level last year and this year both reached the top of recent years.
    http://yihaolamp.com
    professional in indoor lamps manufacture

Thanks
    Kevin's comments definately have merit! I too have my qualms about these figures.
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well SABC is propped up by the government, hence the pictures of the so called support. Damn photo shop is getting better
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    With regards to the cost of living...it is absolutely amazing on how little one can really get by. People are so comfortable in their ridiculous lifestyles that they complain when the price of bread goes up when they just drove their BMW 323 to the cafe from their R1,7million house. The average middle class doesn't know squat about the real cost of living. You will learn about the cost of living when you and your wife get retrenched and you no longer have savings, you have to choose between paying school fees or having the water cut off.

@murdock - we are on the exact same page when it comes to whites, begging and a willingness to 'n boer maak n plan' to stay alive. I have very little regard for people who expect others to improve their lot without them doing anything themselves. Nothing stops the beggar from making art, selling newspapers or asking to be taught. I speak to the same beggars on the same street corners every day, not a single one (come to think of it) nobody has ever asked me if I can teach them a skill. I can teach them many skills, but I am not going to lick a man's butt to teach him to fish, if he feels I owe him a fish every day because he is to stupid to know that he is stupid then its just tough.

7. Thanks given for this post:

SilverNodashi (28-Apr-12)

Suspended
    Thanks
    I offered a job to a white beggar once................................. he never pitched up. .............

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Cooper View Post
    The SABC showed an etoll office with a LONG queue, as people are now "supporting" it.

The Newspaper showed an empty office, with a bored employee looking into the distance.

Take your pick.
    This may be the ANC's propaganda machine at work. This is why they want to silence the newspapers. They do not want criticism or the truth to come out. Come to think of it, there are many similarities with Nazi Germany...
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    It sure is Justloadit!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    R3000 is all you get?

For many of the youngsters and single moms this is a reality that they must feed there family and pay for education as well as transport and there income is R900 to R3000 a month. Yesterday i stopped at a local store and decided to speak to a few men and ladies that where having a talk about there income. They know me personally and we are actually very good friends.

Upon talking to them they said they work 12 hours a day including weekend and don't see past the R3000 mark. Now The higher income of the group is at R5000 and is basically the maximum they can earn. Now to add to the facts they rent and share homes so it is not uncommon that they both work and live together to enjoy some form of security and live in a neighborhood that is proper. MANY youngsters do the same as it is the only way to have a place to sleep.

Knowing there conditions and there challenges very well, it is hard to ignore the state of our economy and that the majority of people is part of the lower income groups.

So what can you do with only R3000 a month? If not combined it is very little and with our poor buying power it adds insult to injury.

But let us continue; where i live our hospital is downright scary with many news articles documenting this fact so using that facility is not something anyone would do willingly. Doctors on the other hand are expensive and even charge an amount of R1000 just to give someone stitches? Not to mention the cost of medication.

But lately the cost of food in general has nearly doubled and the cost of imported goods like electronics have nearly tripled leaving many people in the technological dust. To continue on, it is also true that many large stores don't offer discount anymore on bulk sales and depending where you live finding a store that do can actually cost more "getting to it" then saving money.

I find myself in a mixed place knowing factually that the rand is losing steam now more then ever judging from the exchange rate alone. So where is the upside of all of this? I cannot find one. Now many will blame the voting public where others will blame volatile politics. Both may well be correct but as it stands both situations may not change for a very long time.

Thus what must change? And more importantly what is within our control? We cannot hope and dream that corruption will just magically disappear and we cannot demand from the higher income market to sacrifice there income just so that others may benefit on charity alone. This is not sustainable and anyone doing the numbers knows this.

So what is sustainable? First and foremost Green technology can be tax exempted and import tax exempted. This will allow re-sellers to sell the technology at lower cost helping the public to keep the lights on cheaply and effectively saving money in the long run.

Is this a pipe dream? The answer is no it is not. At some stage the public will need to start considering green energy as a must have and can save them thousands in the process. Secondly is internet schooling...

Consider that private schools charge as much as R3500 per month per child being schooled I cannot think as to why the facility cost so much. Home schooling as it is now, does not reflect the capability and potential for the internet and broadcasting technologies. If properly used more Children can be home-schooled and only examination facilities would be needed and maintained taking the pressure of our economy in general.

This allow for more teachers to reach more students giving them a higher income and lower risk to themselves as they don't have to deal with undisciplined individuals consuming there time. The benefits speak for themselves. Thus perhaps it is time we take note on how our money is being spend and how it can be spend in the future.

But the situation as it stand now is not survivable.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast