Thread: telkom telephone number

Suspended
    Thanks

telkom telephone number

i call my wife from my land line a week ago...so she answers and asks me when i changed my number...

so i call my celphone from my landline to find i have a different landline number...checked my telkom bill...still shows the same number being invoiced...so i call my landline number from my cellphone...now i know why my landline never rings...the assholes at telkom have either changed my number without notifying me or they have connected my line to someone else who is paying my bill for me and i am getting billed for someone elses line...just checked my telephone account....imagine that...days and times i know there was no one in the office...yet there are calls made from my land line to numbers i have no idea who they belong to.

so i called enquiries...but unfortunely just dont have the patients today to listen to please dial ...6 then dial your number ...then dial 2 then dial then dial then dial then dial to a point that you what it can just stay like for now.

Thanks
    If your original number isn't being answered then chances are you're getting the better end of the deal running your business on someone else phone account

Thanks
    Hi Murdock

Don't go via enquiries, they can't fix it. Go via fault reporting numbers.

The negative is that once the owner of the correct number works out that they are paying for your calls they might suspend the service, leaving you without a business line, or even worse, whoever has your number might start running up a huge bill in your name.

If you have a telephone system (PBX) in place then it could also be that you are picking up an alternate line for outgoing, or if you have a cellular call router it can give out any number that is programmed. Doubt this is the situation you are in, but covering the bases.

Suspended
    Thanks
    logged a fault then contacted them to find out...the progress...was told it is a common problem.

how to fix it...i must log a fault...get a reference number then they will send someone out ot fix it...once they have fixed it i must then contact accounts department with my fault reference number and log a complaint...and they will then do an equiry and hopefully fix the problem in the next couple of weeks.

i wonder how they plan on rectifying this issue...how will they know who to bill for what... if i run up a massive bill for the poor sucker whos line i am linked to...how could they prove who must pay the what part of the bill?