Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: E-tolling or E Thief?

Thanks
    The local criminals have cottoned on to the idea that if you press a garage remote it jams the signal sent by the moter vehicle's locking remote! I wonder if after all the money spent on eToll gantries if this is not a simple means of #ucking them in the eye?

Just press your garage remote as you approach a gantry and keep it pressed until you have cleared the area.

Perhaps one of our techies can comment?
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    People go on about crime and getting robbed by governments, anyway you look at either crime or issue like this we always get the wrong end, always the ones bending over to collect.

You pay the toll you get screwed, you don't pay the toll you get even more screwed, if nobody pays the toll and they scrap it you get screwed because someone has to pay for the money already spent.

Same thing with crime, you get robbed you loose they take your stuff, you pay insurance every month, they get caught and you get your stuff back you still get screwed because no you have to pay for courts and once they are convicted you pay a monthly premium to keep them in jail.

At the end of the day the man on the street must just pay...pay...pay.

Thanks
    I'm sure someone will come up with some "jamming" device soon (which will get a banned shortly thereafter) same as was with the "speed laser" and "radar" sensors and "jammers". We can but hope.
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Thanks
    You bet your ass they will. People will invent/use a device to jam, the device will get banned (but still used). Sanral will use another technology to overcome this. People will invent/use another device to overcome this (this will get banned, but still used).....and so on and so forth, it will be an e-toll arms race.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    it will be an e-toll arms race.
    haha, well put!
    ~Expenses will eat you alive! - My first Boss~

Thanks
    Each individual must decide for himself or herself how they would approach e-tolling. As far as I’m concerned there’s currently no law that states one must buy an e-tag, as it cannot be presumed that one will use the road with gantries, one may use an alternative route. One also has the right to be billed and then appear in court via the summons process. I can’t see that one can be listed on a credit bureau as there is no credit involved i.e. personal loan, credit card, vehicle finance etc.

Name:  ETHIEFmade_at_www_txt2pic_com.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  9.8 KB
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Summons for count is only if you paid nothing after 3 warnings.

What you do is, you just pay R10 - R50, and then they will throw the case out window and have to start again from warning 1.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    IT is gona cost a lot more time and wasted money going to court, so people will just pay.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    As I understand the proposal by others - it's all about delaying and bleeding the system by requesting statements unnecessarily, delaying payments. As the Auditor General himself states in the SANRAL financial reports - the ability to claim the money is essential to keeping SANRAL from bankruptcy.

The idea is, that they can't take you to court 'if you paid something' even if that 'something' is less than 5% of what you owe. Because you 'did as best as you could'. You will never see court. just humour them with a monthly debit order of R5.... Agree?

.... And... Vote DA... and support COSATU, because only thanks to them the tolls were delayed several months

10. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (24-Nov-13)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The trick to avoid paying anything in SA is:

1. Find a basic human right
    2. Prove you can't afford it
    3. pay a fraction of what you owe

You will never see court or have issues. It is illegal under the current law to imprison people for failure to pay creditors. (google - 'impossibility of performance', common law, south africa")

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast