Thread: atx sockets

Email problem
    Thanks

atx sockets

a question for the master electricians.
    i ordered a box of exe socket outlets from magnet electrical in durban for a job. i asked for 3 phase 3 pin+earth 16 amp socket outlets. i received 3 phase plugs ,but only rated at 250 volt. wtf ! where in s.a. can you use it? only for special applications.
    now the problem is i must send it back and they must resend the 380 volt plugs. (which cost more ) they already charged R 1000 to send the box here.
    they reckon they sell a lot of the 220 volt 4 pin plugs and in their original quote the 220 volt is in small print. the earth pin is also at 9 o clock.
    for interests sake 1 s/outlet is over R 3000 and isnt switched. the other makes which are available in cape town are about R 5000 ,but at least are switched.

Email problem
    Thanks
    bump!
    so has anybody seen 250 volt rated 3 phase socket outlets before?

Thanks
    I've seen 220/240v rated plugs and sockets but have never used them. American equipment using 3 phase springs to mind as an application, maybe mines have systems using these voltages.

Last time we needed Ex rated plugs and sockets it was a few years ago and even including shipping it was cheaper to import from a Marechal agent in the UK than buy locally.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.