Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to fix periods in Pastel V11 year - end procedure

Thanks

How to fix periods in Pastel V11 year - end procedure

Hallo All

I did my financial year end, I used January 2012 as period 13 of the year 2011 and that was supposed to be period 01 of 2012 year after the year end procedure was done. My problem is that I think I messed up the year end because now my 1st period is February 2012 and January's transactions etc. are nowhere to be found.

The year-end assistant asked if I wanted to create a new company and I selected that option, but I cannot see the copied company in my pastel menu when I start the program. could the problem lie there maybe?

Have I messed up completely or is there some way to fix this.

Thanking you for your advice.
    V

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinruby View Post
    Hallo All

The year-end assistant asked if I wanted to create a new company and I selected that option, but I cannot see the copied company in my pastel menu when I start the program. could the problem lie there maybe?

In my opinion, no............

When the assistant asked you if a copy needs to be made.......... what name did you give the "new" company ?

I would say, you need to find that company and use that to do your YE again. ( First make another copy before you start ! ) Your transaction should still be in that coy.
    I assume your year runs from Jan to Dec ?
    Did you update the period 13 ( Jan 2012 ) transactions before you attempted the YE procedure ?

Please give as much info as possible !
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Thank you Martin, when I made the copy I gave the new company another name, the abreviations of our company name. I managed to find the company but was unable to open the company. When I start Pastel I see my original company and then the demo company but not the new company, only see new company when i go to "Manage'. And then I don't know what to do so that I can use the 'new company'.

When I go into my original company it opens with February 2012 as period one, and as my year end runs from Jan to Dec I need the 13th Period to reflect as period one.
    I updated all transactions because yearend does not run with open batches. What I did when I mistakenl assumed that the system will updated the 13th period automatically as that was what the system said when selecting Jan 2012 as 13th period.

I hope I make sense I am at a total loss, and at this point cannnot afford to call in a consultant.

Thanks
    I think the reason why your period 13 transactions are not appearing in period 1 of the new year, is because you did not tick the box in the screenshot below, when going to Setup...Periods. All those transactions are probably sitting in the previous (13 month) financial year.

If you can open your original (pre-year end) company, I suggest that you check the above and then re-run the year end process.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Neville is most probably right !

To look for the "copied" company :

In "Open a company", go to "add a company".............this should open c: and Pastel folder. In this folder you should find the "copied" company. Click on the company and OK, this should be added to the "Open a company" options. If the message you get says that the company is already there, then just "activate" the company.

As I said..............after you have opened the correct company, go to "new" and make another copy of that company ( not the one that had been updated ) just in case !

I normally make a copy of my companies before I do updates and especially YE updates.
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    thanks Neville and Martin.
    Martin, I tried your suggestions but when I went looking for the copied company I could not find it, but when I go to open new company then I find the other company but I still do not know how to access it. I have made backups prior to running the YE procedure.

@ Neville, I did check that box when I decided to use the 13th period.

Please help me, is there another way that I can sort out this mess?

Thanks
    V.

Thanks
    Please help me, is there another way that I can sort out this mess?
    I think the best option would be for me to log onto your system remotely via TeamViewer and resolve the issue that way - much easier than trying to describe the problem and offering solutions on the forum!

Give me a call on 082 456 7881.

Thanks
    Neville to the rescue ......... again !
    Martin Coetzee
    www.straptite.com

Thanks
    Thank you so much Neville, I unfortunately don't have Teamviewer installed on my Laptop. How do I get it?

Thanks
    V

Thanks
    How do I get it?
    Click on this link to download it to your desktop. I can't help you tonight or tomorrow, but I should be able to assist you on Saturday sometime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast