Thread: Eviction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Angry Eviction

I would like to report this matter to anyone willing to help.My father owned a house from 1989 to 2009 december..one day he got a summon asking him to come to the court regarding the house he went there no one showed up then another one came he went back again,after that he went to find a lawyer to assist him on that,,then he again recieved another summon he went with his lawyer still no one came that happend for about a year,the next year which was 2008 he staretd to attend the case from january till december but whoever saying the house belongs to him never showed up.november 2008 the judge told my father to leave the house before 31 december 2008 without any discussion about the case,my father went to do an appeal while still waiting for an appeal date we got invicted november 2009 by people we dont know.didnt even give us an inviction letter,they just took our funiture out some got destroyed and even stole money and some staff.my father went back to his lawyer,the lawyer said go back and break in the house,my father refused cause he wanted evrything to be done legal.he asked him for a paper to return to his house he refused and never answered my father calls.my father went to get another lawyer to fight his house again,the second lawyer took R3500 and never did anything nor speak to my father. my father one day went back to the second lawyer only to find out hes been suspended cant practice anymore.Now my father he doesnt have a file for the case he went back to his first lawyer to get the file the lawyer always says he cant find the file and that happend over and over again..so how can my father get helped in this case..Why can a 57 year old man can suffer like this due to curruption in this country,why can one break in your house and claim the house is his.and why cant the police help you when you report the matter..How can my father get his house back

Suspended
    Thanks
    Did your father have papers to prove he owned the house ? Did he pay a bond every month ?

Thanks
    yes he did struggle to pay the bond but he was paying though..He does have all the papers to prove he owned the house but the lawyers havethe papers

Suspended
    Thanks
    I am not a lawyer but am just thinking ...... you say he struggled to pay the bond ??? how long did he not pay the bond for ?? Is it not possible that he defaulted on payment and the house was taken by the bank and sold to someone else ??

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The thing that bugs me most in this story is if you hire a lawyer, you expect proper feedback

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.