Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Payroll Software

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Payroll Software

Hi, interested in hearing from ppl on here about payroll software. Small business with 17 permanent staff and in need of easy user friendly payroll software, any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks Pedro

Thanks
    Hi Pedro,

If you are interested in a web based online system - I can highly recommend Simple Pay. You pay a monthly fee based on the number of employees that you run payslips for, there are no annual licensing fees, for 17 employees you are looking at a monthly fee of approx. R140. I use Simple Pay for my own business as well as for a number of clients and haven't had any issues. The best part is that they offer a free 2 month trial period as well.

http://www.simplepay.co.za/payroll-s...ystem/features
    "If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you."

3. Thanks given for this post:

Dave U (28-Mar-12)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KimH View Post
    If you are interested in a web based online system - I can highly recommend Simple Pay.
    Thanks for the link. Any idea as to how reliable or easy the online SARS submissions are? Will the report give me the totals to send to my GL?

I only have 12 employees so using something like Pastel Payroll is probably overkill.

Thanks
    Thanks for that link, i did sign for the two month trial, but have sinced noticed a problem. I have a supermarket running seven days a week, according to labour dept i only need to pay 1.5 times for a sunday because its ordinary that sundays are worked, but according to simple pay thay only give an option at 2 times the pay.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've been using Quick Payroll. My observations are it takes a bit of setting up, but it does make payroll runs a lot quicker once you've got it all tweaked.

I have to say the setup was not as simple as one might hope, and frankly operating it is surprisingly fiddly for a brand that has a reputation for producing very user-friendly software.

Thanks
    Pedro, contact Dave Ungerer - dave@simplepay.co.za - they are always willing to accommodate specific requests.

@Cagenuts - I haven't used the SARS submissions function myself yet - sign up for the 2 month free trial and give it a test run would be my recommendation.

8. Thanks given for this post:

Dave U (28-Mar-12)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KimH View Post
    Pedro, contact Dave Ungerer - dave@simplepay.co.za - they are always willing to accommodate specific requests.

@Cagenuts - I haven't used the SARS submissions function myself yet - sign up for the 2 month free trial and give it a test run would be my recommendation.
    Thanks, will give him a shout, and see what happens.

Thanks
    Hi Pedro

It's a good thing this whole OID / Workman's Comp. fiasco happened, otherwise I wouldn't have been browsing this forum. SimplePay does actually do what you need. If you set up an employee's hours as regularly working on Sundays, they are paid 1.5x normal rate instead of 2x normal rate, as per the legal requirement. You do this by clicking "Regular Hours" while viewing an employee. The help has been updated to make this clearer.

@Cagenuts: SimpePay has been through enough filing seasons with SARS now for all the wrinkles in the process to be sorted out. And there is a GL report for every payment run you do.

@Kim: Thanks for the recommendation, you rock!

@pedrob again: Perhaps you can help me. I find it strange that people are sometimes hesitant to get in touch. SimplePay is there to make payroll work for you and the only way we can make that happen is if you speak to us. Is it maybe because it's a free trial that you feel you can't get support? Thankfully SimplePay has been growing quite well as a company, but I can't help but feel it would be doing even better if we could get people to open a dialogue on their payroll needs. Any suggestions?

Cheers
    Dave

11. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (28-Mar-12)

Thanks
    Thanks Kyle. I will give it a run and report back.

Thanks
    Off topic,... a few members have called me Kyle and I couldn't figure out why, then I realised my signature quote by Kyle Chandler had a few of you confuzzled

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast