Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Payroll Software

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KimH View Post
    Pedro, contact Dave Ungerer - dave@simplepay.co.za - they are always willing to accommodate specific requests.

@Cagenuts - I haven't used the SARS submissions function myself yet - sign up for the 2 month free trial and give it a test run would be my recommendation.
    Thanks, will give him a shout, and see what happens.

Thanks
    Hi Pedro

It's a good thing this whole OID / Workman's Comp. fiasco happened, otherwise I wouldn't have been browsing this forum. SimplePay does actually do what you need. If you set up an employee's hours as regularly working on Sundays, they are paid 1.5x normal rate instead of 2x normal rate, as per the legal requirement. You do this by clicking "Regular Hours" while viewing an employee. The help has been updated to make this clearer.

@Cagenuts: SimpePay has been through enough filing seasons with SARS now for all the wrinkles in the process to be sorted out. And there is a GL report for every payment run you do.

@Kim: Thanks for the recommendation, you rock!

@pedrob again: Perhaps you can help me. I find it strange that people are sometimes hesitant to get in touch. SimplePay is there to make payroll work for you and the only way we can make that happen is if you speak to us. Is it maybe because it's a free trial that you feel you can't get support? Thankfully SimplePay has been growing quite well as a company, but I can't help but feel it would be doing even better if we could get people to open a dialogue on their payroll needs. Any suggestions?

Cheers
    Dave

3. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (28-Mar-12)

Thanks
    Thanks Dave. I find it quite a good system actually.

5. Thanks given for this post:

Dave U (28-Mar-12)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    VIP also recently started with an online version, cost R15 per employee "rolled over" per month, and I am impressed so far i have to say!

Gold Member
    Thanks
    To quote a movie line, "there can be only one..." Intercode Payroll. I have used the lot and for it's price..... well I can't fault it at any price actually. This is how real software is supposed to work.

http://www.intercode.co.za

8. Thanks given for this post:

pedrob (28-Sep-12)

Thanks
    Hi there,

I am using Pastel Payroll and would recommend them.

One of their pro's are the call centre that can assist you in any query you may have, especially if you are only starting out.

You could also get a payroll qualification through them as I did, being "Certified Senior Payroll Administrator".

You can also register with the ICB (Institute for Certified Bookkeepers) and use their designation on business cards and letterheads.

Hope this might help!

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Kim, or others, are you still happy with SimplePay?

Looking at using one for my new year which starts soon.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Another really good alternative is intercode payroll. Free download & 30 day trial from their website. I run a full bureau on it
    www.intercode.co.za

12. Thanks given for this post:

KimH (20-Feb-14)

Thanks
    Busfact - I am certainly still happy with Simple Pay.

Out of curiosity I downloaded Intercode's free trial (thanks Clive) and find it to be a very robust package and exceptionally cost effective for someone like me who runs a multitude of companies payroll.
    So, both are great - what it boils down to at the end of the day is whether you want a web based system or software that's actually loaded on your system.

Both have free trials - my advice would be to try them both and see which one works best for your needs.
    "If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you."

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Thanks Kim. I needed the assurance they were still ok, as the website doesn't give much confidence in their real world infrastructure. Its a simple product at low cost, so I can hardly expect Sandton offices and a 24/7 call centre , but I did need a 3rd party to vouch for them. I've started their trial and so far it seems to offer all I need. Plus it looks reasonably simple to operate, which is a major requirement in my mind.

Thanks Clive. I'd noticed intercode from your earlier post, and they certainly appear to be more established than Simplepay. They also create a more professional image which can be important for this type of product. It would be most inconvenient for example if the EMP501 reports were wrongly submitted. I've book marked them and will down load the demo.

As its stands, I would much prefer the online option, so that I can delegate this type of work to an off site book keeper. So Simplepay have their nose in front at the moment.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast