Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toll roads

Thanks

Toll roads

Zuma announced on TV tonight that (after the implimentation of the toll gates) there are going to be huge changes and a surge in business opportunity.

I couldn't help thinking that the toll gate money is now going to fund these 'new' business opportunities.

Is this another way to distribute health ? I do not see how wealth can be created by distributing it.

Sorry I don't know where else to post this than in the scam allert forum.
    Regards
    Fanie

2. Thanks given for this post:

Nickolai Naydenov (18-Mar-12)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanie View Post
    Sorry I don't know where else to post this than in the scam allert forum.
    Lol, I don't see a fairy tale forum so scam alert would have been the most appropriate

I'm guessing the surge in business is being predicted because with the new roads that the tolling is going to pay for everyone will be at work on time because of less traffic jams.

4. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (17-Mar-12)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    What Zuma said is that the etolling is creating jobs meaning people that will work in collections for example. To run the etolls it is estimated that one third of the turnover will go to collections, so thisi is what Zuma calls creating of jobs and growing the economy, however he does not take into onsideration that the people that would be paying for the toll roads are actually the tax payers which run the whole economy, that means that those people's buying power decreases because they have to now pay not only for the toll roads but for the increased prices of goods as the retailers will pass the cost to us and all of a sudden there is stegflation. But while this is happening in our country the money that will be collected from the toll roads will go out of the country as the etolls were paid for by a foreign company, how much sense does this make? None, but I'm sure that a few corrupt government officials took millions home so the etolls can benefit the foreign company. The whole concept does not make sense at all. In his budget speach minister Gordhan said that government will cover half the costs, where do those mone come from? Our tax payers pockets, it's not like he got the money from somewhere else. Now the other half apparently we have to pay for? Didn't we pay for the first half anyway? Did you know that the SAPS nationwide uses on average 16 000 000 liters of fuel per month! There are estimated 7 950 000 registered vehicles in south africa. You fo the maths and tell me if the government adds in special fuel levy of say 10c per litter of fuel to the normal price in how long will the 20 billion be paid? I can tell you that if each vehicle uses 100 liters per month which is more than a realistic price the government will collect just under a billion rand in a year time, but the money will stay in the economy, our infrastracture will still grow, prices would not go up because of that increase, people would have more money to spend, when people spend money the economy is growing and all that with an actual increase of 1c per kilometer, i sa 1c because if your vehicle uses 10 liters of fuel per 100km distance then 1 liter gives you 10 kilometers so 10c increase on a liter means increase of 1c per kilometer which we can all afford, logical isn't it, however our government which are people that work for us are useless and do what they like and obviously they don't care that they should look at our well-being.
    ---There is no traffic at the extra mile---

6. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (17-Mar-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The problem is that 90% of our so called leaders in parliament do not have the faintest clue about economics.

In theory tolls sound good. You use the road, you pay, we fix the pot holes. In practice it works differently; you pay, we share the money with our foreign buddies and you fix your own pot holes.

Well, maybe they do understand economics. They know just how to fleece the public and get away with it. Or are they being coached by their overseas "investors" ? (read masters).
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

8. Thanks given for this post:

Nickolai Naydenov (18-Mar-12)

Thanks
    Sad but true...

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer

Thanks
    Indeed, that's a fairytale for adults! The one good thing that will have come out of this tollgate mess is that more people are going to change their votes from the ANC to opposition parties, The ANC have demonstrated by virtue of their actions that they will dictate to South African what a future state of affairs will be!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanash Naick View Post
    Indeed, that's a fairytale for adults! The one good thing that will have come out of this tollgate mess is that more people are going to change their votes from the ANC to opposition parties, The ANC have demonstrated by virtue of their actions that they will dictate to South African what a future state of affairs will be!
    I know what you saying however when voting time comes the ANC will walk into the townships with promises for free houses, social grants, they will give the people shirts, they will feed the people and they will get the votes again. Unfortunately people living at the townships are so poor that the moment you give them something they believe that's how it will be, however once the votes are in those people are forgotten, it's always the same strategy
    ---There is no traffic at the extra mile---

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickolai Naydenov View Post
    I know what you saying however when voting time comes the ANC will walk into the townships with promises for free houses, social grants, they will give the people shirts, they will feed the people and they will get the votes again. Unfortunately people living at the townships are so poor that the moment you give them something they believe that's how it will be, however once the votes are in those people are forgotten, it's always the same strategy
    The strategy used is also by deviding black and white by making whites the enemy of the blacks - that is what malema was used for. As long as blacks are made to believe that whites stole the land from blacks and killed them by the thousands and as long as the white colonialists is the cause of the blacks poverty and 'struggle' - so long will the blacks vote anc.

Now you know why the schooling system was changed - it pays to have stupid illiterate masses that can be easily manipulated and sell your fallacies to.
    Regards
    Fanie

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The one glaring thing to me in this etolling debacle is the importance of consultation.

Government did go through a consultation process.
    No-one endorsed the etolling plan.
    They're doing it anyway.

The mandatory consultation phase supposedly makes the process legitimate - What a farce!

Thanks
    A shocking shamble of a farce actually!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast