Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Democracy

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    True, and his vote trumps yours, so effectively you have no say.
    Excuse me...Where does this come from. How about you stick to the topic at hand a leave the clever chirps.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We were talking about democracy, and leveraged voting powers, weren't we?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Excuse me...Where does this come from. How about you stick to the topic at hand a leave the clever chirps.
    Dunno what you mean by clever chirps - you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out, and we are talking about democracy in RSA - one man one vote.

Maybe an explanation may be in order then - If you use your one vote for lets say the DA, and JZ will use his one vote - he will certainly vote for ANC, so your vote is effectively nullified. Now all he does is rally his supporters to vote for ANC, and bang you are outvoted millions to one. He will have access to your pocket via taxes, and you will have absolutely no say in where he uses your money.
    Last edited by Justloadit; 11-Mar-12 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Grammer in last line
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Your post
    after all the politicians are are educated now aren't they, and they should know better.
    My post
    JZ has a standard 2
    Your post
    True, and his vote trumps yours, so effectively you have no say. But he also has the power to woe the uneducated masses with unrealistic promises.
    Ok, lets do this another way...So why exactly does his vote trump mine?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Ok, lets do this another way...So why exactly does his vote trump mine?
    Adrian,

You have chosen one politician, and what is your definition of educated? he has a standard 2 as per your reference, that means he has an education.

Secondly as I explained in my post just before yours, in a one man one vote environment, your vote is cancelled out by his vote, unless you are voting for the same party , and he has a helva lot more influence on his followers to vote towards his choice than what you have, which means a far higher amount of influenced votes will be cast, drowning you out of the race. So effectively the cast of his vote along with his influence has taken you out of the game. Now in my book if you taken out of the game, you have lost.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks
    Justloadit....whoaaa safari ! are we comparing apples with apples ? One (JZ) is a politician and me just a beach loving average joe guy with no interest in politics ! Of course he is gonna nullify my vote andwipe me out! He has people voting for him,that's his job, there is no "game" here..lol...

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    I think that a value of a vote should be directly proportional to the education level.

No education - 1 Vote
    Up to Grade 7 - 2 Votes
    Up to grade 11 - 3 Votes
    Secondary education Certificate 4 - Votes
    Secondary education Diploma - 8 Votes
    Secondary Education - Degree and higher - 10 Votes

This will have a 2 fold effect, firstly it places emphasis on education, and secondly the more educated one is, the more intelligent the vote cast will be.

A one man one vote is definitely not the solution, the masses are too easily fooled in to believing.
    Is that not how we voted apartheid in?

Suspended
    Thanks
    A "Benificial dictatorship" perhaps? This is one heck of a difficult topic, possibly we are looking at the problem from the wrong perspective? The only real solution,and it will not be quick, is education - personally I think that this was where the nats really lost the plot,keep the "masses" uneducated and the white man could continue to rule, I mean just look at the censorship that existed in this country,Zimbabwe (Rhodesia) had TV before we did,thus was the paranoia of the then rulers of this country. Really I think that the quicker peoples education levels are raised the less gullible they will be to idiots like Malema,etc....and then you have the tribal separations....read Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad and think about democracy for Africa..it would be a tragedy for this country to go this way but far from impossible.Democracy..really,is there any other feasible way-the type of education is another topic,right now,in the western world it grooms those "educated" to slip into the capitalist groove...do we REALLY need that latest BMW when the vehicle we possess is perfectly ok..mmmm...

Thanks
    Democracy is the best ruling the option in the world and most of the world countries are adopting it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123