There was this discussion on LinkedIn..went something like this:

Black Business Council formed...

then the next one :

White Business Council formed...

So with interest I took a look see...

Sometimes I wish I hadn't...now Im riled...truly riled. My mother told me that I mustnt go to Varsity and I wouldnt study I would be standing in Jan Smuts Avenue with a Picket in my hands! Well I was quite fiery then.. I suppose Im just a little calmer now.

Then I saw this Business Day article:

Power units an insult
Frankly, the newly formed Black Business Council, like all black-oriented councils across industries that purport to represent black interests, only reflects the sense of stubborn black victimhood right at the very top of the supposedly black top tier.

Published: 2012/03/06 08:27:26 AM

Frankly, the newly formed Black Business Council, like all black-oriented councils across industries that purport to represent black interests, only reflects the sense of stubborn black victimhood right at the very top of the supposedly black top tier.

What is it that is misunderstood in this country?

SA is a black majority country, and in no other country does the majority form councils and units to preserve their interests in a pool of minorities.
There can be no black majority country if blacks cannot answer decisively the question of whether black power did or did not arrive.

Let’s be clear: black power did arrive and the only way for that to be realised is if that power is fully exercised.

It disempowers black people, in the country they own in overwhelming numbers, to be forming councils and power units to stand up as a force against minority interests that do not serve them.

The very fact that such units have the backing of the government just reflects how helpless this black government is.

Yonela Diko
Cape Town