Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting and funny newspaper articles

Thanks
    Don’t shoot the messenger! I have it on good authority: This article that Paul Kruger believed that the World is flat and not round!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paul kruger.jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	2505
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    I don’t know about you but I would be very disturbed to learn that there is a coffin under my house!

Name:	theres a coffin under my shack.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	2506
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    I love a good scandal! There’s a reason why I read nose week, the Daily Sun and the Sunday Times! We never short of a nice , good entertaining scandal!

Name:	holy war2.jpg 
Views:	657 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	2507
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Okay, so don’t shoot the messenger! I’m merely reporting word for word what was already reported in the Sunday Times. This is the actual photo of that article from a few years ago. The headline on that front page, “Gandhi smeared as Indian Hitler.”
    “Deedat’s son distributes book that says founder of passive resistance was a sick man.” “Yousuf Deedat has already distributed 7000 copies in Durban and Pretoria. His next port of call will be Cape Town next month. He says Gandhi was not fit to be called a mahatma(meaning great soul) adding that he was not fit even to be called an ordinary soul.”” Gandhi was once thrown out of a train compartment which was exclusively reserved for whites. It was not that Gandhi was fighting on behalf of local Africans that he broke the rule in getting into a whites compartment. No! That was not the reason.” It says Gandhi had no concern for Africans and took up the cudgels on behalf on Indians because he was furious that he and his merchant caste Indians were treated on par with the local Africans.”
    Naturally, I don’t agree with the sentiments expressed in this book or this article. The contrary is true, Gandhi is worthy of his iconic status!Notwitstanding this someone actually wrote an entire book on this! It was however the pose the author created i.e. him and his book that caught my attention!(Strike a pose!) A proud author with his book!

Name:	Gandhi.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	2508
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    How to know if you’ve got problems? Well, if an evil ghostly horse not only haunts you every night and craps in your room but also tries to have sex with you, you’ve got some major problems! “If there’s something strange in your neighbourhood, who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!”This gentleman's community did aver that he has a drinking problem, but in right of reply, he provided that this ghostly horse has driven him to drink! I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, if a ghostly horse was not only haunting you, but also crapping in your room and perhaps more worrying even trying to have sex with you, won't you be driven to drink!!!

Name:	evil horse.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	2512
    Last edited by Citizen X; 01-May-12 at 09:09 PM.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    On the Ghandi story - and at the risk of putting myself in the firing line here - does it matter?

I'm quite sure history is littered with examples of people doing the right thing, but initially for less-than-perfect reasons. Few ideas are born full grown. They start with a seed, grow and are refined over time.

Even if intially prompted by a fit of pique (and I wouldn't know one way or the other with absolute certainty as I was not there), to my mind it should only succeed in making Ghandi's legacy greater - that upon sober reflection he recognised there were even bigger issues in play than at first realised.

For me it would be a message of hope and encouragement, that "ordinary" people can grow and do great things.
    And become great - and best remembered at their best.

7. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (01-May-12)

Thanks
    Food for thought Dave!The very nature of this thread makes being in the firing line not matter at all! It didn't matter at all to the reporters who made these articles headlines!
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Singer impersonator tries to escape from court!
    If a picture is worth more than a thousand words then how much more a video!
    A character arrives at the door of the late singer Khulekani “Mqgumeni” Khumalo’s home. Initially many of the family members of this singer believed their loved one had come home.“Thousands of Khumalo’s fans had travelled from around the country to Nquthu after hearing that the singer, who died in 2009, had been resurrected.” He said he had been kidnapped by a traditional healer who had kept him in a forest in Gauteng – and had escaped before the healer could turn him into a zombie.
    “The man was arrested and police are working with the National Prosecuting Authority to formulate charges to be laid against him,” said Naicker."

Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Soft Dux-Rudi initially made this post "How to deal with jay walkers," I simply had to steal it from him!
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Firstly, I don’t condone violence, damage to property and unlawful activity. That being said, I sincerely love our Black South African people for many reasons. To date my closest friends remain Black individuals largely from Protea Glen, Protea North and Dlamini in Soweto. We visit each other on a regular basis.
    I have bought a magnifying glass to specifically study facial expressions in strikes.
    The headline: “Protest turns ugly, ‘Our councillor is busy eating our money and we suffer’.”
    Background: A poor service delivery protest took place in 2007 by some 5000 people from the Protea South Informal Settlement. Why I kept the picture and article. I personally spoke to some people that took place in that protest some 10 days after the fact. Those I spoke to averred that they personally had no thing to do with the protest directly but were unemployed and miserable and it was an opportunity for them to vent and have something constructive to do for that day. Now, If I may direct you to the lady in the front row, second from right with her leg up. Notice her facial expression: Big happy smile, the gentleman behind her, behind the lady with the green top and bluish hat, nice big smile...

Name:	Protst turns ugly.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	2519

Click here
    sabbaticus

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast