Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Internet and Marketing Your Business

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Busfact makes a lot of sense, but it wouldn't hurt for the police to vigorously rattle people's cages when they don't deliver, though.

Bear in mind there have been quite a few stories of people selling stuff over the internet and it turns out it was a fraud. About time the police took it seriously.
    The problem is that "non delivery" can often be a civil issue. In most cases I would imagine its rather poor service or quality of product that are the real issues. If no delivery of a product takes place, then it would indeed be nice if we had the option to pursue a criminal case. I think the reality though is that the cops want to avoid having to resolve every business transaction dispute.

If its a clear and definite case of fraud, then the police will deal with it. Just manage your expectations of the time frame of the investigation.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    @BusNavig8 - Ok, it seems I got the wrong end of the stick from your original post. It seemed to me that someone was prosecuting you for fraud because they paid you by EFT and the something went wrong.

How may I ask does changing the term from "Opportunity" to "System" make things different? Or does it simply not attract scammers as much?

You say "all I do know is that I was intentionally and wilfully let to believe a set of facts existed when they did not and suffered financial loss as a result" and to me that sounds exactly like fraud, so good luck with the SAPS CAS. At least you seem to understand that this can be a tedious process. It will stand you in good stead for all the frustrations that are to follow.

Email problem
    Thanks
    I am still unclear about this. Is it against the law to advertise on your website that you accept EFT payments?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSilver View Post
    I am still unclear about this. Is it against the law to advertise on your website that you accept EFT payments?
    Of Course you can, just make sure that what you advertise you do! and of course you can accept EFT payments!

Gold Member
    Thanks
    I'm with you JohnSilver, I was also confused initially. The EFT payment is actually of no consequence and should be replaced by "made a payment" in general. The issue was actually around what service was done or not done and how this compared to promises made in the advert.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It is about EFT's too as that's what sam's are all about getting money out of people by false means. But that is the final step in the process.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The particular problem with EFT's in a scam situation are that they are immediately cleared funds, and the transaction is virtually irreversible from the payer's end. Again, all the more reason for strong action when there's evidence suggesting fraud.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12