hello everyone.

I hope someone can advice me on a decent way forward.

I own a CC and use a friend for my books. She last filled my books with SARS in 2007. Shortly after that she employed an assistant, whom I think was the cause of all my problems and had her capture all our books. Then the assistant was fired and she moved house and in the process lost my bank statements. From March 2007 to Feb 2009, for 4 accounts (2 credit cards & 2 business bank accounts) and I now need to literally spend a small fortune (about R6K to date) on getting copies from the banks again.

We also moved about 3 years ago and had to update our CK2 with the new address. I paid her R600 or so to do the updates but the CK2 hasn't been updated yet. So Standard Bank froze my business account in January and only allowed me access to the account again in February after explaining the whole situation to them. My CK2 is still not updated, neither our FICA with the banks. FNB is now on my case about this too.

So now I get a call from her this morning and she tells me our CC has been de-registered with CIPRO and I need to pay another R200 to have it re-opened, and submit the last 5years worth of books to them for review.

I got someone else to start capturing books for me in January but still don't have all the bank statements, since I can't afford half of them right now. Standard bank charges R15 per page, without "volume discount" and refuse to allow me to pay them back once I have the money for it. I haven't drawn any salary since November but still had expenses (insurance, medical aid, rent, phones, food, hospital bills, etc) and my one credit card now stands on about R30,000, and R14000 for the other one. Neither Standard Bank or FNB wanted to give me a business credit card so I use my personal credit cards for business & living for the past few months. The one card (R14K) was only used for business purposed and I always pay it back from the business account as, and when I have the money todo so. The other credit card has also been used for business purposes (about R8K or so).

I have a web hosting company and lost a few larg'ish clients in the last 6 or 6 months which affected cash flow quite drastically. The credit cards are being used to pay for servers, software licenses, and bandwidth usage on the servers. I'm busy cutting down on unused software and servers to see if I can get my monthly expenses down a bit more but there's not much I can sacrifice anymore without compromising quality of service and still offer my clients something worthwhile.

Right now I don't have the money for a lawyer, or a business coach and don't know what todo anymore. I also can't afford a new accountant or accounting officer.

An accountant friend has told me that I could expect a fine of R500, per month of late TAX submissions, which could amount to R70,000 for the past 5 years, for me and my wife.

HELP.....?