Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: COFFEE BREAKS

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Now here is an interesting aside. My daughter says that the kids at school get single ply toilet paper. They figured out that the teachers get two ply. The little girls now go and steal the teachers toilet paper because they are tired of having to use "sandpaper"...

2. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (01-Feb-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Now here is an interesting aside. My daughter says that the kids at school get single ply toilet paper. They figured out that the teachers get two ply. The little girls now go and steal the teachers toilet paper because they are tired of having to use "sandpaper"...
    Sounds about right… I see no problem with it
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    It just stuck me as a real sign of the times when little girls feel that they are forced to steal toilet paper.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was going to say something about making the girls return the paper they stole, but on second thought perhaps not

6. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (02-Feb-12)

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    How about calculating the cost of tea/coffee/soup etc you are prepared to incur per person per day, add it to their wage/salary as a Refreshment Allowance and pay it to them. They then bring their own to work and you provide the kettle, electricity and water.

In terms of how long they take for breaks - toliets, refreshments, smoking the only way to control it I beleive is as mentioned above by various folk to peformance manage their duties. After all that is the ultimate basis for paying employees their wage. Dont worry about the duration of breaks but rather focus on how much they get done.

I have heard that it might be better to reward those who are getting relatively more done than others, as a positive re-inforcement, than police and punish those that are bad performers (negative re-inforcement). The latter just makes the situation tense & negative and unpleasant for all including the re-inforcer. I guess one has to be careful as to the extent of positive re-inforcement and that it is done fairly so at to avoid challenge.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    I don't agree with smoke brakes at all. Allow smokers to smoke at their desks. In a well air-conditioned room second hand smoke will be very little and actually not that bad for people as once thought.

WTF ............. this is very stupid advise ! Not only is it illegal but if I dont smoke then there is no way on hell that I would tolerate someone else smoking at his desk .......... aircon or no aircon !!! This is 2012 not 1980 !!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Those who smoke can do so outside (not in doorways or passages or the enterance to the business) and on their own time. The fact that they choose to smoke is their problem, not everybody else's.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Those who smoke can do so outside (not in doorways or passages or the enterance to the business) and on their own time. The fact that they choose to smoke is their problem, not everybody else's.

Fully agree ............... do it outside ........... or a designated area ..... !

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb View Post
    WTF ............. this is very stupid advise ! Not only is it illegal but if I dont smoke then there is no way on hell that I would tolerate someone else smoking at his desk .......... aircon or no aircon !!! This is 2012 not 1980 !!
    Right… Normally none smokers get so aggravated they become lobbyist and try to force people to live only on their terms. Facts is smoking helps with stress and I don't mind smokers "me being an x smoker" I know how effective it is with stress.

But now we are drifting off topic…

What I wanted to say is you do get dispensers that can lock. So basically you turn the knob and it will give you a measurement of coffee sugar and so on. Just thought it would help out with the theft thing.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Again "second hand smoking" was falsely accredited with a lot of BS. The fact is it does less harm to the smoker then one that uses stress medication. I don't recommend smoking but if it works for the smoker I am cool with it. I honestly don't mind a smoker sitting next to me.

Smoking has side effects yes. Most treatments for stress has side effects and other medication can even be deadly so it is all the same to me. It is a form of medication so accept it deal with it. Part of being human is to tolerate others.
    peace is a state of mind

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast