Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: efiling and windows problem

Thanks
    Thanks Chrismine - have done that. Looking good!
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Is anyone else having a problem downloading their VAT statement from SARS Efiling? Windows Explorer keeps on renewing the tab and sometimes I get a partial view, but then it hangs up, so I cant view the whole page - nor can I print or save it.
    I think the delay is due to Adobe programs intialising...

I often have to do returns in pairs, and the first load always has this lag. Second time around the return loads really quickly.

I suppose other possibilities are caching or decryption issues.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    I don't know if this is going to add any value, but I just thought I would give a quick run-down of what I have found on the various browsers...

1) Chrome does not seem to open the returns (like VAT201) properly. eSTT and eStamps seems to open fine in Chrome.

2) Firefox - everything works (VAT201 / EMP201), except eSTT and eStamps - the text does not load on the screen. When I had this issue before, I opened this screen successfully in Internet Explorer and decided to use IE for efiling... until (see point 3)

3) Internet Explorer: IE seemed to open everything correctly before, until I got a new laptop, running Windows 7 (previously I had Windows XP). Now IE does not want to open the returns - I had an issue where a pop-up would appear at the bottom of the screen asking me if I want to load / save the return (I think that is what it said - I can't check now as I fiddled with the settings and I don't get the same pop-up ...). When I got the pop-up, I tried both options and neither opened the return properly. I fiddled a bit with the settings and after that it tries to open it in a new tab, but just keeps "Loading"... This was a while ago and I have not tried fiddling around since. I have since been using Firefox as it could open all the returns that I have had to use since then...

4. Thanks given for this post:

Mike C (08-May-12)

Thanks
    When I got the pop-up, I tried both options and neither opened the return properly. I fiddled a bit with the settings and after that it tries to open it in a new tab, but just keeps "Loading"...
    Thanks for the posting J7J. I am still using XP and when doing VAT201/EMP201 I find that Adobe Flash works quite well, but the Adobe Reader option takes foooooooooorever to load. If you have a cup of tea while waiting, it does eventually print. My hassle was trying to get the VATSA (the Statement). You don't have a choice of Flash or Reader. It opens it in a new tab, which then keeps on disappearing and renewing itself until it times out. This problem has only started a few months ago but, in my opinion, has been getting worse. Tried about 8 times to get a printout but without success.

Loaded Firefox (as suggested by Chrismine) and the VATSA loaded and printed and saved quickly and without any delay. What a difference. I was most impressed.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    I know this is an old forum but the more places I post it, the better by results will hopefully return. I experienced a problem accessing the SARS efiling website with a specific Windows 7 computer, I soon found out that the problem is associated with using the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer as opposed to the 32-bit version. I suspect SARS website will only act on using the 32-bit version at present, perhaps in the future it will support 64-bit and the Adobe Flash 64-bit and Adobe Reader 64-bit.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Has anyone noticed any recent issues with efiling?

Most of the staff here get black screens when trying to open any returns etc (right clicking confirms its flash).

I have updated everyone's adobe flash and pdf, those using chrome disable plugin, checked in firefox that everyone's default application for opening forms is Adobe Reader(firefox), tried clearing their cache with CCleaner, and tested between IE, Chrome and Firefox.

What I have noticed is that they have to open and close their returns 2-3 times before it starts working in flash or jumps over to adobe pdf.

Thanks
    Sorry Marchant, can't help you here. I submit a number of emp201's every month and besides that the website is very slow... i don't have any errors to report. Hope you get the solution soon!
    always fear when Christel is near....

9. Thanks given for this post:

marchant (05-Sep-13)

Thanks
    so I am trying to pay vat today and internet explorer is being used .....all of a sudden I can now not open my vat 201 via my efiling profile and have never had a problem before. tried another computer ...same problem..... then tried google chrome browser and it opens the form......what on earth is going on at sars. if it wasn't for this forum I would never be able solve any of THEIR problems. sooooo mad. call centre is hopeless and can never help

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielleb View Post
    .....all of a sudden I can now not open my vat 201 via my efiling profile and have never had a problem before.
    I had the same problem with filing a VAT return last month - and solved it the same way you did BTW. However, my recent EMP201 filing went fine on IE

Mind you, it's not the only "web page" I've had similar problems with in the last 30 days or so. IE seems to have changed something fairly significant... just not sure what.

Anyhow, the workaround for now until the IT boffs work it out would seem to be - use another web browser.

Thanks
    I have been using Firefox and had no problems until today. Submitted a VAT201 without hassles but when I needed to submit documents for a review it would not upload. I tried three times. Then logged on using Internet Explorer and "viola" ... problem solved!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast