Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need Marketing Help? Post your questions here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    How do you get your marketing ideas to go viral?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Wiele,

I looked at the Paytel site and personally think it would be really difficult to market, even under the Affiliate programe. It does not seem to have negative Internet publicity but I suspect that there are hidden clauses in the terms of use for the users. (Mimimum useage clauses). You would need an accounts executive to keep your existing businesses in the system. You would need a really focussed and motivated sales team. Dont under any circumstances give a salary!
    How are you going to deal with maintaing the team. You should have two marketing teams with two different approaches. You would need an admin system. That is quite easy today however. You would most definately need a mentor. Then there's the question of legality: has Paytel complied with all the legal requirements to operate?

Thanks
    Wiele,

I think the bottom line here is that to make real money with this, you will need to sell a LOT of numbers (in excess of 1,000 - safer to aim for 5,000). So you should realistically expect this business to take up to 5 years before it really gives you an income you can rely on. It's a very similar module to the 086 fax2email business model and I know someone who makes R20k a month from that business but it took 2 years of HEAVY promotion to get there.

It's a numbers game.

In my opinion, you're better off finding something that people can subscribe to for R500-R1,000 a month and sell LESS to make MORE. Sure, the higher price means lower conversion rates, but it also means less clients.

Perhaps train yourself up on Google AdWords (get certified, buy 3-5 courses and really EXPERIMENT to get good). Then you can offer this service to people for R500+ p/m. Aim for companies with an ad-spend of R5,000 or more a month and charge 10% of their ad-spend. This is a proven model that works. Yes a lot of Saffers will insist on meeting you before doing business but I, as a rule, never meet for projects less than R20k and I'm still in business. I lose clients but they're the type of clients I don't want anyway - high maintenance.

So, in short, earning from home is doable but playing the numbers game will drive you mad. Ask me, I've sold over 900 websites in the last 2-3 years and my monthly cashflow is pathetic because I used to aim at the entry-level part of the market. Now that I'm aiming for the middle to high, I sell less websites, work less, and make more money.

My AdWords idea is just one idea. Another would be to buy Dragon Naturally Speaking and use it to write articles and sell them on iWriter.com. You can earn a few dollars per article for just talking to your PC!

Yet another idea, if you have expertise in any one area, would be to offer Skype-based coaching. You would need to market yourself well but, if you can deliver results, over time you'll come right.

Yet another idea is to set up and online support community for fellow quads who need advice on living as normal a life as possible. You WON'T make money initially unless you can get sponsorships but, if you get the right people to join up, you'll build up a community of people that you can promote other people's products to in return for a commission.

One last idea: Any form of affiliate marketing is DEFINITELY within your reach. Go to www.warriorforum.com. Sign up then pay for "War Room" access and pick just one of the WSOs there focused on affiliate marketing and give it your best shot. You WILL need money for hosting, domains, article writing, etc, but it can definitely work. (This stuff ain't easy, despite what the gurus say. But it DOES work and CAN lead to an automated income. Most importantly, don't try affiliate marketing in SA. It works but it's 5 times harder than just selling US products to US consumers.)

Gosh, that's the longest post I've written on a forum in AGES! Hope it helps
    Norio De Sousa - Just1.co.za (Cheap web hosting & website builder)
    Maxiware CC Reg no. 2000/048244/23 (Maxiware CC)

4. Thanks given for this post:

BusNavig8 (12-Feb-12)

Thanks
    Thank you for your responses it has definitely been informative.

1) MINIMUM USAGE

After your initial first 6 months your Paytel number has to continually receive no less than 1 hours calls per month ( averaged over 3 months). Should your Paytel number receive less calls than 3 hours over a 3 month period we will give you a 30 day notice that your number will become eligible for recycling should the situation not change. If after a further 30 days there is no change on the number the number will be suspended and made available for recycling. This number may then be assigned to other customers.

I don't know what all the legal requirements are but to my knowledge they have complied. I also know they and the customers are lawfully required to inform the customers of the call costs in any advertising.

Your info on marketing teams are very helpful, currently I'm alone so Ill need to look into it. Admin is very easy since everything is displayed in the dealer web based dashboard, with full stats.

Norri you have given me some great options to follow up en will definitely be looking into them.

Thanks BusNavig8 and Norri your advice is really appreciated.

Norri I would like your opinion on this http://www.website.ws, http://worldsite.ws . They offer a affiliate program that's similar to MLM. Here's a link to a affiliate site http://globaldomainsint.ws/ .

Please note I'm have not signed up with them and I'm not trying to promote them only asking since you mentioned not to try affiliate marketing in SA, and was wondering if this is something I should consider.

Thanks
    Wiele, I'm not a fan of the website.ws thing or MLM. I do believe MLM works but, like anything, it's a real business that takes real work and if you're not a good one-on-one sales guy, I don't think it's a good model.

(Although Robert Kiyosaki recommends MLM as a way of BECOMING a good sales guy. Keep that in mind. I think he's right. I just never had the time to invest in "learning to be a good salesperson". I rather spend my time building automated marketing funnels that work whether I do or not. Personal thing.)
    Norio De Sousa - Just1.co.za (Cheap web hosting & website builder)
    Maxiware CC Reg no. 2000/048244/23 (Maxiware CC)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Now THAT! Is a brilliant post and really good advice! I am in the process of setting up an affiliate programme but within my own base of clients, it is a challenge to get a system that works but it is a client need so we have to do it.

Your experience about the entry level is crucial. Ive seen so many businesses actually loose money because of this. The main enemy here is one's own mindset. Its a paradigm shift that needs to take place. We are by far not the cheapest in the market, but that is the way in which we by pass the low end and the time consuming clients. You dont cut them out completely but then at least you get paid well for it.

Thanks
    Bus, I know of a fantastic affiliate program runner but it's mainly done through Paypal.

jvzoo.com - it allows instant affiliate commissions and is the best I've used (for online products and services).

IF you're going to go on the Warrior forum - BEWARE OF THE WARRIOR SPECIAL OFFER FORUM - a lot of the products on their are actually shit and don't live up to the hopes of the buyer.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    Bus, I know of a fantastic affiliate program runner but it's mainly done through Paypal.

jvzoo.com - it allows instant affiliate commissions and is the best I've used (for online products and services).

IF you're going to go on the Warrior forum - BEWARE OF THE WARRIOR SPECIAL OFFER FORUM - a lot of the products on their are actually shit and don't live up to the hopes of the buyer.
    You are a *Star* thank you thank you thank you just what I was looking for! jvzoo.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Smit View Post
    Hey members, if you need help in:

1) Getting more customers
    2) Getting those customers to come back more often
    3) And selling at higher prices

Post your questions here. I'll do my best to give you those answers straight up.
    How to attract more affiliates? How to get more clicks and sales?

Thanks
    Hey Robin,

Use my marketing arbitrage concept. Meaning go to your biggest competitors (amazon for example) and reverse engineer their web design, copy, layout etc.
    They have spent millions of dollars split testing the right design to let customers buy as much as possible from their website. Once you've improved your own
    conversions, develop a good training program and show affiliates how to make money, then you can start to attract affiliates.

You can get affiliates by googling (is that a word? :P) your industry search terms. You are looking for people who have websites and who have email lists. This way
    you'll find the people with the websites that are highly ranked. Then you simply send them a jv proposal by email or ring them up.

Or even better, go outside your industry, see who is offering a high ticket item (like a high priced seminar, info product etc) and offer one of your products as a bonus.
    There's just one catch. You have to test it, to see if it will work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast