Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting Up Businesses

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @Ian, you're quite right, I have become very civil and nice to customers. These days I bend over backwards to make them happy, often at my own expense. Perceptions change dramatically when one's interaction with customers affect your own bottom line and not that of "the boss"

2. Thanks given for this post:

Miro Bagrov (23-Jan-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    lol.

You guys have killed me. lol.
    A new business must firstly be centered around a popular and highly demanded product.
    Rubbish - what about services and what about invention
    It's true rubbish. Or maybe I did not explain:
    What I am saying there is: Do not confuse your hobby with a business. Maybe you "LIKE" burgers, maybe you are "GOOD" at cooking burgers, that does not mean you should SELL burgers, because maybe people want PIZZA!
    And maybe not yourself - but many less hardcore people make this mistake
    To the current market structure, a new entrant is like a rock falling out of the sky, since he has had time to prepare his entry.
    ...and he has no name or reputation...
    That is correct - however, he has the ability of playing on the other's reputation weakness. Take Capitec and how much of the market they captured simply by using the word "cheap" and doing it.
    A simple rule: Be there first, as cheap as possible, with the best product possible, and with as much product as needed, and you don't have to worry about who else is operating there.

I'm brutally honest. I would far rather have somebody tell me that what I am doing is rubbish than carry on under the false belief that it is good.
    For sure.. And much of these books out there are definitely aimed at failure. When I say "go for a product that's easy to sell", I say more common truth than a whole book.
    You mentioned innovation: this is very very important, since without it we would be no-where. But the average man, forgive me, is not innovative. Maybe they are innovative. Maybe they just don't have the money or time to practice innovation.
    Either way - A guy can make money without being innovative... Example: Roman Abramovich. Not innovative. Not poor.

I will apologise for my writing style (and anyone injured by it ): I that I will definitely read a book on

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Ah, it makes a lot more sense when you explain it the way you just did. I think the problem is that you clearly know what you mean when you write, but we read what you write, not what you mean. I think that if you write in the same style as you just did, explaining your thoughts as you did, people would enjoy reading it a lot more. We are doff, use words to paint a picture....like you just did...

Thanks
    Maybe, he just wanted to share one of his idea on one part not the whole business.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12