On 21October 2011 a sales person from Daves Car Sales showed me an Audi A3 2.0T on sale. After test driving the car and showing an interest in I specifically asked him

whether the car was involved in an accident before. He assured me that the car had not been involved in an accident. On 22 October 2011 my uncle went to their premises

to view the car. He also asked the sales person if the car had been involved in any accident that might have resulted in panel beating and the answer was negative. After

purchasing the car and taking delivery, sent the car to an Audi Dealership for service with a specific instruction on whether there any tell tales of the car having been

involved in an accident. To my shock and surprise, the report I got indicated that the car had indeed been in an accident and that the work done on it was not sanctioned

under the Audi warranty as should have been the case. I would like to understand from them if this misrepresentation was done with their knowledge and in either case what

redress you would see fit as their faithful customer who took their representative's word as honest and based my decision to acquire the vehicle under that

understanding. If the car was in an accident I would not have bothered at all. The car is barely a month old in my possession.

The dealership in question then told me to take up my concern with the IDA. After having doing so, they came back to me and informed me that the owner's wife had

knocked the car.

The IDA said i need to take back the car which i agreed but the dealership wants to charge me R16 467 which is a large amount for me to be paying to for a car which

has quite simply caused me pain and suffering due to their negligence and dishonesty. In the sales agreement I was told that the car had never been in an accident and

now I am expected to either live with the car in the condition that it's in or return the car and pay the dealership for the inconvenience they have caused me.

This is how the dealership came up to that figure:

Value of vehicle R 169 950,00

SARS fixed cost R 66440

Period of ownership 3 Months

Factor 3 Divided by 12 = 0.25

Kilometres covered 7482

Fixed cost x factor 66440 x 0.25 = 16610 divided by 7482 kms

= 2.2c per kilometre = Usage cost for customer account.

Thus the amount that can be claimed for usage of the vehicle is R16467

To pay over R 5 489.00 pm for "rental" of a car that I bought in good faith with the dealership is ridiculous. My monthly instalments on the car is not that much, how can I

be expected to pay more than double for the car?

When I had approached the dealership I was looking to buy a car, yet somehow this has now turned out to be a rental. Had I known the condition of the car I would not

have purchased it.

I am really upset about this as I had made the dealership aware of my fault finding in the car a mere 3 weeks after purchasing it.