so i get brand new telkom adsl router...because of the problem they had last week with their network..i heard today while at telkom service centre...there still seems to be a lot more issues they anyone is talking about...i was listening to people cancealing contracts and complaining about the same issue i had...couldnt log on...they told me it was because my bandwidth was used up so we did a check...i had only used 3 meg of 8 gig...so they changed my username and password which in turn caused my email to stop working went in twice to have it reset and reactivated...but thats not why i started this thread.

i went into the service centre to enquire about my new router securty...it turns out the new netgear router which they are distributing is not supoported by telkom...so now you have to cantact a private company for assistance...which means you have to pay for the call...which i dont have a problem with so long as they answer ther phone within an hour...been trying for a period of time on and off and still havent managed to get thru...it keeps indicating there is a technical problem and i must try again later.

i am not happy with the service can i return the router and canceal the 24 month contract i signed last week with telkom...there is nothing worse than having to wait 45 minutes for support then to be told i must contact a private company on 0126580480 for them to tell me that there is a dedicated router support number 0860266344 and then they dont answer their phone...

you cannot get support like the old 105 router they were using...you could just log in using 10.0.02 on and they could run tests...change setting etc...apparently not with the new router...well not according to telkom service centre staff.

these other cellphone wireless uncapped routers are starting to sound like a better opition...ranging between R200 and R300

i have been hearing a lot of complaint about telkom uncapped...people getting emails with them complaing about them using more than 100 gig in a month.

mweb is also starting to sound like a better option

any ideas.