Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brand new motorcycle - Faulty

Suspended
    Thanks
    Good for you Wayne - sounds like the problem is on the right track. But whatever they say caused the problem, the fact remains that you picked up the bike and rode it home, and on the way home it packed up - now if this is the case, then they should have made sure there was oil etc in the bike for you to get home. If it is another problem then that is their responsibility anyway and you should accept nothing less than a new bike if it has affected the engine. If it is a samll thing that perhaps just made the bike cut out then that is another story. Good luck - keep us updated.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    And during this time, while the problem is being identified, what are you using as transport?
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    I am lucky enough to have a car, the bike is for fun

So thing are not going well.

Honda SA says they are not prepared to help me out at all, since I didn't buy it from an authorized dealer, fair enough, but still thanks for nothing.

The dealer I bought it from not answering his phone, no surprises, he is quite happy for Honda to do the warrentee repairs and see the back of me.

The bank says I can cancel the contract and get a refund from the dealer, however the dealer can charge me admin costs for the sales and since he has to sell the bike second-hand that loss aswell, no limits. I asked the guy at the bank R5k? yep R10k? yep, whatever he wants. Plus I will never get my R20k I paid into his bank as deposit.

So now what?

Phoned the NCC (they enforce the CPA), they said to send them an email with the complaint and some supporting documents, so that's what I am doing.
    NCC says it can take a month to resolve, time I have, all I want is what I paid for: A new bike free from defects.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So how can an unauthorized dealer be selling a new bike from Honda?

Hmmm seems Hellopeter will be quite damaging, both to the Honda and the company that sold the bike.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Just come into some more information regarding the origins of the bike.

Does anyone have any contact details for a lawyer? PM me

Suspended
    Thanks
    Its now time to name and shame the dealer ! Its time to join Quadtorque, bikeforum etc etc and tell everyone your saga and its time to tell the dealer that you are going to do it and tell him that it is going to damage sales for him. Too many people out there including bike dealers think they can just do a sale and think that they dont have to have backup service including looking after a customer that a bike has broken on.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb View Post
    Its now time to name and shame the dealer ! Its time to join Quadtorque, bikeforum etc etc and tell everyone your saga and its time to tell the dealer that you are going to do it and tell him that it is going to damage sales for him. Too many people out there including bike dealers think they can just do a sale and think that they dont have to have backup service including looking after a customer that a bike has broken on.
    Hi Kevin,

I understand what you are saying, not going to name and shame yet, need to speak to a lawyer. (not being dramatic, it's quite serious claims).

I have been posting here http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=88517.0 one of the biggest bike forums.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nice thread going there (and looks like a great site too).

The story is that the bike was bought from a Honda dealer in Bloemfontein by some guy who exports bikes into Africa, however he didn't export this bike but sold it to the guy who in turn sold it to me, ROTTEN!
    That does sound a bit dodge - I wonder if someone is up to tricks with VAT somewhere in that sequence.

However, I don't see it affecting the "chain of supply" provisions of the CPA. The entire chain of supply is on the hook and it's up to them to wriggle their way off it.

If Honda SA manages to wriggle off the hook, I want to know who their lawyer was. I might need him or her one day

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12