Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you destress

Thanks
    Hi Wynn Long time!

I shaved it all off. Much less maintenance and much less stress :P (No such thing as a bad hair day any more!)
    Norio De Sousa - Just1.co.za (Cheap web hosting & website builder)
    Maxiware CC Reg no. 2000/048244/23 (Maxiware CC)

Thanks
    I likeI like to goto the Kruger National Park once a year, for a week or two - depending on circumstances around me. It does me good and my family loves the outing. We love nature and wildlife as well so it's really worth the extra 2hours drive. Plust, reception is only really possible in, or close to camps so I generally don't have reception for a good part of the day either.
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

Suspended
    Thanks
    my plan for this year...got my bicycle already and a few mates who are keen to cycle

fishing and fast motor cycles were the way to destress in the past...

after watching top gear (vietnam) i has decided to start looking for a small motor bike(125- 500 cc)...fix it up and go on short sight seeing rides...for example take a weekend then head up thru the back roads... stopping as much as possible to enjoy the views...did over 50000 km on my super bike...but never got to see much...so this time a small bike with a group of friends sounds like a fun...destress adventure...my plan is to start off with a small bike...then get a trailer...which can take 4 bikes...travel to further destinations...unload the bikes then ride to a point stay over night then ride till lunch time load up and head home...doing back roads only....no freeways.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    my plan for this year...got my bicycle already and a few mates who are keen to cycle

fishing and fast motor cycles were the way to destress in the past...

after watching top gear (vietnam) i has decided to start looking for a small motor bike(125- 500 cc)...fix it up and go on short sight seeing rides...for example take a weekend then head up thru the back roads... stopping as much as possible to enjoy the views...did over 50000 km on my super bike...but never got to see much...so this time a small bike with a group of friends sounds like a fun...destress adventure...my plan is to start off with a small bike...then get a trailer...which can take 4 bikes...travel to further destinations...unload the bikes then ride to a point stay over night then ride till lunch time load up and head home...doing back roads only....no freeways.
    I have a similar idea, I have old rusty car I am going to restore throughout the year. Will make it an automatic and add an air-con. Then just hit it… find a road and follow it see where I end up.

No destination just driving as far as I can…
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i did a trip into mozambique a couple years ago...got a visa...loaded a boat and as much petrol as we got fit...headed across the border and just travelled until we found a spot to crash...spent a couple days in various location with no set date or time to return...man what a way to destress...no cellphones...no internet...just diving equipment...fishing tackle...baggies...a hat and slops...spent early mornings and late nights on the beach watching the sun come up and go down...drank lots of the local beer...and just did what we wanted to to as it happened...when we had enough we packed up and came home...we were there for a couple of weeks.

Suspended
    Thanks
    teco...one of the site seeing trips will be a a muscle car...like an old mustang V8...preferably a convertable...i dont know when it is going to happen but...the bike trips will start this year...i have just got back from site...i managed to finalise my last 2011 project today...from monday i start 2012 work...i have managed to get in enough work to keep me busy until june this year...the builders arrived back at work on thursday...which has been a blessing for me because i hadnt finished last years work until today...i only had christmas day and news day off last year...so my plan is to stagger my time off throughout the year...i will take 4 day weekends...lots of them this year...which will give me the opitunity to do my bike travels.

i was gona tavel to the usa and hire a car...then just see where i end up...hopefully doing a fishing trip on one of the their lakes...but instead of wasting all that money...there are plenty sites to see in SA...i have been to cape 3 times for work but never got to spend a day off site seeing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The car I am planning to restore is a big old Volkswagen Passat. She is in a bit of a state and it is going to take some time before she will be running again. But there is nothing I would rather do then to work on good old car restoring it.

Plans include a new 2L motor "import" as she is almost 2 tons of car. Then a nice auto-box and air-con. I am also fitting in several systems like good sound system GPS and so on. Raising the suspension a bit I think will be a plus as I might need it.

I nearly killed myself on a bike so I am not keen to ride one anymore.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    i was gona tavel to the usa and hire a car...then just see where i end up...hopefully doing a fishing trip on one of the their lakes...but instead of wasting all that money...there are plenty sites to see in SA...i have been to cape 3 times for work but never got to spend a day off site seeing.
    If you have not seen South Africa, you have seen nothing yet! We truly have the world in one country. Some of it not as grand, but some even better! Grand Canyon? Fish river canyon and Augrabies; Utah? Valley of desolation, Graaff Reinet, the tranquility of the Karoo; Switzerland? Franschoek in winter, Drakensberg, Hogsback; Sahara? Kgalagadi (Kalahari) National Park; Rhine and Rhone valleys? Cape winelands; the Mediterranean? Clifton and the Cape beaches.

The Eastern Transvaal as well as the Garden Route gives you lakes and mountains. The Knysna forest. Our game parks are world renowned. Hluhluwe, Kruger, Addo Elephant Park. Table Mountain, Kirstenbosch, Cape Point.

Our diverse cultures that can be experienced in Durban, Soweto, die Bo-Kaap. Different food from Italian to Indian and the traditional South African Braai. No matter what, we still live in Paradise. Experience it!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    My idea of destressing is jumping on my bike and just ride for a few hours. I also have a holiday house a couple of hours away so I often just pack up the family on Friday afternoon and disappear for the weekend.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sun City is my ultimate recharge! It offers everything you may possibly want to do, including Pilanesberg nature reserve (with the big 5). And besides, it's only an hour away from here, so getting there is also stressfree.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast