Thread: telkom adsl

Suspended
    Thanks

telkom adsl

for those of you who think you are going nuts...yes there is a major problem with telkom sa adsl since last week already....it just got worse on saturday to a point that some people lost their usernames and passwords ...etc.

i had been having issues with connecting to various sites and just thought it was my laptop...but on saturday i reported a line fault because the last 2 lights on my router would not work...they tested the line and indicated that there was not a problem...what i couldnt understand was that the telephone was working but not the internet/adsl...so i took my router back to telkom to be tested...older than 4 years so i decided to replace and sign a new 24 month contract...then the router is free (or so they tell you) we connected the new router and tried to reconnect...but no luck...so i had to get a new password and username...which still didnt work...the people at telkom realised that it was a network issue....so i laughed it off and left...later on on saturday afternoon i tried again...and it connected to local site but not .com sites.

the on monday i got a call to say my emails were being rejected...so i headed back to telkom...by the way i have learnt that it is quicker and less frustrating going into the branch than trying to call the help line...if you have the patients to wait 45 min for someone to answer the phone then good for you...my forehead has normall got a bruise from the desk by the time i am finished the call....from the frustration...going into the branch "at the right time" seems to be a solutions.

i have had it all reset again and it is work...but no outgoing mail still...there seems to still be a problem with this.

at least i kow what is happening so i can send emails from my gmail account..when i need to.

telkom is gona take a big knock "if"neotel ever gets off the ground offers a better service...which i am sure they are gona try...the problem will be the same as all the other big companies...once they have enough customers rolling thru their system i am sure it will get as bad as mtn...vodocom...virgin...telkom...cell c and all the other big networks...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I hate to wait more than a minute or to when dealing with a call centre. Telkom offers to call you back if you do not want to wait and listen to all the crap they have recorded. Try it, it works!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Suspended
    Thanks
    i have...they call you back then put you on hold or by the time they call me back i have already left the office...which doesnt help....and i am the secretary(hair legs and all) so there is nobody to sort it out.

going to the branch has proved to be the most productive...the last call centre person hashed my settings...which i have since rectified at the branch...sometimes you get lucky and the person helping knows their stuff...but you take a chance now i go to the branch and only deal withthe same person...we log on make everything work then i leave.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    I don't use adsl because its been almost 2 years since I applied for a line and everytime they tell me somebody will call me, so I gave up on them. I had Neotel internet for 2 weeks of which I was able to use it for about an hour all together, I was annoyed and returned the phone, they took it back and apparently everyrithing was sorted until I found out I was blacklisted for not paying my Neotel account, I then went to their offices at 8:00 in the morning only to find out they actually start work at 9:00. I made a huge scene and managed to solve the problem, but I will never use them again. I've been on 3G and happy with it, these days it is affordable.
    ---There is no traffic at the extra mile---

Suspended
    Thanks
    i have a 3 gig sim in my netbook...works great but expensive to keep topping up...other problem is every 3 months i have to take it out and make 1 x 5 minute call otherwise i loose the number...or have to re fice the sim...the data bundle is not regarded as airtime...regardless of the fact that i reload R180 each time within 3 months

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I think you kinda missing the plot here.

LARGE providers like Telkom, Neotel or MWeb is going to mean you deal with various levels of support, and escalations until you get your issue solved. It is that simple. We had 7 personal apply from ONE large provider when I advertised a job for support personal .... not one of them even made it through CV screening. We had 3 apply from another, only 1 made it to interview stage and failed miserably to even answer half the questions on the questionnaire despite them having multiple "qualifications".

Smaller provides can give much better service, alot of the time personalized, and alot of the time you speak to key personal (don't go too small, 3-5+ staff at least). I'm pretty sure there are many IT providers on here which would be more than willing to help you out.

We provide services to ISP's ... I talk to them every day, we get forwarded emails from end-users and we see how people migrate between providers and if we see "reason:" blocks filled in on forwarded documents, we see why. Smaller provider clients are much more loyal and happy on average. If you think waiting 1hr , maybe 4hr, maybe a day is acceptable .... by all means choose a large name brand.

Our outsourced callcenter solutions provided to a select number of clients has a average problem resolution time of 4 minutes, all the support personal have a shared communications platform where they can ask infrastructure engineers questions while on the phone to clients. THAT my friend is support. Although it does not come cheap to the ISP's....
    █► AllWorldIT ~ www.allworldit.com ~ International IT Solutions
    █► Wholesale ADSL & Hosting, VPNs, Firewalls, Online Backups