Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: multiplugs

Thanks
    How about a spanner in the works?
    Why is the motor regarded as part of the COC?
    Although the COC covers the circuits of appliances such appliances do not form part of the COC.

I have yet to come across a multiplug wired with 2.5mm cable.

As for readyboards, I was hopping mad the beginning of last year about the 1.5mm "plug circuit" in the ready board supplied by a 20Amp CB. SABS stamp and all.

Suspended
    Thanks
    I really dont kow sparks ...... I just know that a coupla years ago we could wire a motor to a plugpoint in the garage ie plug it into a plug. Since then when someone want s to sell their house they need a coc and when the guy comes out that is one of the things they insist on changing (plugpont or breaker at the gate) .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb View Post
    I really dont kow sparks ...... I just know that a coupla years ago we could wire a motor to a plugpoint in the garage ie plug it into a plug. Since then when someone want s to sell their house they need a coc and when the guy comes out that is one of the things they insist on changing (plugpont or breaker at the gate) .
    Ja well the sparkie wants to make a bit more bucks for his trip to do the COC, and this is an easy way.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Not just a matter of making a few more bucks. The installers a few years ago were, as now, not all qualified electricians and most still do not all know the regs pertaining to fixed appliances.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Not just a matter of making a few more bucks. The installers a few years ago were, as now, not all qualified electricians and most still do not all know the regs pertaining to fixed appliances.

Yes I agree with you, but most of us installers that have been around for years have gone on courses etc etc. I would like to add to your statement that you get "qualified" sparkies out there who also do not know what to do - I have seen some of their work and in one or two instances have redone the work because of shoddy workmanship. You certainly learn over the years do do a job right - no shortcuts - do it right the first time and you will benefit from the good job.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Sparks - you asked me a few postings ago why the motor is regarded as part of the COC ? - Can you give me an answer on that question please ?

Thanks
    Unfortunately you are quite correct about "qualified" sparkies. The industry is in a terrible state.

Regarding the fixed appliances i am referring to "Note 3 of the Test Report: This report covers the circuits for fixed appliances, but does not cover the actual appliances, for example stoves, geysers, aircondition and refrigeration plant and lights."

You will also notice that in section 3, you are requested to provide details of "fixed appliance" circuitry but, you are not requested to specify how many of each type of appliance has been installed.

Email problem
    Thanks
    it also doesnt cover light fittings, however in compliance inspections i check the fittings and repair or replace. i havent had a seller complain yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.