Poll: Old School Music is cool

Thread: Old school music is cool!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Cool Old school music is cool!

Hi guys,

I have a vast collection of music both old school and the latest. Even though I like Usher, Chris Brown, Jason Derallo, Lady gaga and Kattie Perry etc[the list goes on], there's only so much satisfaction that you get from listening to their music. In my opinion, such music is not timeless and universal and has a ‘sell by date.’ I’m starting this thread to revisit the songs of my youth. Many friends have asked me to post certain ‘old school tracks,’ that mean something to them. Time permitting I will. My favourite genre is reggae music. I fell in love with reggae in the summer of 1987. I’m hoping that the songs featured in this thread will bring back pleasant memories for many..

There are timeless and universal tracks that never go out of fashion and always move you. Remember Clarence Carter and " I got caught making love to another man's wife" or Barry Whites, "Let me live my life loving you"
    I'll leave you with the words of this timeless classic:-

"Baby you know I think we all need to
    take an inventory of
    Our love, our feelings
    Whats involved with that with that special lady or that special someone
    when I say we all need to talk about
    all men
    all the brothers of the world the black brothers the white brothers and the brown brothers and the red brothers
    cause you know basicly that all women are the same and we need to
    we need to take in consideration that
    that women is
    Gods greatest gift to man
    and we need to take in consideration that 9 out of 10 times they will be and they will do anything we want them to you know it dosent take much to give them flowers a simple card that says I love you somewhere that they say baby I need you you know that’s why I’m so in love and so wraped up in you baby because I can give you what God gave me the only thing that I feel that I really own for life That I live in to you I give this life and my love. You know why. Just because the love I found in you I feel this way Never had a dream come true not until the day you came into my life and made it awful sweet girl you did it all you did it all for me. Please let me live my life lovin you girl For the rest of my life my life close to you girl. No one but you girl. I really got my love you got my heart and soul for ever. The greatest story ever told how we loved each other When the people talk they will smile and say say were the only ones who made all the way Hay let me live my life lovin you you babe all the rest of my life belongs to you babe Let me honey let me live my life my life my life whoo babe whoo babe whoo babe I wish that I could find another way to show show how I really feel how much I love you so Oh let me live my life lovin you babe the rest of my life love to you babe. So I give all that I have to give to you for just as long as you as you want me to Everything baby The air I breath The love I need on ever thing is everything is you Only you baby Only you I guess you could even say is just another way to say I love you . I need you I want you Let me live my life lovin you The rest of my life my life lovin you babe" Barry White
    Last edited by Dave A; 16-Aug-14 at 04:02 PM. Reason: per user request
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus