And the sign flashed out its warning
    In the words that it was forming
    And the sign said, "The words of the prophets
    Are written on the subway walls
    And tenement halls
    And whispered in the sounds of silence"
    Album cover[1]
    Video source[2]

[1] Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sound_of_Silence (Date of use 28 January 2021)

[2] Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAEppFUWLfc (date of use 28 January 2021)
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

4. Thanks given for this post:

Andrew Stones (29-Jan-21)

Thanks
    I thoroughly enjoy creating these fictitious narratives.

Captain’s log 27 January 2021

Star fleet command has placed me on a sabbatical. They say that I can’t cross my t’s and dot my I’s.

They not overly concerned with my logs. They say that this is a personal diary and that I can write in it ‘just anyhow.’

They insist, however, that my reports to them contain simple sentences with a subject, object and verb. Furthermore they insist that I learn the proper meaning and application of: puns, clichés, similes, metaphors, personification, allusion, alliteration, assonance, onomatopoeia, rhymes, antithesis, oxymoron, paradox, irony, sarcasm, satire, parody, appropriation, epigram, hyperbole, utotes, euphemism, innuendo, climax, anti-climax, rhetorical questions, synecdoche, metonymy, malapropism, spoonerism, colloquialism, slang, jargon, politically correct language, subjectivity and objectivity, fact and opinion, denotation and connotation, bias/prejudice, and sensationalism.

It’s just gone 15:20 and my pets the doves, sparrows and pigeons are constantly nearby as I can hear them.

My benevolent muse SEPTUM NULLA DUO is constantly in the background.

For reasons unbeknown to me, I think about two very specific songs Neil Diamond’s ‘Amazed and confused,’ and Eric Carmen’s ‘Hungry Eyes.’

I constantly think about MEDICUS PHAENOMENON ANGLICUS CERASUS. Thinking aloud I recite some tantalizing lyrics. “I've been meaning to tell you, I've got this feelin' that won't subside, I look at you and I fantasize. You're mine tonight, Now I've got you in my sights, With these hungry eyes.

Starfleet command have given me this device called Face Album Show Case. It allows me to see the eyes of MEDICUS PHAENOMENON ANGLICUS CERASUS. Deep within the hurricane room of my mind I say ‘at least we look at the same sun, stars and sky. I like the constellation Aries very much. It’s my favorite constellation.

Just then my mistress URIS PHILOSOPHIA looks at me disapprovingly and says:

“ Has a lot really changed? Is it really correct that there has be more change in the past 20 years than the previous 200? Think about the sun that you just mentioned!

I look at her quizzically and say

“ Over all these thousands of years it’s still the very same earth moving around the very same sun. Societies have come and gone but we still don’t have universal social cohesion. This too has not changed in thousands of years. The two things that have not changed at all is the fact that it’s the very same earth revolving around the very same sun and the human species still has not attained universal social cohesion.”

Neil Diamond: Amazed and confused: 1980: Lyrics and video

Somebody's waitin' on the River Jordan
    Somebody's waitin' on the other side
    I cast my stones on the way to Heaven
    But on the way you know that I will abide
    Yes, on the way you know that I will abide
    Yeah, walk that line boy
    I'm amazed, I'm confused
    I've been dazed, (yeah), I've been used
    Take me home to that golden river
    Take me back to that other shore
    I'll find my way
    To that peaceful playground
    I know I'll find it
    'Cause I've been there before
    I know I'll find it
    'Cause I've been there before
    Somebody's callin' 'cross the River Jordan
    Somebody's callin' from the other side
    I cast my stones on the way to Heaven
    And on the way you know that I will abide
    Yes, on the way you know that I will abide
    Hey, welcome to the new world boys
    I'm amazed, I'm confused
    I've been dazed, yeah, I've been used
    I'm amazed and I'm confused
    I've been dazed, yeah
    Yes, I've been used
    Amazed, yeah
    Oh yes, oh yes

Hungry Eyes: Eric Carmen: 1987: Lyrics and Video

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hungry_Eyes.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	8116

I've been meaning to tell you
    I've got this feelin' that won't subside
    I look at you and I fantasize
    You're mine tonight
    Now I've got you in my sights
    With these hungry eyes
    One look at you and I can't disguise
    I've got hungry eyes
    I feel the magic between you and I
    I want to hold you so hear me out
    I want to show you what love's all about
    Darlin' tonight
    With these hungry eyes
    One look at you and I can't disguise
    I've got hungry eyes
    I feel the magic between you and I
    I've got hungry eyes
    With those hungry eyes
    Now did I take you by surprise
    I need you to see
    This love was meant to be
    I've got hungry…

Album cover[1]
    Video 1 source[2]
    Video source 2[3]

[1] Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungry_Eyes (date of use 29 January 2021).

[2] Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlyOpuwml30 (Date of use 29 January 2021).

[3] Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ssCL292DQA (date of use 29 January 2021).
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    John Lennon, shadows on the wall and Plato’s allegory of the cave[B][U]

Captain’s log star date 2 February 2021

""The sun is shining, the weather is sweet.'

I conclude that only wealthy people can study towards a LLM and LLD.
    John Lennon, shadows on the wall and Plato’s allegory of the cave

Plato is a metaphysical thinker.[1]

In Book V11 of the Republic, Plato challenges us to a thought experiment.
    Plato used this allegory to demonstrate that the way we perceive anything is not always reliable or accurate. He convinces us that the way we perceive the world as it is are shadows of what he calls the real things. He is bold enough to state that only philosophers can see the real things which are the ideals (have thought about where the word ‘idealism,’ came from?? It came from right here!!!!!). He is unsympathetic enough to boldly state that so called ‘ordinary people,’ only see the shadows of the ideals but are incapable of seeing the ideals.[2]
    B Joweh, professor of law at Oxford in 1881, translates Plato’s Greek and states as follows: “And now, I said, let me show in a figure how our nature is enlightened or unenlightened.”[3]

[4]He asks us to think away our lives as we know it. He urges us, for the sake of the thought experiment, to imagine a set of facts in a given scenario in which we the reader of the Republic is now placed.[5] Plato challenges us to visualize a cave, in which we are prisoners from childhood.[6]He most likely imported this imagery from the so called dark underworld. Our legs and neck is chains in such a manner that we can only see in front of us.[7] The dank gloomy stone wall is all we can see. It is dark. Plato now expands the thought experiment. He challenges us to visualize an entrance to the cave which is quite a distance from the cave.[8] The entrance is behind us. We cannot see through the entrance because of the way we are chained. Outside of this cave a fire blazes. People with objects in their hands are behind this fire. These objects are puppets, carved statues of various animals.[9] These people move up and down parallel to the fire. The prisoners inside this cave cannot see these people. They only see the shadows of these people on the wall in front of them. They also see the reflection of the various puppets and animal statues as shadow on the cave wall in front of them.
    Plato says that they cannot see the real things. He postulates that only philosophers can see the real things and ordinary people according to his understanding only see the shadows. Of course many other scholars have used the allegory of the cave to explain all srts and manner of things.
    The very potent punch line is that when these prisoners are suddenly released from captivity and see the sky, sun, animals, trade, homes, shops and the like for the very first time they become so overwhelmed that this person will be in a complete state of shock not really knowing how to react!! This person may actually feel safer reverting back to the shadows on the wall rather than seeing the real things. The allegory of the cave is a Herculean portrayal of advancement up the divided line, however, the epistemological thesis of the book of Republic is not dependent upon this portrayal.[10]

COMMENT: I had this very experience between December 2017 up to and including May 2018. To compound matters I had to contend with a paradox emerged in another paradox. The second paradox was enveloped by a third paradox. This third paradox contained several ‘absolute truths,’ and was hidden in a fourth paradox in which extensive classical and operational conditioning was a daily occurrence.)
    In the actual dialogue that Plato has with Glaucon the foolowing sentiments are exchanged.(Most of Plato’s works are in a dialogue format. In brief he has a dialogue with a seemingly intelligent person but by the time the conversation is concluded the person is having a dialogue with feels like an utter and complete fool).

And do you see, I said, men passing along the wall carrying all sorts of vessels, and various materials, which appear over the wall? Some of them are talking, others silent.[11]
    You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners.[12]
    Like ourselves, I replied; and they see only their own shadows, or the shadows of one another, which the fire throws on the opposite wall of the cave?[13]
    Very true.
    True, he said; how could they se anything but the shadows if they were never allowed to move their heads?[14]
    And of the objects which are being carried in like manner they would only see the shadows?

Yes, he said.
    And if they were to converse with one another, would they not suppose that they were naming what was actually before them?

Plato’s allegory has been used in numerous disciplines.

I'll share something with you that you probably not are of even if you in your final year of law school or even working towards a masters of law in legal philosophy. Most of the books on Plato, including books entitled the Republic are in academic narrative form. The author explains things. They do so by firstly translating the Greek to English and then transforming the dialogues into a narrative. Plato mostly spoke in dialogues. There is always something philosophical to learn from each dialogue. For me I just love the way Plato makes the person he is having a dialogue with feel like an utter and complete fool. Moreover the recipient has absolutely nothing further to say and simply has to concede defeat.

In John Lennon’s case he is simply saying that he doesn’t want to see the real things. These real things are war, civil war, poverty, racial discrimination, famine and unequal societies. John Lennon is content with seeing ‘shadows,’ on the wall. Anyone that can barricade themselves into an existence such as a mansion is not really in touch with what is taking place out there. “He who feels it knows it.” As such the human species are capable of creating their own realities.

John Lennon: Watching the wheels: 1981:lyrics and video

Name:  Watching_the_Wheels_(John_Lennon_single_-_cover_art).jpg
Views: 999
Size:  15.9 KB

People say I'm crazy
    Doing what I'm doing
    Well, they give me all kinds of warnings
    To save me from ruin
    When I say that I'm okay, well they look at me kinda strange
    "Surely, you're not happy now, you no longer play the game"
    People say I'm lazy
    Dreaming my life away
    Well they give me all kinds of advice
    Designed to enlighten me
    When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall
    "Don't you miss the big time boy, you're no longer on the ball?"
    I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
    I really love to watch them roll
    No longer riding on the merry-go-round
    I just had to let it go
    Ah, people asking questions
    Lost in confusion
    Well, I tell them there's no problem
    Only solutions
    Well, they shake their heads and they look at me, as if I've lost my mind
    I tell them there's no hurry, I'm just sitting here doing time
    I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
    I really love to watch them roll
    No longer riding on the merry-go-round
    I just had to let it go
    I just had to let it go
    I just had to let it go

Video source[15]
    Album cover[16]

[1] See FN 14 Peterson S Socrates and philosophy in the dialogues of Plato (Cambridge University Press 2011) p 222.

[2]Cornford FM The Republic of Plato (Oxford University Press 1941) p 366-369.

[3] Plato The republic of Plato EditorJoweh B (Oxford University Press) 1883 214.

[4]Cornford FM The Republic of Plato(Oxford University Press 1941) p 227.

[5] See FN 1.

[6] See FN 1.

[7]See FN 1.

[8]See FN 1.

[9]Cornford FM The Republic of Plato (Oxford University Press 1941) p 366-369.

[10] Kahn CH Plato and the post-Socratic dialogue (Cambridge University Press 2013) 220.

[11]Plato The republic of Plato EditorJoweh B (Oxford University Press) 1883 214.

[12] See FN 1.

[13] See FN 1.

[14]See FN 1.

[15]Youtube:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uVXR2LYeFBI(Date of use 2 February 2021).

[16] Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchi...cover_art).jpg (Date of use 2 February 2021).
    Last edited by Citizen X; 03-Feb-21 at 09:57 AM.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Bob Marley’s ‘three little birds,’, Rick Ashley’s Together forever,’ and Aristotle’s metaphor of the acorn

I’d like to take this opportunity to encourage you if you going through a personal challenge. Don’t cement yourself in any set back that life has placed you in because your potential is always there.

Don’t give up and perhaps most importantly “don’t worry about a thing cause everything is going to be alright!!!!

I felt dissolution this morning when I woke up. I decided to take a walk. On the side of the road I saw an acorn. I picked it up and my usual assumption train commenced!!!

Name:	20210218_120703.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	8138

Jealous people will always make malicious and defamatory remarks comprised of gossip and severe hearsay which they will never be able to prove against you!!

So take heart my fellow South African brother and sister “NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST YOU WILL PROSPER!”

After this assumption train reached its thinking end in my mind, I feel more motivated than I felt in my life!!!!!!

Aristotle’s metaphor of the acorn

Aristotle, Plato’s student, firmly believes that everything including the human being has a natural inclination towards which the human being constantly moves[1] He means that the human being is constantly striving to become what this human being is destined to become.[2]

To this end he defines destiny as an ultimate goal or telos.[3] He argues that even when a human being is not on his or her natural path of inclination striving towards what he or she ought to be, he or she nonetheless still has the very means and the potential to become what he or she is destined to become.[4] He uses a remarkable example! He argues that if an individual is a brilliant mathematician but asleep, this person is merely a sleeping mathematician who still possesses this brilliant mathematical ability but is simply asleep and therefore not using that ability at that given period of sleep.[5]

He uses another metaphor. This is his example of a builder. A builder still has the skillset needed to build even when he/she doesn’t have the bricks to do so and when the elements are not conducive to the task of building.[6]
    Aristotle argues that when being drunk, this builder will lose that building ability momentarily.

The skillset will return when being sober. Nothing can take the skillset away from this builder![7]
    This builder’s personal human development will still persist regardless of how she/he circumvent their destiny

Aristotle uses a metaphor by referring to an acorn as an example on numerous instances. He compares the journey of an acorn to the journey of a human being.

An acorn may on the first glance appear to be just an acorn, however, to the trained eye, this acorn has the natural inclination to become what it is destined to become which is an acorn tree.[8]
    Aristotle is no farmer. As such he is not providing the ideal weather and soil conditions for under which an acorn will either prosper or perish.[9]
    He states: “But the raw data supplied by observation are just that under different conditions different results occur (when there is this much sunlight and rain, acorns appear; when there is more sunlight and less rain, no acorns appear; when
    there is less sunlight and more rain, stunted growths appear). How is one to decide on the basis of such observations which capacity to attribute: which conditions are to be included in the content of the capacity, and which are to be seen as either enabling or preventative background conditions?”

His important point is that for a human being to reach his/her optimal potential the environment which this individual lives in is very important. Society will ultimately produce an individual who realizes his/her fullest potential simply if that environment is conducive to that individual.

Relying once again on the metaphor of the acorn, he states that even if the seedling is naturally deformed, deliberately deformed it is still nonetheless an oak tree in the making and not a deformed sampling![10]

I now modify alternatively develop Aristotle’s metaphor of the acorn to include the concept of two lovers being predestined to be with each other!!

Anyone can develop any legal philosopher’s hypothesis! You just need to be ‘anyone,’ and I certainly am just ‘anyone!’

Since the human being is continuously striving towards his/her destiny regardless of obstacles, so too can “two hearts,” strive over a period of time perhaps even a lifetime to be with each other when the time is right and when one or both of these lovers have reached their optimal potential.

Bob Marley: Three little birds: 1980: Lyrics and video

Name:	Bob_Marley_Three_Little_Birds.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	8139

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYi5aW1GdUU

"Don't worry about a thing
    'Cause every little thing gonna be all right
    Singin': "Don't worry about a thing
    'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin'
    Smile with the risin' sun
    Three little birds
    Pitch by my doorstep
    Singin' sweet songs
    Of melodies pure and true
    Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou")

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing
    'Cause every little thing gonna be all right"
    Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing
    'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin'
    Smiled with the risin' sun
    Three little birds
    Pitch by my doorstep
    Singin' sweet songs
    Of melodies pure and true
    Sayin', "This is my message to you-ou-ou:"

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, worry about a thing, oh!
    Every little thing gonna be all right. Don't worry!"
    Singin': "Don't worry about a thing" - I won't worry!
    "'Cause every little thing gonna be all right"

I won't worry!
    Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, oh no!
    “Let me hear your heart beat, let me feel your heart beat, cause I can change your heart beat!”

Name:	steoscope.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	8140

“And we’ll be together and this time is forever.”

“Woman, please understand the little child inside the man!”

“Romeo and Juliet never felt this way I bet!”

Rick Astley: Together forever: 1988:lyrics and video

Name:	RickAstleyTogetherForevercover.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	8141

If there's anything you need
    All you have to do is say
    You know you satisfy everything in me
    We shouldn't waste a single day

So don't stop me falling
    Its destiny calling
    A power I just can't deny
    It's never changing
    Can't you hear me, I'm saying
    I want you for the rest of my life

Chorus:
    Together forever and never to part
    Together forever we two
    And don't you know
    I would move heaven and earth
    To be together forever with you

If they ever get you down
    There's always something I can do
    Because I wouldn't ever wanna see you frown
    I'll always do what's best for you

There ain't no mistaking
    It's true love we're making
    Something to last for all time
    It's never changing

Chorus

So don't stop me falling
    It's destiny calling
    A power I just can't deny
    It's never changing

Album cover three little birds[11]

Video source[12]
    Album cover together forever[13]
    Video source[14]
    Steoscope[15]

[1] Makin Steven Aristotle methapysics book (CLARENDON PRESS · OXFORD
    2006) P xxix.

[2] See FN 1.

[3] See FN 1.

[4] See FN1.

[5] See FN1

[6] Makin Steven Aristotle methapysics book (CLARENDON PRESS • OXFORD
    2006) P 101.

[7] Makin Steven Aristotle methapysics book (CLARENDON PRESS • OXFORD
    2006) P 101.

[8] Makin Steven Aristotle methapysics book (CLARENDON PRESS • OXFORD
    2006) P 104.

[9] Makin Steven Aristotle methapysics book (CLARENDON PRESS • OXFORD
    2006) P 104.

[10] Makin Steven Aristotle methapysics book (CLARENDON PRESS • OXFORD
    2006) P 117.

[11] Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Little_Birds (Date of use 19 February 2021).

[12] Youtube:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYi5aW1GdUU (Date of use 19 February 2021).

[13] Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:R...revercover.jpg (Date of use 19 February 2021).

[14] Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPYZpwSpKmA (Date of use 19 February 2021).

[15] https://www.google.com/search?q=steo...F5_-KUmw2x16GM
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Not an old song but if anything it speaks volumes. Not sure if i posted this before but if i did so be it.

Lyrics

It's hard to say, that I'm back on a straight line
    You see my path is in fact just a fault line
    It's in my blood, it's in my lungs and it won't die
    I fight these words, I bite my tongue so I don't lie

Though it's me to blame
    There is no more shame in me, in me
    I just feel the same, immune to all this pain
    And the scars don't write a song for me at all

I am a stone, unaffected
    Rain hell down onto me
    Flesh and bone, unaffected
    Your fool I will not be

I am a stone, (I am a stone) unaffected
    Rain hell down onto me
    Flesh and bone, (I am a stone) unaffected
    Your fool I will not be

I try to see and believe in the short sight
    Accept the burn of a vain and a half-life
    And how you rest your faith in these for a lifetime
    That hollow lie against my hope that I won't buy

Though it's me to blame
    There is no more shame in me, in me
    I just feel the same, immune to all you say
    And the scars don't write a song for me at all

No your tears won't line a path for me to crawl

I am a stone, unaffected
    Rain hell down onto me
    Your fool I will not be

Rain hell down onto me
    Your fool I will not be

The waters rise above my eyes
    I will breathe it in and go out with the tide
    And when you think this is the end
    You will find me there where I have always been

I am a stone, unaffected
    Rain hell down onto me
    Your fool I will not be

I am a stone, unaffected
    Rain hell down onto me
    Your fool I will not be

Rain hell down onto me
    Your fool I will not be

I am a stone
    I am a stone

Source: Musixmatch
    Songwriters: Ryan Clark
    I Am a Stone lyrics © Spinning Audio Vortex Inc.

peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

9. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (22-Feb-21)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Not an old song but if anything it speaks volumes. Not sure if i posted this before but if i did so be it.

Very good morning to you Tec0 my brethren,

Please feel free to post anything you want to post on this thread! "I'm easy like a Sunday morning!"

In fact, might I suggest that you officially take over this thread?

I’m certain that DaveA can change everything to your name?

You will then have “carte blanche,” to post anything you deem appropriate!

Tec0, I’m not looking for fame and fortune, neither do I take credit for anything in life!

I take credit only for one fact namely that I am a human being and not an animal!

I have a few more intended posts to this thread. Let me explain.

Since my second love, a LLM in Legal Philosophy cannot be attained due to financial reasons; I’ve already discarded it to the rubbish bin of life and moved on.

I now have new ambition for earning a living which is yet to be realized. I assure you though, my brethren, that my new ambition will be realized just as clear as night follows day! The writing is on the wall so to speak.

I'm on a sabbatical. Thus far I'm exceeding my daily learning outcomes.

My POINT: I love being philosophical and really love writing anything relevant to legal philosophy. Since I can’t do a masters in legal philosophy, I will have posted several ‘articles,’ associated with a song.

I’ve been thinking a lot about John Locke lately. It’s all about an important pronoun “WE.”

I will reconcile John Locke’s social contract, and his specific ‘state of nature,’ with “We Are the World" by the super group USA for Africa in the eighties.

I will have done what no other writer has thus thought about! That is to amplify the legal philosopher's original works with old school songs.

I’m busy with my 4th reread of “two treatises of government.” Each time I revisit the original works of a legal philosophy I learn something new.

Anyway, on a FICTIONAL account, I've created a character called Captain X. Captain X is in love with a phenomeenal woman. He is currently reworking his life.

He has an appointment with Dr Suzanne Reid, Star fleet Management’s group doctor.

He has been ordered to take a HIV test.

He knows it’s negative as they made him take a test in June 2019, it came back negative!

That said, the narrative to come between the aforementioned fictional characters in due course speaks volumes.

Please excuse “typographical,” errors herein!!! I don’t know why, but spell checker, seems to underline certain words and place it in bold. I’m certain I got the spelling correct. I’ll check later as time permits. Spellchecker shouldn't just underline an incorrectly spelled word???Go figure

Act 3 scene 5

KING HENRY
    We are in God’s hand, brother, not in theirs.

Captain X's log early February 2021.

King Henry V Act 4 Scene 3

Captain X, on parallel Earth. This parallel planet is an exact replica of Earth. Mutants have emerged and taken over this planet. Humans here are in the minority. is trying in earnest to inform a mutant by the name of Adooomoni, that he Captain X, has the very same inner directed strength as King Henry V just before the battle at Agincourt! This mutant on Parallel Earth is trying to defame Captain X in both the criminal courts and civil court!This is in letter and spirit of course and never in actual conduct.

A gentleman always demonstrates emotional maturity and self-control. I wouldn’t want dale Carnegie to fail me on “winning friends and influencing people” after all!

Captain X, though genuinely otherwise engaged, is equal to the task, and so far this mutant is failing dismally
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  11.5 KB
    Though outnumbered and otherwise engaged, he is willing to engage in a legal battle. To challenge this mutant in a manner fully respectful of the law.

He tries to express the following, in contemporary terms, to this mutant who looks worse than bebop, weighs more than Beebop and nothing can be more painful than to hear him speak. Absolutely nothing!!!! he is not human after-all. He is a mutant.

WESTMORELAND O, that we now had here
    But one ten thousand of those men in England
    That do no work today.
    KING HENRY
    What’s he that wishes so?
    My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin.
    If we are marked to die, we are enough
    To do our country loss; and if to live,
    The fewer men, the greater share of honor.
    God’s will, I pray thee wish not one man more.
    By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
    Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
    It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
    Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
    But if it be a sin to covet honor,
    I am the most offending soul alive.
    No, ’faith, my coz, wish not a man from England.
    God’s peace, I would not lose so great an honor
    As one man more, methinks, would share from me,
    For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
    Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
    That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
    Let him depart. His passport shall be made,
    And crowns for convoy put into his purse.
    We would not die in that man’s company
    That fears his fellowship to die with us.
    This day is called the feast of Crispian.
    Beebop picture[1]

[1] https://www.google.com/search?q=beeb...sct8Gntg:16139
    Last edited by Citizen X; 23-Feb-21 at 09:04 AM. Reason: can't correct error "phenomeenal"
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen X View Post
    The Power Of Love: Huey Lewis and the news:1985: Lyrics and video

"The power of love is a curious thing
    Make a one man weep, make another man sing
    Change a hawk to a little white dove
    More than a feeling that's the power of love

Tougher than diamonds, rich like cream
    Stronger and harder than a bad girl's dream
    Make a bad one good make a wrong one right
    Power of love that keeps you home at night

You don't need money, don't take fame
    Don't need no credit card to ride this train
    It's strong and it's sudden and it's cruel sometimes
    But it might just save your life
    That's the power of love
    That's the power of love

First time you feel it, it might make you sad
    Next time you feel it it might make you mad
    But you'll be glad baby when you've found
    That's the power makes the world go'round

And it don't take money, don't take fame
    Don't need no credit card to ride this train
    It's strong and it's sudden it can be cruel sometimes
    But it might just save your life

They say that all in love is fair
    Yeah, but you don't care
    But you know what to do
    When it gets hold of you
    And with a little help from above
    You feel the power of love
    You feel the power of love
    Can you feel it ?
    Hmmm"

Salve, MEDICUS PHAENOMENON ANGLICUS CERASUS

De potenti caritatis virtute. PLANS NIHIL MIHI RELIQUI!
    Tu quaeris, adhuc verus amor????
    Fer me ad cor tuum,
    Ego commovebo caelum et terram quod proposuerim vobis perpetim

The rendition by this YouTube subscriber really does it for me! I fondly remember the “back to the Future,” movies.

Huey Lewis was really big in my life as at this time in the 80’s

It is prudent, to interpose and mention that the legal philosopher Plato says a great many things about love!

This is what caught my eye in Symposium.

But here [in Athens] there are much finer customs than elsewhere; yet just as I said, they are not easy to understand. Let one just reflect that it is said to be a finer thing to love openly than in secret; and particularly to love the noblest and best, even if they are uglier than others; and again, that everyone enthusiastically encourages the lover, and not as if he were doing anything shameful; and if a lover makes a successful capture, it is thought to be fine, and if he fails, shameful; and that, for making an attempt at seizure, the law grants the lover the opportunity to be praised for doing amazing deeds. If one dared to do any of these deeds in pursuing and wishing to accomplish anything else whatsoever except this, one would reap the greatest reproaches leveled against philosophy. For if, in wanting to take money from someone, or to take a governmental office, or any other position of power, one were willing to act just as lovers do toward their beloved making all sorts of supplications and beseechings in their requests, swearing oaths, sleeping at the doors of their beloveds, and being willing to perform acts of slavishness that not one slave would—he would be checked from acting so by his enemies as much as by his friends, the former reproaching him for his flatteries and servilities, the latter admonishing him and feeling ashamed on his behalf.
    [1]

[1] Plato Plato’s symposium Translator: Benardere S ( University of Chicago Press 1993) P 12.

Video source[1]

[1] Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-J8OBgS2s (date of use 22 February 2021)

[1] Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-J8OBgS2s (date of use 22 February 2021)
    Last edited by Citizen X; 23-Feb-21 at 10:22 AM.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Bob Marley’s ‘three little birds,’, Rick Ashley’s Together forever,’ and Aristotle’s metaphor of the acorn

I’d like to take this opportunity to encourage you if you going through a personal challenge. Don’t cement yourself in any set back that life has placed you in because your potential is always there.

Don’t give up and perhaps most importantly “don’t worry about a thing cause everything is going to be alright!!!!

I felt dissolution this morning when I woke up. I decided to take a walk. On the side of the road I saw an acorn. I picked it up and my usual assumption train commenced!!!

Name:	20210218_120703.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	8138

Jealous people will always make malicious and defamatory remarks comprised of gossip and severe hearsay which they will never be able to prove against you!!

So take heart my fellow South African brother and sister “NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST YOU WILL PROSPER!”

After this assumption train reached its thinking end in my mind, I feel more motivated than I felt in my life!!!!!!

Aristotle’s metaphor of the acorn

Aristotle, Plato’s student, firmly believes that everything including the human being has a natural inclination towards which the human being constantly moves[1] He means that the human being is constantly striving to become what this human being is destined to become.[2]

To this end he defines destiny as an ultimate goal or telos.[3] He argues that even when a human being is not on his or her natural path of inclination striving towards what he or she ought to be, he or she nonetheless still has the very means and the potential to become what he or she is destined to become.[4] He uses a remarkable example! He argues that if an individual is a brilliant mathematician but asleep, this person is merely a sleeping mathematician who still possesses this brilliant mathematical ability but is simply asleep and therefore not using that ability at that given period of sleep.[5]

He uses another metaphor. This is his example of a builder. A builder still has the skillset needed to build even when he/she doesn’t have the bricks to do so and when the elements are not conducive to the task of building.[6]
    Aristotle argues that when being drunk, this builder will lose that building ability momentarily.

The skillset will return when being sober. Nothing can take the skillset away from this builder![7]
    This builder’s personal human development will still persist regardless of how she/he circumvent their destiny

Aristotle uses a metaphor by referring to an acorn as an example on numerous instances. He compares the journey of an acorn to the journey of a human being.

An acorn may on the first glance appear to be just an acorn, however, to the trained eye, this acorn has the natural inclination to become what it is destined to become which is an acorn tree.[8]
    Aristotle is no farmer. As such he is not providing the ideal weather and soil conditions for under which an acorn will either prosper or perish.[9]
    He states: “But the raw data supplied by observation are just that under different conditions different results occur (when there is this much sunlight and rain, acorns appear; when there is more sunlight and less rain, no acorns appear; when
    there is less sunlight and more rain, stunted growths appear). How is one to decide on the basis of such observations which capacity to attribute: which conditions are to be included in the content of the capacity, and which are to be seen as either enabling or preventative background conditions?”

His important point is that for a human being to reach his/her optimal potential the environment which this individual lives in is very important. Society will ultimately produce an individual who realizes his/her fullest potential simply if that environment is conducive to that individual.

Relying once again on the metaphor of the acorn, he states that even if the seedling is naturally deformed, deliberately deformed it is still nonetheless an oak tree in the making and not a deformed sampling![10]

I now modify alternatively develop Aristotle’s metaphor of the acorn to include the concept of two lovers being predestined to be with each other!!

Anyone can develop any legal philosopher’s hypothesis! You just need to be ‘anyone,’ and I certainly am just ‘anyone!’

Since the human being is continuously striving towards his/her destiny regardless of obstacles, so too can “two hearts,” strive over a period of time perhaps even a lifetime to be with each other when the time is right and when one or both of these lovers have reached their optimal potential.

Bob Marley: Three little birds: 1980: Lyrics and video

Name:	Bob_Marley_Three_Little_Birds.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	8139

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYi5aW1GdUU

“Let me hear your heart beat, let me feel your heart beat, cause I can change your heart beat!”

Name:	steoscope.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	8140

“And we’ll be together and this time is forever.”

“Woman, please understand the little child inside the man!”

“Romeo and Juliet never felt this way I bet!”

Rick Astley: Together forever: 1988:lyrics and video

Name:	RickAstleyTogetherForevercover.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	8141

Album cover three little birds[11]

Video source[12]
    Album cover together forever[13]
    Video source[14]
    Stetoscope[15]

[1] Makin Steven Aristotle methapysics book (CLARENDON PRESS · OXFORD
    2006) P xxix.

[2] See FN 1.

[3] See FN 1.

[4] See FN1.

[5] See FN1

[6] Makin Steven Aristotle methapysics book (CLARENDON PRESS • OXFORD
    2006) P 101.

[7] Makin Steven Aristotle methapysics book (CLARENDON PRESS • OXFORD
    2006) P 101.

[8] Makin Steven Aristotle methapysics book (CLARENDON PRESS • OXFORD
    2006) P 104.

[9] Makin Steven Aristotle methapysics book (CLARENDON PRESS • OXFORD
    2006) P 104.

[10] Makin Steven Aristotle methapysics book (CLARENDON PRESS • OXFORD
    2006) P 117.

[11] Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Little_Birds (Date of use 19 February 2021).

[12] Youtube:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYi5aW1GdUU (Date of use 19 February 2021).

[13] Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:R...revercover.jpg (Date of use 19 February 2021).

[14] Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPYZpwSpKmA (Date of use 19 February 2021).

[15] https://www.google.com/search?q=steo...F5_-KUmw2x16GM
    Important Foreword to this post

This post was midwifed by by numerous unrelated events in my life. Ironic how a mere acorn can ignite so much thought. “Isn’t it ironic? Yeah I really do think!”

Captain X’s log Stardate 22 February 2021 5:00 AM or thereabout

Important reminder for the day???

I misspelt “phenomenal,” I for some reason I spelt it as PHENOMEENAL. I will continue to deliberately misspell it in this thread!! Go figure!

It’s just gone 5:00AM. Shortly thereafter I become “philosophical.” This is highly unusual for me at this time of the morning as I reserve my evenings for reading original philosophical texts of the various legal philosophers.

I picked up an acorn on the side of the road. Held it in the palm of my hand and stared at it for about 30 minutes! My first thought was “this little acorn just wants to be what it ought to be. It ought to be an oak tree. I immediately remember Aristotle’s metaphor of the acorn.
    Passersby got the impression that I was negotiating my way around a complex arithmetic calculation. If they only knew! Philosophy is actually the root of both logic and mathematics. The very first university started by the legal philosopher Plato had a huge sign at its entrance.” Let no one who is ignorant of Geometry enter here!” By my own admission mathematics was never my thing. I took to logic and philosophy however like a fish takes to water.
    This is an extension of all my thoughts on that faithful morning.'

“A caricature happened upon me.” An ARGUMENTUM AD LOGICAM.

The shortest distance between two places is not a straight line but rather a parabola.

“In mathematics, a parabola is a plane curve which is mirror-symmetrical and is approximately U-shaped. It fits several superficially different mathematical descriptions, which can all be proved to define exactly the same curves.”
    I suppose I'm taking a parabola in life and not the straight line.

Being eccentric at the best of times, I just stood there staring and thinking! My thought process could not be interrupted!

I tried my best to avoid the cartoonist stereotype of an eccentric character standing there and doing something nonsensical. Upon reflection this thought process was not only essential but rather quite vital. The quintessential thoughts of that day I suppose.

In the hurricane room of my mind I picture "two giant oaks," for some reason. Didn’t know why then, I certainly know why now!

The crux? The past is actually a direct result of numerous unrelated and random occurrences. It would be remiss of me to say that all these previous past events that yielded positive outcomes was easy to accept, and not make mention that the painful past occurrences which brought this exact moment to pass were easy to accept.
    My point?
    I was definitely on to something! So as silly as I might have appeared I just stood there staring. I was angry at myself for not having a notebook and a pen.

My flamboyant mistress Uris Philosophia calls me “ moron, ‘ a dozen times a day. Now I know why!

The following is from some novel I read but sincerely can’t remember which:

" A fox creeping up on the chicken run will ignore the rabbits in the woods.” Similarly I could ignore passersby because I was on to something relevant to the future which I’m currently creating for myself. Just like an author, I’m in the process of writing my future out!

I was not frustratingly in the dark of what I was conceiving right there and right then on this sidewalk.

As mentioned the list of events that midwifed this precise moment is very long indeed!

In 1991 I was in matric. Let’s just say, the school let us out early that day!

My friend at the time SJ and I went to sit in a junkyard. We asked the caretaker of that junkyard for permission.
    I vividly recall that the junkyard caretaker had this huge metal covering of a drain before him. He also had a pick and various huge rocks and bricks. He was tring in earnest to break this metal drain cover.
    I asked him what he was doing. He replied

“ The scrapyard won’t take this drain as it is, it’s got the government stamp on it. If I break it to pieces at least I can buy one Black Label Beer, one pack of Stuyvesant and a loaf of bread. I’ll get about R10 for it.”

Far be it for me a school boy child to tell him that it was wrong. Besides it was none of my business.
    Out of the corner of my eye some glittering reddish packet caught my eye. It was a crumpled up gift wrapped package. I hurried to get it. I was excited! It may contain something valuable!
    I could sell it for about R5. I hoped. I was very disappointed when I tore open this package. It contained 3 books. 1: Plato: The Book of Republic, 2: Emmanuel Kant: Ethics and the third was just” Aristotle.”
    I tried to sell them to the junkyard caretaker for R5.
    He said “ WHAT?? That’s just garbage!”

I flipped to random pages of “Aristotle,” and there was what I thought was a famous guide on how to properly farm acorns. Damn I thought!

In 1997 I was going through a very turbulent time. For reasons that I can’t explain I found myself reading “Aristotle.” I finally understood the metaphor of the acorn. Little did I know at that time, that I would go to law school and in my final year of law school in a module called “Legal Philosophy,” this very acorn would find significant reference. My basic understanding of the metaphor at that stage was simply that everything in life has a nature and that everything in life including human being is simply trying his/her best to become what he/she is meant to be in life. There will be obstacles!! The acorn has many obstacles such as the need for fertile soil, rain, sunlight etc. Nonetheless it only wants to be just an oak tree and nothing more!

If the acorn could speak, it would say " I'm only trying my best to be what I'm meant to be. I'm meant to be an oak tree and not a jacaranda tree. If after all the obstacles I overcome i still end up a jacaranda tree, i will be utterly miserable!"

Ali Campbell: You could meet somebody: 1995: Lyrics and video

[] You could meet somebody, you never know
    From brief encounters habits grow
    Into giant oaks that hide the sun
    Life in the shadows ain't no funIt's easy getting up there
    Never think of coming down
    Not hard to say "I want you"
    When you're floating on a cloud
    But you know that lonely feeling
    When nothing's going right
    'Cause it's only the beginning
    Of a cold and sleepless night. You could meet somebody, you never know
    Your only chance is to turn and run
    photo
    It's harder getting up there
    And it's painful coming down
    And now you can't see clearly
    Beneath the thunder cloud
    And the loneliness gets longer
    When nothing's going right
    And things ain't getting any better
    With another sleepless night. You could meet somebody, you never know
    Your only chance is to turn and run.

[/QUOTE]

Video source[1]

[1] Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTyW1biTuTM (date of use 22 February 2021).
    Last edited by Citizen X; 23-Feb-21 at 08:58 AM.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Very good morning to you Tec0 my brethren,

Please feel free to post anything you want to post on this thread! "I'm easy like a Sunday morning!"

In fact, might I suggest that you officially take over this thread?

I’m certain that DaveA can change everything to your name?

You will then have “carte blanche,” to post anything you deem appropriate!

Tec0, I’m not looking for fame and fortune, neither do I take credit for anything in life!

I take credit only for one fact namely that I am a human being and not an animal!

I have a few more intended posts to this thread. Let me explain.

Since my second love, a LLM in Legal Philosophy cannot be attained due to financial reasons; I’ve already discarded it to the rubbish bin of life and moved on.

I now have new ambition for earning a living which is yet to be realized. I assure you though, my brethren, that my new ambition will be realized just as clear as night follows day! The writing is on the wall so to speak.

I'm on a sabbatical. Thus far I'm exceeding my daily learning outcomes.

My POINT: I love being philosophical and really love writing anything relevant to legal philosophy. Since I can’t do a masters in legal philosophy, I will have posted several ‘articles,’ associated with a song.

I’ve been thinking a lot about John Locke lately. It’s all about an important pronoun “WE.”

I will reconcile John Locke’s social contract, and his specific ‘state of nature,’ with “We Are the World" by the super group USA for Africa in the eighties.

I will have done what no other writer has thus thought about! That is to amplify the legal philosopher's original works with old school songs.

I’m busy with my 4th reread of “two treatises of government.” Each time I revisit the original works of a legal philosophy I learn something new.

Anyway, on a FICTIONAL account, I've created a character called Captain X. Captain X is in love with a phenomeenal woman. He is currently reworking his life.

He has an appointment with Dr Suzanne Reid, Star fleet Management’s group doctor.

He has been ordered to take a HIV test.

He knows it’s negative as they made him take a test in June 2019, it came back negative!

That said, the narrative to come between the aforementioned fictional characters in due course speaks volumes.

Please excuse “typographical,” errors herein!!! I don’t know why, but spell checker, seems to underline certain words and place it in bold. I’m certain I got the spelling correct. I’ll check later as time permits. Spellchecker shouldn't just underline an incorrectly spelled word???Go figure

Act 3 scene 5

KING HENRY
    We are in God’s hand, brother, not in theirs.

Captain X's log early February 2021.

King Henry V Act 4 Scene 3

Captain X, on parallel Earth. This parallel planet is an exact replica of Earth. Mutants have emerged and taken over this planet. Humans here are in the minority. is trying in earnest to inform a mutant by the name of Adooomoni, that he Captain X, has the very same inner directed strength as King Henry V just before the battle at Agincourt! This mutant on Parallel Earth is trying to defame Captain X in both the criminal courts and civil court!This is in letter and spirit of course and never in actual conduct.

A gentleman always demonstrates emotional maturity and self-control. I wouldn’t want dale Carnegie to fail me on “winning friends and influencing people” after all!

Captain X, though genuinely otherwise engaged, is equal to the task, and so far this mutant is failing dismally
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  11.5 KB
    Though outnumbered and otherwise engaged, he is willing to engage in a legal battle. To challenge this mutant in a manner fully respectful of the law.

He tries to express the following, in contemporary terms, to this mutant who looks worse than bebop, weighs more than Beebop and nothing can be more painful than to hear him speak. Absolutely nothing!!!! he is not human after-all. He is a mutant.

Beebop picture[1]

[1] Reeve C.D.C A Plato Reader Eight essential dialogues (Hackett Publishing Company Inc Cambridge 2012) P 245.

[1] https://www.google.com/search?q=beeb...sct8Gntg:16139

The difference between good and bad, right and wrong and the greater good almost always influences my final decision. Consider me influenced appropriately at present!

I choose to be "ridiculous," and remain a friend!

Wena silly

Something just crossed my feeble mind. I stand to be corrected but I think that the art of cross examination started with Socrates. Socrates was Plato's teacher.

Socrates: Anything that wise men say, Phaedrus, “is not lightly to be cast aside”; we must consider whether it might be right. And what you just said, in particular, must not be dismissed.
    Phaedrus: You’re right.
    Socrates: Let’s look at it this way, then
    Phaedrus: How?
    Socrates: Suppose I were trying to convince you that you should fight your enemies on horseback, and neither one of us knew what a horse is, but I happened to know this much about you, that Phaedrus believes a horse is the tame animal with the longest ears—
    Phaedrus: But that would be ridiculous, Socrates.

Socrates: Not quite yet, actually. But if I were seriously trying to convince you, having composed a speech in praise of the donkey in which I called it a horse and claimed that having such an animal is of immense value both at home and in military service, that it is good for fighting and for carrying your baggage and that it is useful for much else besides—
    Phaedrus: Well, that would be totally ridiculous.
    Socrates: Well, which is better? To be ridiculous and a friend? Or clever
    and an enemy?
    Phaedrus: The former.
    Socrates: And so, when a rhetorician who does not know good from bad addresses a city which knows no better and attempts to sway it, not praising a miserable donkey as if it were a horse, but bad as if it were good, and, having studied what the people believe, persuades them to do something bad instead of good—with that as its seed, what sort of crop do you think rhetoric can harvest?
    Phaedrus: A crop of really poor quality.
    Socrates: But could it be, my friend, that we have mocked the art of speaking more rudely than it deserves? For it might perhaps reply, “What bizarre nonsense! Look, I am not forcing anyone to learn how to make speeches without knowing the truth; on the contrary, my advice, for what it is worth, is to take me up only after mastering the truth. But I do make this boast: even someone who knows the truth couldn’t produce conviction on the basis of a systematic art without me.”

Phaedrus: Well, is that a fair reply?
    [1]

[1] Reeve C.D.C A Plato Reader Eight essential dialogues (Hackett Publishing Company Inc Cambridge 2012) P 245.
    Click here
    sabbaticus