Title: Murphy (PNP?) Strikes again to ruin my new year

I pay my utilities bills, municipality and some Telkom accounts at PNP right.

So on the 30th November I went and paid about R60k of accounts. They always have to phone for authorization because FNB has some limits they've placed on transaction sizes. So I wait 2 hours for them to find the right number and 30 minutes for them to get my bank on the other side. They get the auth code, go back to the till and there is some kind of an error. I take down all their details, they take down mine. Half way out the store, they call me back and give me the receipt saying the transaction was processed.

About 1 week later the amount was reversed off my card, so I immediately called them and went in for them to fix it. Their takings department in Kenilworth confirmed the amount was returned as they did not take an imprint of my card. So they proceed to take the amount manually. This time their bank says my bank declined the transaction. I promptly get my bank on the phone, and give it to them despite the audience I now have outside the office at PNP. FNB auth talks to the sales person, gets ABSA on the line and sorts it out. R60k goes off.

About 1 week after that, I saw the amount dissapear again, I went into the store again, spoke to the branch manager and asked to confirm all was ok. They called PNP HQ and confirmed all was ok.

On the 1st of Jan 2012, off goes another R60k. Nailing my CC R40k into the red at 7am in the morning with a lovely R210 overlimit fee. FNB calls, demanding immediate payment or I face suspension. I told them this transaction was NOT authorized by me and they refuse to reverse it. I try call PNP, no answer. Tried their HQ, no answer. Get every cent I own and pay it into my CC. Clearing it to just over R1 available.

Yesterday (Jan 2nd), I go into PNP and ask to speak to the manager. He is very apologetic, says he will have it sorted out but everyone is on holiday. Today I get a call from their HQ and they say they will reverse the amount and look into the R210 I was charged by the bank. Heard nothing back so far on that.

Thing is, it will take around 5-7 days for them to reverse the amount. Meanwhile my credit card is now in "BAD STANDING", all my ebucks benefits have been SUSPENDED till the 3rd of March 2012 and I literally do not have a cent to my name for groceries or anything.

I live off my credit card (in a good way) and have enough money passing through it every month to give me around R2k-R5k worth of ebucks to spend at makro and to clear the entire outstanding amount. I finance projects for my business using my CC (easy money, 60 days no interest). I use my benefits to save money at stores and to get more ebucks at other stores. So ya.... its vital to both me and my business.

Worst thing is ... I probably have no legal avenue to have this remedied and will just have to wait until the money is reversed and pay the interest to take cash out my CC to pay back the loan I used to clear it.

Have a good laugh, and buy me a beer, kthxbi.