my new laptop came out with windows 7 pro 64 bit...i 5...4 gig ram...500 gig hard drive...would there be a reason why i should upgrade or need to upgrade to windows ultimate?

bit disapointed in the laptop screen...but i plan on taking out the battery and using in my office where i have a monster hd screen which has a brilliant picture ( because i am as blind as a bat and getting worse)...unless i need it on site for any reason or if i work in the house...i know some of you are gona ask so why the laptop...welll for what i got in the laptop i couldnt find on a desktop...3 years ago you could get a top of the range desktop for the price of a bottom of the range laptop...the cap seems to have closed.

the other question is office 2010....i have loaded window live messenger...which looks very similar to outlook...but the bonus is that i can now download my emails from any computer.

i am an idiot when it comes to this new technology...i still file my invoices and visit shops when i want to buy stuff...so i need some advice from some of you hi tech fundies or should i ask my 3 year old

i am considering just getting office 2010 basic...for xl...word and thats about all i need...going for around R600

i cannot see why i would need outlook on my laptop at R1000 more than the basic...once again i dont know any better.

i spoke to a person today who informed me that the windows 7 ultimate can see more video files and graphics and stuff....but i am clueless so i need help.

how easy is it to upgrade from windows 7 pro to ultimate?

my computer needs

i run a small bussiness

i have a small network with
2 printers
1 desk top (home use linked to the network)
2 laptops
1 netbook
7 " notepad
3 cellphones
dvr for the cctv cameras
all linked to an adsl router (telkom) some wireless and some with cables

in the near future i will be linking a TV in the house and in my workshop to the network

and in 2012 will be looking into connecting my alarm system and making the whole system accessable from any location on or away frorm the property via the network

i will also be installing a big mother size ac unit in my workshop so i can work and watch movies...link onto the internet using the TV screen or watch yotube articles when i make stuff...like step by step instructions.

and at the rate i an going looks like i will be needing a 4 meg telkom line...my mate reckons i should get an mweb uncapped...unshaped...conections

he also advised me to get linex and ubuntu...only problem is i believe i need the xp program to run my work equipment software...hence the reason for me using virtual xp pro in windows 7

let me leave it a tthat for now before i confuse myself