Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Summons: what you need to do

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StaceyW View Post
    However on this form they had him as 1st respondent and my name as 2nd respondent, his signature on each page as 1st, and someone else's signature where I should have signed as 2nd.

Well that certainly aids your cause.

Email problem
    Thanks
    What happens in a case where someone that is in a different country wanting to serve a summons to someone in South Africa. How does that process work if that person is lets say from the USA and I am from Cape Town how does this work.

Thanks
    Just a quick update on my case vs the school/lawyers for DaveA:
    Currently awaiting a court date in Bethal, for the Rescission Application to be put into force. Due to the fraud commited not only by my ex, but the school's lawyers as well, the Application will be going through unopposed, with (hopefully) re-imbursement on costs. Costs all depends on the Magistrate's decision.
    We're hoping this will be before the 21st, when I have to appear in court again for the Section 65. If so this will be basically a formality to have my name cleared completely and the case taken off the roll... Here's holding thumbs we get a date before the 21st!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the update, Stacey.

Thanks
    Hi everyone please assist. I received summons and also filed notice to defend. This was obviously followed by a summery judgement which will be in the 9th. This is for a property foreclosure- my primary residence
    I will be representing myself as I have no money to pay lawyer.
    When I did the notice to defend I did not attach any affidavit to it- is it too late to do it now? If I do it should I file it both with plaintiff and court or just court?

I also have my business partner who wants to help pay the arrears and maintain monthly installments until am fine. How do I put this well for the judge to be convinced?

Thanks
    Hi Vanash. I cannot seem to download the attached files on your first thread

Thanks
    Hi guys, I hope you can help me with this.
    We left SA in July 2014 and moved to Argentina, now my wife had a Nedbank credit card debt of 15K, we never heard from them (no email) now we came back in Jan 2018 and for the past 3 months she has sms, calls and emails claiming she has to pay R60K. It's not Nedbank, and now they say that she was summoned, how do I know she was summoned? I was reading about prescribed debts. I wanted to know if she should just ignore the calls and sms or what to do. Thank you in advance! Federico

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Notices of legal processes would likely have been sent to your wife's last given address for the serving of notices. If there was no response, the creditor could quite legitimately have taken a default judgement. This would mean the debt is still validly owed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345