Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Woolworths steals Frankie's ideas

Thanks
    Even as small businesses we are still part of the 99%

Perhaps just a small email to the directors of W telling them we are not impressed will jerk them out of their arrogance, one wont cut it but an avalanch will do the trick.

Oh and refuse to buy the product.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

2. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (22-Dec-11)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Newretailer View Post
    It doesn't matter whether this is legal or not. Such unethical behaviour is just wrong. I have been getting fed up with Woolworths for a while now. I think it is time for me to find alternatives.
    The big corporates very often bully the small guys into submission. Why? Because they can. They have more money and therefore better legal representation. Our legal system is good, but just too far out of reach of the average citizen.

It is up to the small guys to stand up for each other. I have also had my moments with Woolworths. I now have even more reason to close my account which I have not been using anyway.

(I wonder why the food MD appeared on E-TV news dressed as a pirate?)
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @Newratailer - Work DOES NOT equal wealth. Cunning use of other people's money = wealth. Ask any banker. Don't think for one moment that your direct hard work will lead to wealth. We are fools who have been led to believe that we need to consume to be happy, buy a new car every 3 years, get the latest phone, buy, have, buy. God forbid we don't wear the IN clothing brand or the right handbag etc. The problem is that consumerism has gotten the better of us due to credit and insurance. We buy a R500K car over 5 years and it doesn't really matter if it gets damaged or stolen because insurance will cover it. In 5 years time it will be obsolete anyway so we have to buy another. Why do people beg on the street, because they have bought into the same idiotic ideals. They leave the rural areas where they can grow food to come to the cities to buy MacDonalds. We grow vegetables in the back yard, why don't they, because they believe that Capatalist Consumerism is the way to go. I love technology but our technologies are making us redundant. We hardly need people who work with their hands, they have been replaced by knowledge workers and automation. Isn't it odd to think about, we automate, which put people out of work, so that we can create more products to sell to people who can't afford the products because they are either out of work or buy on credit.

What is the bottom line: I think that there is a revolution coming, and hopefully people will realize that the revolution is NOT TO HAVE MORE, BUT TO HAVE LESS.

Thanks
    Woolworths are shooting themselves in the foot with this even when that foot is stuck in their mouth. Here is website woolworse slating them. While I copy good ideas I try to add my own twist. Here we have marie biscuit necklace. Before we added these to shop we found out that blue label marie biscuit is trademarked and not marie biscuit. Woolsworths seems to have copied all the names from Frankies. If I was Frankies I would have gone the route of we are doing so well that even Woolworths has copied us instead of stocking our product.
    Adrianh
    What is the bottom line: I think that there is a revolution coming, and hopefully people will realize that the revolution is NOT TO HAVE MORE, BUT TO HAVE LESS.
    This is so true lets hope it happens, as small business owner it strikes home!
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Adrian, I think more and more people are starting to share your viewpoint. Consumerism has gotten out of control.

I think the Occupy Wall Street movement is trying to show the big boys that they cannot just go on and on. Whether they will have an impact or not in the long term, I don't know. I just know at some stage something has got to give.
    Sometimes the only transport available is a leap of faith

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well sadly for some stupid mixed-up and sad reason I cannot gain access to YouTube clips anymore. I use to download them via free software so that one can watch it again without killing one’s cap. These days it seems that is also over.

So how was the discussion from the Woolwords side on 702?
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Gotta say I am also disgusted by this saga but cant say I'm surprised. Unfortunately society is no longer based on fundamental moral and principle any longer. A handshake nevers seals a deal any longer and somebodys word can no longer be taken as irrevocable. Of course W is going to deny it but the truth always comes out regardless of whether they win the legal battle and the people will know. So go ahead W's sweat it out, throw the vast sums of shareholder money you have at the problem to fend it off but we already know you're guilty.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Unfortunately society is no longer based on fundamental moral and principle any longer.
    It never was!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well it all comes down to what you one believes to be right and what one believes to be wrong. Someone may think they are doing right and yet in the eyes of another it may be wrong.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Bronze Member
    Thanks

Moral & Principle

adrianh - there was a time when moral & principle were a treasured thing and although there were transgressors, they were exposed, dispised and isolated.
    It seems we have been so desensitised to this type of behaviour that it has been become accepted as a norm rather than an exception and therein lies the danger. The very fact that people like us are discussing this matter suggests that moral & principle does still hold some value, however for me there are too few of us that recognize it for being wrong. Lets never allow ourselves to accept that moral & principle is no longer important enough to be treasured.

tech0 - agreed that some may defend themselves by claiming a different understanding of right and wrong, however there cannot be more than 1 acceptable understanding. Inside all of us is a spiritual "button" that glows red when we try to defy the truth and what is right. Individually we all know whether were getting a green or red signal. Occassionally we misread it and act wrongly initially, which is a human failing, but that red signal comes along at some point and that is the opportunity to put our actions right. Sadly too few are "man" enought to accept their error and fix it and instead they obstinately continue their charade. Those with criminal intent have a perverse ability to block out the truth and there are unfortunately many such pittiful beings against which we need to guard ourselves and stand up against with contempt. In the end truth prevails.

12. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (26-Dec-11)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast