Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: can coffee replace the breakfast?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    I drink about 8 to 10 cups of coffee a day easy. So yes coffee can replace any meal of the day but is it healthy for you?

No...
    I can count the number of times I have seen a doctor in the past 30 years on the fingers of one hand. I think that speaks for itself.
    No sugar problems, no cholesterol, no blood pressure problems, no weight problems, in short: Good health, despite eating only once a day, at night, enough to last till tomorrow night.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi, does this refer to instant coffee or brewed, either by filter or plunger, etc?

I start with a 500ml mug of Douwe Egberts Intense No 5 grounds brewed in a plunger. If time does not allow for this, then I've resorted to Nestle's Nescafe Classic instant granules, smooth and almost hits the spot.

BUT, recently (July/Aug 2012) the bottle has changed shape and the coffee is not what I'm used to. I see from the label that the new bottle & coffee is made in Spain. This may explain why I find it to be very strong, with a bitter and "burnt" flavour.

Has anyone else experienced this, or is it just me? Any suggestions as to whether this may just be a temporary stopgap while the local factory switches to the new shape bottle?

If not, recommendations for a substitute in the same price range would be welcome. The price in Durban is R45/R55 per 200g, but I suspect the lower end price is a tactic to clear stocks of the old shape bottle.

Thanks

Thanks
    Just like a ciggarette Coffe does "suppress" the hunger feel - and I myself, being a smoker and a coffee lover, but being busy and not always having time to eat properly trhoug out the day. Have noticed that depending on availability, i replace meals with either Nicotene or Caffeine - BUT I in my small brain cannot think that this can at all be healthy. I am a firm believer - not always a "practicer" in the fact that FOOD is FOOD and you cannot replace a meal. Just have the Selfrestraint to not over indulge and not , if i may put it this way "un-dulge" yourself in what ever you consume. We have to eat - I belive it is also a psycological "thing", by replacing a meal with either Coffe, Nicotene, a shake, or even a glass of water is not right - you must eat solids. And its sad that most of us , cannot muster up the energy at night to cook a proper healhty meal - and thus you'll feel the same way the next day and the cycle continues.......

Well I;ll go on for pages and pages.....I'd rather just stop here.

Coffe still remains a wonderful. BEAUTIFUL brew.... and make the day better
    #coffee-aholic

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    I miss smoking... how I miss it... After about 12 years I thought of smoking again but medical bills... iesh... enjoy one for me
    I'm now officially a full time smoker re: 'The man who founded New York in 1653...'
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

5. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (04-Oct-12)

Thanks
    I was a coffee addict! There was a time when I used to have 6 raw egg white for breakfast, used the yolk as fertilizer in my garden. I now have 3 boiled eggs(just the egg white), 3 days a week and All Bran Flakes 4 days a week for breakfast. I also try to have a fruit every day. I left the gym! A distant memory now, but I exercise at home, 3 days a week, 30 minute session per day. I drink a lot of Rooi bos tea, throughout the day but no sugar and no milk, my sugar/milk treat is with my morning large mug of strong coffee i.e. 5 teaspoons of coffee(the cheap coffee!)
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanash Naick View Post

my sugar/milk treat is with my morning large mug of strong coffee i.e. 5 teaspoons of coffee(the cheap coffee!)
    Why not buy decent coffee where you only use one teaspoon to get the same strength as 5 cheapies? You can buy Jacobs for about R80 and it will work out cheaper than no-name cheapies. Nescafe will also work out cheaper. Both will taste better than 5 teaspoons of dust.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Some days I have breakfast, and other days I'm in a rush and just have coffee at work. Like today.
    For me it doesnt matter if I have breakfast or not as long as I have my lunch.

But last year I was at 8 cups of coffee a day, I've cut down to 2 - 3
    You miss 100% of the chances you never take

Thanks
    Hey Guys well i consume a lot of coffee and i consume a well brewed cup. I have no issues of sleeping.But if you consume a badly brewed cup, it has a bad impact on you.Thanks!!

10. Thanks given for this post:

Kamuro (06-May-19)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Coffee rulez....staple food for my silly brain...

Thanks
    No way...!
    As a fun it looks OK, but in reality it is very dangerous for heath dudes.....!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast