Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online business is competitive

Thanks

Online business is competitive

I just did a keyword search on How to make a website there are about 9million results for the exact keyword. Competition, competition, competition! Yes, just like in the offline business expect competition! On the first page of the results i encountered a few services that promises an easy set up! But i did not see anyone saying it will take some work. Interesting.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Extremely competitive, many hosters these days are a man and his dog ...

Thanks
    As long as you understand SEO and social media marketing, there is no such thing as competition However, SEO can take up a lot of time AND money.

Email problem
    Thanks
    If you want to get into a field that is that competitive, then youŽll want to specialize a little more, such as how to make a wordpress website, or focusing on other search terms with good traffic but less competition like "simple web design". The idea is to focus on keywords that you can compete for and offer on-topic information that people will find useful.

Any business, both online and off requires legwork to get the word out and if you can build relationships, all the better. Competition is a good thing, in that it keeps prices down and product quality up. If you have a good product and you work at getting the word out, then good things are sure to happen.

Thanks
    man building backlinks is work, i like it, no work no chow.

Email problem
    Thanks
    It might be competitive but hope is not lost, I find the google keyword tool to be very handly when identifying keywords, now i know how missleading it can be but let me explain, if you want to promote your durban guess house and you find there are 5.9 million competitors online and with the keyword tool you find that the words durban guest house is searched 800 000 times a month,(now most people go yeah! people are searching for this so il use that keyword, which is a common mistake) this means that the ration of competitors to the amount of clients are far out numbers and you will not be found online! but is you go through the keywords you might find something like "kamberg valley guest house" 8 000 competitors
    and there are 30 000 searches done monthly(these stats are examples,but do exist!) and that is how you overcome the rest,hope this helped

Email problem
    Thanks
    Nowadays people want to popular their business among the people by using several online techniques so I think there might be competition but its depend on type of business and location of business.

Thanks
    Competition is inevitable. In any field, there is competition.. So might as well be ready for it when you are planning to go into a new field or something.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thabiso View Post
    I just did a keyword search on How to make a website there are about 9million results for the exact keyword. Competition, competition, competition! Yes, just like in the offline business expect competition! On the first page of the results i encountered a few services that promises an easy set up! But i did not see anyone saying it will take some work. Interesting.
    Remember that not all 9 million of those results are pure SEO competitors. Why not just take websites who have that exact key phrase in their title tags? Those will be people who have an idea of what SEO is.

Type in Google -> allintitle:how to make a website (About 83,500 results)

So you can see your real competition lies with those websites that have clearly optimised for rankings. I wrote an article about this sort of keyword research.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thabiso View Post
    "It's a competitive world, everything counts in large amounts!" Unfortunately, for those of us who don't have tenders or are nor related to Mduli, the only place you'll find success before work is in the english dictionary..nothing X nothing is still nothing.. 0 X 0 = 0.. If you related to mad bob, you set for life, when you wake up, one of those bad days, and you short of cash, you simply decide that you'll take ownership of all the banks in your country....
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast