Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are the shops buying their airtime from? How much discount?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Where are the shops buying their airtime from? How much discount?

There is an unspoken moment with airtime - how do the shops buy theirs?
    Some are printed on request, others pre-sealed.
    If you smoke, then you know that buying bulk will save you money. However, we spend more on communication than on cigarettes and alcohol. It is important to find a bulk source.

who has information about this?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Miro,

Can I help?
    What do you want to do?

I buy bulk airtime and save the stock on a server, using our locally manufactured terminals, you dispense the airtime by printing a paper voucher with a PIN number on it.

You can also use your cellphone, by registering on *120*72735#, depositing money into our account, and use your cellphone number a s a reference. You can then vend airtime using your cellphone, when a sale is made, the PIN number appears on your screen with which you give to the buyer.

But the cost at the moment when using your cellphone to make the sale is 20c, however in the new year we have negotiated with MTN for a free service, improving the profit you make on a sale using your cell phone.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    If you have a credit card facility with Capitec (don't know about other banks), you can automatically sell airtime. I can't tell you at what price, as I didn't take it up.
    Sometimes the only transport available is a leap of faith

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the reply. I will investigate on Capitec. We all know checkers offers already a 5% discount which is a clean discount if there are no transaction costs.

What discount can you offer me? If I can make my own printing arrangements, what can you offer me for the inventory?
    Last edited by Dave A; 18-Dec-11 at 07:28 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miro Bagrov View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I will investigate on Capitec. We all know checkers offers already a 5% discount which is a clean discount if there are no transaction costs.

What discount can you offer me? If I can make my own printing arrangements, what can you offer me for the inventory?
    Be wary of looking at the large retailers and the discounts they offer. On many occasions they are purchasing the sale by offering the discounts. They require to to purchase a certain amount monthly to maintain their annuity income on the SIM cards they have sold, and one way is to buy the sales by offering the discounts they do.

Whilst many people buy at these retailers, the majority of customers never go near the retailers, and require to top up where they live.

I'am not in the office till January 2012, so I do not have the discounts handy, I will post when I am back in the office.

At the end of the day, it is not so much the discount that is important, but rather how much effort must I put in to get a sale. The majority of the airtime sales comes from a customer buying other groceries, and then buys the airtime. If you do not sell the airtime, you lose the sale of the groceries, which is where your largest profit comes from.

Don't kid yourself with trying to set up your own printing systems, by the time you have all the equipment, you literally have to print thousands of vouchers a day to make the returns, which means to get any meaningful sales you have to compete with suppliers who have been there for years.

Good luck in your venture.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks

Buy airtime in bulk

Quote Originally Posted by Miro Bagrov View Post
    There is an unspoken moment with airtime - how do the shops buy theirs?
    Some are printed on request, others pre-sealed.
    If you smoke, then you know that buying bulk will save you money. However, we spend more on communication than on cigarettes and alcohol. It is important to find a bulk source.

who has information about this?
    You can buy airtime at whole sale prices and draw by selling to your self or friends or customer at www.goairtime.co.za without spending a cent on setting up if you already have access to internet. You can even sell to distant people

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wesellairtime View Post
    You can buy airtime at whole sale prices and draw by selling to your self or friends or customer at www.goairtime.co.za without spending a cent on setting up if you already have access to internet. You can even sell to distant people
    So what discount do you give?
    Do you charge cash deposit fee?
    If you select the SMS option, what does it cost you?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When I read that post 6 in the moderation queue, I was wondering whether to can as spam or let it through.
    And then I thought "Justloadit's going to love it "

I guess we'll find out wesellairtime's credibility soon enough.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Found the discount after looking again at the site, top right hand corner - they reckon 5% across the board, does that also mean ESKOM?

How do I avoid the cash deposit fees?

Do an internet transfer (EFT) into our account rather than depositing cash. EFT is totally free of charge. If we are charged cash deposit fees by the bank we recover these by deducting the same value from your Airtime account with us.

Is there anything else I need to know?

Yes, never pay two identical amounts into our bank account on the same day or consecutive days. A second deposit can be bigger or smaller than the first deposit (even a few cents difference), but must never be identical or it will be ignored by our system.
    What they don't tell you is that when you deposit cash into your own account, you pay a lot more than 1.5%
    Fancy also that you must not deposit the same amount on the same day or 2 consecutive days. What automated system have they got that will get confused if you deposit the same amount?

This market is really getting over traded now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    Found the discount after looking again at the site, top right hand corner - they reckon 5% across the board, does that also mean ESKOM?

What they don't tell you is that when you deposit cash into your own account, you pay a lot more than 1.5%
    Fancy also that you must not deposit the same amount on the same day or 2 consecutive days. What automated system have they got that will get confused if you
    deposit the same amount?

This market is really getting over traded now.
    With regards to legality, would it be okay for me to print my own airtime with codes from online suppliers and sell to local shops with my own printing designs ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast