Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple solution to online banking fraud?

Thanks
    RKS, referring to your comment about statements being e-mailed to you, the NCA now allows you to choose the method of statements being sent to you.

Right to receive documents
    65. (1) Every document that is required to be delivered to a consumer in terms of this Act must be delivered in the prescribed manner, if any.
    (2) If no method has been prescribed for the delivery of a particular document to a consumer, the person required to deliver that document must
    (a) make the document available to the consumer through one or more of the following mechanisms-
    (i) in person at the business premises of the credit provider, or at any other location designated by the consumer but at the consumer’s expense, or by ordinary mail;
    (ii) by fax;
    (iii) by email; or
    (iv) by printable web-page; and
    (b) deliver it to the consumer in the manner chosen by the consumer from the options made available in terms of paragraph (a).

Email problem RKS Computer Solutions's Avatar
    Thanks
    I actually had my last fight with FNB last month... Went there, spoke to one of the clerks, and she promised with the nicest smile to sort it out for me, all the while my statement printing in the background...

Checking online statements a week later, I found charges for the statements and was about to phone FNB when my phone rang... Smiley Clerk was just phoning to let me know she found out what the problem was and that is was now sorted... OK, what about the charges I paid for statements that you should have sent? No problem, next morning first thing charges were reversed...

So there goes one thumb up for FNB, or rather to the Smiley Clerk who had the spirit in her to actually do her work, great stuff....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12