Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vehicle and driver licence renewals

Suspended
    Thanks

Vehicle Licencing

If you dread going to the Licencing office either for registration or renewals etc. you need to get into contact with KZN Licencing & Number Plates. For a small service fee we collect docements from your place of work and deliver them back to you timeously. We also supply number plates at competitive prices. Call Mandy 0836539223.

Thanks
    I heard from someone that we won't be notified about license renewals anymore, can anyone confirm this?
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftDux View Post
    I heard from someone that we won't be notified about license renewals anymore, can anyone confirm this?
    That would be a huge issue, I reckon. The difference between renewing a license when you've got the renewal form and when you haven't is an extra queue (at least).

Just another note on renewals - you can also do it at certain post offices. I've found the queues at our local post office to renew vehicle licenses an absolute pleasure - like virtually non-existent.

Thanks
    Mmmm, what about me? I do wonder what it is going to take to get my credit card drivers license fixed? I was told to come and collect my license after 3 months, not to call as they are faced with a back-log, however when I went to collect, I was told that after 3 months the license is destroyed?! I was only doing what I was told to do, I contacted our local Metro Police offices, and was told to go to the local police station blah,blah.... and all I have gained to date is to be told that it was illegal for them to destroy my license. I do wonder if someone is in posession of my license.

I was also one of the first victims of the ID fraud scam, so when I went to renew my passport, I got one stating my surname was van der Heever, and I ended up with 2 legal passports. So off I went to the local police station, who then gave me a letter stating that I was in illegal possesion of two passports, and what was Internal Affairs reaction? That policeman he must not come tell me how to do my job, I don't tell him how to do his job. For an extra fee I could choose a surname, whatever surname I liked, but I refused to do so, I just wanted my own surname back at no extra fee. That was a wonderful day!

on my drivers license, I have given up!!! Metro Police has now assured me that I am on the system, however I don't have the credit card license to prove it. but I am on the system........

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Alta, that's a shocker. I know not having my drivers licence on me would be a big issue. No licence - no car hire when I'm travelling

Re-reading this thread, I think we need to differentiate between driver and vehicle licences

Was it notices for renewal of drivers licences you were talking about, SoftDux? As I said earlier, I certainly see an issue if they discontinue notices for vehicle licences.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Changes in vehicle ownership - I confirm that the licensing department are referring people back to the office where the vehicle was originally registered.

They will not even discuss trying to assist you, even if the original registration office is in another province.

Yvonne

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'm sitting with one of those change of ownership forms in front of me.

1. (Seller and buyer fill appropriate parts)
    2. The seller must sign off the registration certificate and hand it over to the buyer.
    3. The seller must deliver this notice to the registering authority within 21 days...
    4. The buyer must apply for registration of the motor vehicle to his appropriate registering authority...

So the yellow form must go to the authority where the vehicle is currently registered - so send it by registered post. That constitutes "delivery."

The buyer goes to his/her local registering authority.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
    Changes in vehicle ownership - I confirm that the licensing department are referring people back to the office where the vehicle was originally registered.

They will not even discuss trying to assist you, even if the original registration office is in another province.

Yvonne
    Yvonne, I also see this behaviour a lot more these days, and not just from the licencing department. I almost get the feeling that the people who work there don't actually want to be there, and they'd rather show you away, then try and deliver the services that they're getting paid for. I used to be able to pay my traffic fines at any police station, but now I suddenly get told to goto the police station in the city where the fine was issued. Sometimes it's not possible at all, yet they "lazy bastards" blatantly tell you they won't help you.

P.S. I haven't had problems with re-registering a vechile in Bedfordview, in October even though the original registration was in Sandton. So, I do think it's a personal thing, and not a "company policy"
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Perhaps a decision in that actual "Station"?, but surely they would not get away with it then, as people must be complaining!
    It happened in Kempton Park, Bedfordview and Edenvale.
    Perhaps it is a "new" decision.

Yvonne

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.